Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official FFVII Remake (That Is Not Likely To Happen Anytime Soon) Thread

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    It will probably happen someday but I wouldn't imagine it will be anytime in the near future.

To the people who come here often: It's been a while since I actively browsed this forum. Do we even have an official "FFVII Remake That Is Not Likely To Happen Anytime Soon" thread? I'm sure we could merge a dozen or so and title it that, then sticky it so people know not to make more of these threads.
    Oh, there have been at least 20 remake related threads in the past 6 months. At least.

It will probably happen one day, unfortunately.
    Naw, there's only been one other thread apart from this one, I think. It's just that the other threads all wander off onto this topic somehow.
    Keyword being 'related'. :3

thay may do a remake but i just saw a cut seen at the end of doc with genniss walking off with the guy who had two gunblades saying thay still have something to do befor he flys off so theres probably another ff7 sequil in the works as well

well...i have been waiting for this forever...i originally thought that the movie ADVENT CHILDREN was the new final fantasy 7...but they already made a new story that was pretty ok...all they would have to do is add to it and then we would have Final Fantasy VII-2...and thats what it would most likly be called...what do yall think?!

Well since AC is a continuation of VII wouldn't it be logical to include it in the remake? Take cut scenes from it and add it into the "intermission" part to take on the brand new story line of VII-2. Think it would be pretty interesting.

Have VII remade with PS3 graphics and a little more in a prologue of Zack. The original game, cut scenes from AC after taking beating Sephiroth for the first time with some game time included in between the cutscenes, then make VII-2, but just don't call it VII-2. Its a blu-ray disc so there is PLENTY of room for it. Hell even MGS4 didnt take up an entire disc and there was AT LEAST an hour of cutscene / mini movies...

Blog Entries

If its not remade till 2017 its gonna have ps4 graphics because it will be on playstation 4

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think that a remake of FFVII would be a double edged sword for Square Enix. It will undoubtedly make them a small fortune from all the fans, and will also cause them to focus less on other projects to make it.

They don't have to change the actual game at all, but knowing Square Enix they will. We will (most likely)have
    A new translation
    Story changes to fit with the new plot from the compilation
    A bunch of new materia.
    Sapphire weapon will be fightable as a superboss.

I think SE should do something that would probably please all fans. Make two VII remakes. Other is simple PSP port with new translation and maybe a little new content. And other is full Remake made to fit with Compilation.

I donīt like Compilation at all ( well that Zack-game seems decent),it just doesnīt fit in VII story or world, it doesnīt have the magic of original VII. I would be very happy with just PSP port. Though I need to buy PSP first, which I probably will because I want to play Tactics, the FF I havenīt played, and it is important part of FF, especially since it is referenced in IX.

Chea ers this would be the best idea think about it 97's 2nd best game (Behind Castlevania:Symphony of the Night) think how much they sold back then think everyone still plays it so why wouldnt they remake it for like the PSP or even the PS3 that would be too ill
    "Stay Your Hand The Girls Life Is Now Mine"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkswordofchaos View Post
    If its not remade till 2017 its gonna have ps4 graphics because it will be on playstation 4
    I thought since you said PS4, you meant that it would be on the PlayStation 9.

I think a remake would need to have:
    -More compilation references/flashbacks
    -A more interesting Nibelheim Incident flashback that corresponds to CC
    -Better character development, goes along with compilation references
    -Sapphire WEAPON as a superboss
    -Sephiroth(s) bosses more difficult
    -Better translation
    -New content (New areas on map, Golden Saucer minigames, Materia, etc)
    Currently Playing:
    STARCRAFT II: WINGS OF LIBERTY for PC

I would say that FFIII and FFIV for the DS would imply that it's slightly possible. However, I believe those games were remade because they were underappreciated. FFVII sure as hell isn't underappreciated, and seeing how effortlessly they've ported it to the PS3 and PSP and making it easily available again, what would be the point?

Now if that PC version could get a re-release...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaskull View Post
    -A more interesting Nibelheim Incident flashback that corresponds to CC
    -Better character development, goes along with compilation references
    If they did that, I wouldn't touch it with a twenty-mile pole.

its evident the demand is out there, if ff7 got remade in all honesty I would likely buy the games console they release it on just so I can play it.

There is so much potential for the remake besides better gfx and sound.

fix the bugs present in the original such as lack of magic defense on armour.
    add new bosses especially new weapons.
    add a diffilculty level setting so those of us who find the game way too easy will fight harder bosses etc.
    add some cut scenes more flashbacks etc.
    if possible add audio scenes like the ones we see in crisis core.
    make the storyline longer on the disc 3 portion of the game, ff7 you do disc 1, disc 2 seems quickish and then disc 3 is like almost nothing as if they had to cut to the end very sharpish due to time constraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    If they remake this they better add lots of extra stuff to it that wasn't in the original. FF7 with just better graphics doesn't appeal much to me at all.
    oh,perhaps an online ff7 game alongside of it!? maybe the wutai war and be a soldier? or maybe as a turk in shinra's uprising...nah >.>

OH, I got it! A side story playing as barret describing his horrific and tragic time as the only black man in the whole UNIVERSE and his revenge on the square developers for being so racist!

actually, I like the latter more than the formal

I really dont think there should be a remake either. now...final fantasy IIIj PS3 remake....(sweet) I know they made the ds port but honestly...it sucked :/

Blog Entries

just update gfx and add voice overs those are the only things wrong with an otherwise immaculate game

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Unus Volatilis Angelus
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk
    Why should they remake it? There's no need whatsoever.
    uh, yes they do... they have to change it a bit now that Crisis Core has change the past. I find that a "need".
    Or..........they could have written Crisis Core in such a way that it didn't change the past. That would have made MUCH more sense right? If Square weren't so incompetent that's what they would have done. Also your "need" is much more of a "want".

Plus, they could enter the new/enhanced songs and better graphics...
    New songs? Meh. I love all the songs in the game. What ones would you change? All the character themes should stay the same or it'd be another reason to complain about it. I can't imagine walking up to the Shinra HQ without hearing the Shina Theme or seeing Aeris death without hearing her theme playing in time to Holy bouncing down the steps.

As for better graphics. Okay fair enough. In that case I demand a remake of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy XII too. Yes the graphics are fine as they are, but why not make them better? In fact I demand that Square remake VII on the PS3 and then again on the PS4, PS5 and every console that comes out afterwards. Yep Square should forsake making new FF games that might capture the same magic as VII and instead continue to remake the original every time the graphics begin to look a bit dated. They should slave away pumping out VII remakes as punishment for making such a popular game on what is now an outdated console, just to please the whims of it's fans.

Also what happens if they DO remake VII on the PS3 with fantastic graphics? Then Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core, with it's silly Kingdom Hearts-lite graphics, will look outdated too. So should Square remake them too?

Complaining about VII's graphics is akin to watching Citizen Kane or Casablanca and moaning that it's in black and white.

It would be even better if we could play the game from the actual beginning... Zack... Genesis... Angeal... Sephiroth... then Cloud... Tifa... Barret... Arieth... etc... Or just have it nearly the same but do include the Crisis Core effects.
    No they should stick to VII's story and not let it be dragged down by the appalling spin-offs. They don't add anything of any value to the rich plot of VII. The plot of the game is self-contained and the open-ended finale of the game lets the player decide the fate of humans and Earth. Then the sequel film ruined all of that while the other spin-offs just confuse the perfect-to-begin-with plot with irrelevant characters and plot lines that were never MEANT to be in the first game to begin with.
    I think this has got to be the most irrational stand i have seen someone take in a long time. Seriously, have you played these games recently?

FF VII

FF X

FF XII

Graphics are going to need to exceed well beyond photorealism before the latter two would benefit from graphic update just as much as the first one would from a complete remake for the PSP right now. To say nothing of a proper big budget release for the PS3. Let alone one that would be made after FF XIII in a few years. Don't even try to compare it.

FFXIV Character

Aydin Yamisama (Sargatanas)

Oh my god! I MADE A STICKY THREAD!!!