Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7 7s of 7 years and 7 days in FFVII a.k.a.: FF7, or the 7 obsessions

Blog Entries

You know it could all just be an inside joke.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

They probably just put the 7s in there to see how many people would notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Blog Entries

Default Gods Favorite Number.

well you always get reminded that this is the seventh in the series. 7, 7, 7, 7, 7 ,7 ,7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They should have stated we're the 7th furthest from the sun in this solar system we're in.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It could be a "theme" that Sqaure decided to put in. I have reason to believe that Sqaure like themes, at least in their later games (have to check the earlier ones), but I can remember that FFX had a lot of water related stuff for instance, and FFVIII had various references to feathers and flower fields (the appearance of lions might have been a minor theme too.) So maybe "7" was chosen to be a theme for FFVII...

Blog Entries

Did yall ever think that you might just be thinking to hard about this and its all purly coincidence?? The sqaur staff are plolly reading this going
    "pshht, look at these crazies, they have no idea what they are talking about"

Then again there could be a vast 7's conspiricy we will never know

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkswordofchaos View Post
    Did yall ever think that you might just be thinking to hard about this and its all purly coincidence?? The sqaur staff are plolly reading this going
    "pshht, look at these crazies, they have no idea what they are talking about"

Then again there could be a vast 7's conspiricy we will never know
    Probably, but it's more fun to assume it was intentional.

I think that it must have been an intentional decision made by the developers. The 7777 rage (or whatever it is) was definitely a conscious decision made by the developers. Why they did it, I don't know. Probably because it was the seventh game in the series. Although I'm sure it's actually a secret Illuminati scheme to entrap the entire world.

Blog Entries

maby all of those 7777's are hypnotizing us all to become a mindless army for the illuminati shadow government. or mabey it causes more people to buy the game.

and more sevens...
    Ifalna was held by ShinRa for 7 years

The 7,777 rage mode (Lucky Sevens?) was because of slot machines that lined up 777 is sometime jackpot. Some of these 7's that y'all are stating are not even stated in the game. I could take any reoccuring number or theme and try to link it to some sort of theory or conspiracy if I wanted to.
    Sigless

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm View Post
    The 7,777 rage mode (Lucky Sevens?) was because of slot machines that lined up 777 is sometime jackpot. Some of these 7's that y'all are stating are not even stated in the game. I could take any reoccuring number or theme and try to link it to some sort of theory or conspiracy if I wanted to.
    yeap that is very true, The number 23 anyone?

I like to think all the 7s are intentional. Another small point, Aeris final weapon has 7 materia slots

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    It could be a "theme" that Sqaure decided to put in. I have reason to believe that Sqaure like themes, at least in their later games (have to check the earlier ones), but I can remember that FFX had a lot of water related stuff for instance, and FFVIII had various references to feathers and flower fields (the appearance of lions might have been a minor theme too.) So maybe "7" was chosen to be a theme for FFVII...
    The question has been answered. It is a theme and themes are awesome. Every reference to the number 7 in this game adds to it.

Why is Vincent (coincidentally has 7 letters) 27 instead of 26 or 29?
    Cloud is 21 (a multiple of 7) as would be Zack if he were still alive. I think he was 21 when he died. One of Zack's attacks in Crisis Core deals 15 hits. To a trio, it will deal 7 hits to two separate enemies and then 1 final (not worthwhile) hit to the last enemy.
    Genesis coincidentally has 7 letters in his name.
    I could have sworn Sephiroth's Masamune was supposed to be a 7-ft.-sword. Flub on that one.
    Before Cid's rocket went wrong, at some point, Shera says "Tank Number 7 check is complete".

After being captured by Hojo, Ifalna escaped 7 years later with Aerith.

Marlene coincidentally has 7 letters in her name.

Zack and Aerith dated 7 years ago.

Tifa hasn't seen Cloud for 7 years.

Midgar - Midgard. According to the Norse mythology, it is the home of "man" one of the 7 races around at that time.

Aeris's best weapon has only 7 materia sockets.

In Bone Village, you can only have 7 diggers at a time.

At the Chocobo Ranch, you can only hold 7 chocobos. Also, chocobos can be found in 7 different areas of the World Map.

The monsters called Castanets, Custom Sweeper, Vargid Police, Elfadunk, Zemzelett, Levrikon and Forumla each have AP 7.

Rocket Lanucher (monster) drops 7 gil.

Striking Staff
    Wiser Staff, Dragoon Lance, Force Stealer, Platinum Fist, Sniper CR, Boomerang and Wind Slash all have m. att. 7.

Tifa's final limit break, you will get 7 rolls to use and in Battle Arena, the limit number of the rolls is 7.

LIMIT Breaks performed 7 times to get attacks.
    Tifa's Water Kick for Meteodrive.
    Cloud's Blade Beam for Climhazzard.
    Aerith's Healing Wind for Seal Evil.
    Barret's Satellite Beam for Ungermax.
    Red XIII's Blood Fang for Stardust Ray.
    Cid's Boost Jump for Dynamite.
    Yuffie's Landscaper for Bloodfest.

You are held in Junon for 7 days after your capture.

In Junon, one of the doors to get to Rufus (at the dock) is numbered 7.

In Mideel, a couple of guys talk about how Cloud was discovered 7 days ago washed ashore near the edge of town, and that he is currently in the hospital.

In the maze, the door at 7 o' clock brings you to the Trumpet Shell whose att is 68 (2 pts from 70).
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER
    Avalanche's hideout is in Sector 7 in Midgar
    ...and it is in a pub called "The Seventh Heaven".
    The promise between Cloud and Tifa was made "7 years ago".
    There are 7 types of Materia (if the Black and White Materias are included)
    When Tifa passes out, she is asleap for 7 months, acording to Barret.
    As you near the end of the game, it is said that Meteor will fall in about 7 days.
    The 7 Squares in the Saucer.
    If you are hurt in battle, and your HP lands on exactly 7777 that character will keep attacking and each hit will be 7777

Quote Originally Posted by Unus Volatilis Angelus View Post
    the true story begins seven years ago at Nimbleheim
    The Nibelheim incident only occured 5 years before the game began.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.