Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another ghost appearance [Spoilers]

Default Another ghost appearance [Spoilers]

Check out this thread first.

So, there`s a ghostly face in the 'Resting on all four feet' room at Shinra Manor.

It just shows that one of the team developers had the intention to implement some mysterious, unexplained and deceived bits into the game. Perhaps, they expect you to regard thier subtly serect plans as probably nonsense under normal circumstances. Funnily enough, this ghost thing (especially the Aeris / Zack ghosts) brings some relevance to the story.
    Of course, they have done like this to the other Final Fantasy games for some traditional reason.

P.S Sorry I don`t have a picture of the ghost to show, I tried taking a picture off a camera but it doesn`t have high quality.

there's also a ghostly face in the opening credits in the lower right corner... but, i'm sure that's just my brain interpreting the shadows and shadings as such and really means nothing in the grand scheme of the game... as i'm sure all those other Ghost Immages people see in the Compilation of FF VII are of the same nature, the human brain peicing together light and shadow elements to form a cohesive image the brain can accept and recognize, wether it be there intentionaly or not...
    i remember as a child i would look at the woodgrain panneling in our home and see all kinds of images in the patterns but i know and knew at the time that those images were there mearly as a coincidence... to this day i still see images and paterns in things most people don't notice, but i just accept that it's the artists eye to see what is really not there and form images where there truly is none... conspiracy buffs also share this trait...

Blog Entries

I see things in the snow on the tv channels with no signal. I think it's a conspiracy.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I`ve also debugged the PC version of FF7, during the church scene after Aeris`s death, there were certain ASM code (came from ollydbg) that linked with the disappearance of Aeris. When the code was breakpointed, she appeared and then disappeared. Then another code came into play, that Aeris isn't going to appear again. Before her death in the game, the certain ASM code weren`t there. So, it was definitely intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Elly
    there's also a ghostly face in the opening credits in the lower right corner... but, i'm sure that's just my brain interpreting the shadows and shadings as such and really means nothing in the grand scheme of the game... as i'm sure all those other Ghost Immages people see in the Compilation of FF VII are of the same nature, the human brain peicing together light and shadow elements to form a cohesive image the brain can accept and recognize, wether it be there intentionaly or not...
    You can easily distinguish between CGI and real life, thereby making your brain recognise the difference. This game was generated by a computer in the hands of the developers, simple textures were widely fixed in the game, so it`s impossible to find anything strange on them. Unless, of course, the developers used thier imaginations while drawing the textures at the same time. So, in this case, it`s not your imagination that takes the credit 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke
    I see things in the snow on the tv channels with no signal. I think it's a conspiracy.
    There was a time at the park I`ve hanged out with my friend. I made some bits on the snow look very unusual and quite subtle behind her back. I persuaded her vision to notice the bits by throwing my ball near them, and apparently she did notice them and said "Hey, what`s that stuff near your ball?" and I was like "No, what? I can`t notice anything strange, must be your imagination!". She fell for it.

I think Aeris' ghost in the church is simply another one of VII's many, many, glitches.

Also after reading that thread you linked I agree with the poster who said the appearances of Zack and Aerith at the end was symbolic. Like Aeris' appearance at the very end of VII. It's just meant to show you that Aeris and Zack are now together in heaven, blah, blah. It's also to show that Cloud can now get over his guilt and general emo-ness and get back to having fun and shagging Tifa.

Until we see a picture of this 'ghost' in the Shinra Manor we really can't comment on it. But I don't agree that there are any mysterious supernatural aspects to the game Bugenhagen explaining the err...circle of life kind of disproves that. So yeah, no ghosts in the game imo.

Oh I tell a lie! I saw some ghosts in the Train Graveyard. No, really, if you get into a random battle and look hard enough you might just be able to spot them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk
    I think Aeris' ghost in the church is simply another one of VII's many, many, glitches.
    Consider this.

In the Church scene of FF7, she was seen to be sitting next to two childs prior to her flashing process; disappearing out of no where.

In the end of AC, she was definitely a ghost and was also seen to be sitting next to two childs before flying away with Zack in flash light.

See the connection? So, it can`t be a glitch, not fully, anyway. Maybe Square have forgotten to disable the flashing process BEFORE her actual death. It would be nice if they actually wanted this to happen, it sort of gives you a 'premonition' feeling.

Remember that FF7 was the first 3d game that SquareSoft has created, so it would be reasonable to say that they didn`t know much about 3d modeling at that time. For example, if they had better knowledge in the field, they would have made the model of Aeris transparented, instead of making it flashing. As far as I`m concerned, there`s no such thing as transparented model in the game.

Maybe you exaggerated about the 'many, many glitches' part a bit, but either way, the game actually doesn`t have that many glitches, let alone the related ones to the story.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk
    Consider this.

In the Church scene of FF7, she was seen to be sitting next to two childs prior to her flashing process; disappearing out of no where.

In the end of AC, she was definitely a ghost and was also seen to be sitting next to two childs before flying away with Zack in flash light.

See the connection? So, it can`t be a glitch, not fully, anyway.
    Yes it can. I'm sure Square would be aware of their own glitch and might've thrown in the similarity on purpose. I mean they've done stuff like that in basically all of their games (ie: 'The World is Square').

Well, if they have decided to refurbish the glitch intentionally for commercial purposes, then it`s no longer a glitch. I don`t think that`s the case, though, because if they knew about the glitch, they would have fixed it in the PC version because this particular 'glitch' can influence the story. There are a few other glitches that Square didn`t fix but those were just minors and bring no relevance to the story. Although, there were some translation errors that could confuse some people about the story but that`s a different story since they aren`t based on general.

It`s pretty interesting.
    AC took place two years after the events of FF7.
    Miraculously, the two childs existed in the exact same position (sitting and doing stuff on the floor) in between FF7 and AC. Why same place and same time?
    The two childs AC looked still small, about the same as in FF7. But then again, two years is not of a big difference ...

I think that the two childs along with Aeris and Zack were just ghosts which only come from Cloud`s mind. Let`s look at this way:

In FF7
    1) Cloud entered the Church.
    2) He saw Aeris sitting with two childs. He knew that Aeris was already dead. Although the two childs were very real. This fragment made Cloud remember.

Why Cloud didn`t say "What the hell? Aeris?" ? Well, if you look at the end of AC, he was pretty quiet about it too, which may explain his silence in the FF7 scene. I mean his personality, he`s usually quiet and open minded.

In AC
    1) In the Church, everybody celebrated.
    2) Cloud began thinking about the past.
    3) Cloud then visually displayed the fragment from his mind. Showing images of the two childs sitting with Aeris, and Zack waiting in the back.

Why did Cloud display the fragment in AC? He just wants to be forgived since he fought Sephiroth. There`s another fragment as well, the grey wolf, showing Cloud`s guilt.

Cloud is the main character, therefore, your TV screen in FF7 is basically the vision of Cloud`s. In a sense, anyway.
    That would also explain how Cloud (you) could see Zack in the photo at the very end.

Using Advent Children to prove points in VII doesn't work since AC was made afterwards. Aeirs' ghost is very well known so Square may have put a little reminder of Aeris in the film to sort of play on it. Like in the first Star Wars film when a storm trooper bangs his head on the door frame was a beloved blooper yet in the Gold editions Lucas added a "boink!" sound effect to play on it.

As for the games many glitches, well off the top of my head I can think of;

-The W-Item Glitch

-The Crater Duplication Glitch. (A fairly well known one. This is the only way to get the third mystile.)

-The Overflow Glitch (Allows Vincent and Barret to kill Emerald with just one Attack command)

-The Magic Defence Glitch (The magic defence stat in the game simply does not work)

-The Save Crystal Glitch (Save your game at the wrong point in the crater and you MAY not be able to get out.

-The Adamantaimai Glitch. (Cast Big Guard on the Adamantaimai and it will try to cast Restore on itself...which it can't do. This causes the game to crash and it tells you to press R1, L1 and select to escape the fight.)

-The back attack glitch (All back attack battles are made redundant as you can avoid this predicament by pressing R1 & L1 to start running away before releasing the buttons and thus turning your characters around.)

-The 'can't get off chocobo' Glitch- Change your controls so that X is confirm and O is cancel and apparently that makes it impossible to dismount from a chocobo for some odd reason.

-The Jersey ???? Glitch. (The Jerseys in the game are meant to attack with magic or attacks depending on what direction their scales are facing, but attack them once and they will NEVER use ???? during that fight.

-The Pandora's Box Glitch- Not sure if this is one, but the only way to get the enemy skill Pandora's Box is from the Dragon Zombies in the crater, but you only get one chance to learn it during the entire game. So as soon as one Dragon Zombie casts PBox as it's final attack the game cocks up and makes sure that you will never see that spell again.

-The Unable To Breed A Gold Chococo Glitch- When breeding a black and wonderful chocobo together you have to choose the black chocobo first (or it may be the wonderful chocobo first....I dunno) or you won't get a Gold Chocobo.

-The Unable To Escape Battle Glitch- In the great glacier after defeating the Schizo if you stay around on that screen and get into another random battle you will not be able to escape from it as the game thinks you are still in a boss fight...

-The Gelinka Rude Glitch (I don't quite know how this works but sometimes after doing a physical attack Rude won't attack at all for the rest of the battle.)

-Avoid The Turks' Glitch. (If you do the Wutai sidequests when you bump into The Turks for the final time in Midgar you are given the option of chosing not to fight them. However even if you haven't done the sidequest and helped them rescue Elena from Don Corneo you can STILL avoid having to fight them by walking in such a way that the sequence where Reno, Rude and Elena walk into the screen doesn't even happen.)

-Infinite Elixir Glitch. (In he Great Glacier there is a cave with an elixir. If you press O you will get the elixir and see a message on the screen saying 'Received Elixir' however if you then walk out the cave without pressing O to remove the message the Elixir will be back there once again allowing you to get as many as you please.

Anybody else no some? This game is bugged nearly as much as FF VI. Not to mention translated lines that make zero sense "So that's how you fooled them" and random stuff that is still a mystery to this day- the unlockable chest in Kalm. The Aeris ghost is just another one of these many glitches imo.

Speaking of glitches this is yet ANOTHER one from the game which makes a certain somebody's death hilarious thanks to Vincent. After seeing crazy Vincent in that video Aeris glitch isn't that hard to believe.

I don`t see how using specific AC events to compare with FF7 is wrong. FF7 and AC are in the same compilation after all (story wise, characters, etc.) They are all connected, so it`s reasonable to compare specific events between the two products. I was talking in a 'order' sense that Cloud saw the incident first in FF7 and then he saw it again in AC.

As far as 'compilation' process goes, of course, Square is going to borrow something from the previous installment and spice them up for the next one. It`s a possbility that they take the glitch out and made it look more legitimate in AC, but that`s hard to determine because they usually have done like that but with "unglitched" parts.

Some of these glitches you listed are interesting, but like I said, most of them don`t bring relevance to the story.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Some of these glitches you listed are interesting, but like I said, most of them don`t bring relevance to the story.
    That's the point, the game is riddled with glitches, Aeris ghost was just another one.

Square isn't willing to pay their team to bring Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix to US because they think it won't harbor a large enough profit, you think Square was going to pay their FFVII team to go through and fix all the glitches before releasing it to US? No, it wouldn't change their profit.

What I meant when I said you can't use things from AC to prove points in VII is that Advent Children was an afterthought. They didn't add a ghost of Aeris into VII just so they could explain confirm that it was her ghost in AC. They probably took the games' glitch and decided to expand on it due to fan service.

A good example of this in in Street Fighter II where one of Ryu's win quotes was "If you cannot break through the Rising Dragon Punch, you cannot win!". However this was mistranslated to "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance." Following this EGM magazine made an April Fools Prank claiming that 'Sheng Long' was Ryu and Ken's former master. The prank and the SF II quote- which was just a mistranslation- became so famous that it prompted Capcom to create Gouken who is now playable in SF IV.

Who's to say Square didn't think to themselves "hey this Aeris ghost glitch thing very well known. I'm always getting asked about it. How about if we include a little scene like that in AC as a knowing wink to our fans?"

I could just as easily talk about the Vincent glitch I linked in my last paragraph and say- "Vincent's strange dancing movements show how he disliked Aeris." He also doesn't talk about her much in AC or DoC, this is further proof.

Blog Entries

Default Rant Rambler

IMO they put the ghost in there to show cloud was still thinking of them or that they were still there but only as ghosts. When I first seen the Aeris Ghost I was like "damn well maybe she'll come back". The only way she does come back is in AC where she asks cloud who he wants to be forgiven by and other times where she makes it rain or helps cloud heal when he went face first into Bahamut Sins meaga flare. There are other times yes but we don't call them glitches, do we?Anyways...
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Goldenboko, the Aeris incident does bring some relevance to the story because it`s the same concept that`s used at the end of AC.

It wouldn`t change thier profit? But it can help. More good reviews, less plot errors and more interesting events implemented within the story = can generate more customers for the company. Even though they are already a rich company but it can still help.

The Turk, was there any ghostly model in FF7? That`s the point.

Ya, sora_lion_heart. That`s what I partly thought.

In the Debug room, you see some more dialogues of Aeris, maybe ...

Well there is the 'ghost model' of Cloud every time he freaks out and Sephiroth controls him. For instance in the Honeybee Inn or at the Temple of the Ancients you see a transparent Cloud coming out of the real Cloud's body, but that's obviously not a ghost. I think Sephiroth may have a 'ghost model' too for when he fades in and out of scenes too.