Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brand New Trailer Revealed.

i think everyone agrees that FFXII was probably the worse final fantasy in the series.

I think you mean FFX-2.
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFX-2 doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by skillzboy4 View Post
    i think everyone agrees that FFXII was probably the worse final fantasy in the series.
    HA, I personally liked it more than
    2, 4, 7, and 9

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

FFXII is my favorite FF yet.

FFXII is only behind VII and IX for me. Great game.

Naw, VIII and X were a hundred times worse then XII. Despite XII's lack of story, what story it did have was at least cool. VIII's and X's were just bloody ridiculous.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

God I wish someone would just close this thread now ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Agreed.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

No final fantasy fan can agree on anything

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    ilu Jess.

By the way, you're all wrong. ^_^.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I can agree with Miriel regarding how sometimes it's better to be unrealistic, though. That's something I loved about VII, the blocky characters with massive heads and hands
    Man, I loved those polygonal characters. <3 And I really love the design for the remakes of Final Fantasy for DS. I guess it's just the aesthetic that I prefer. I mean, I was pretty wowed by the graphics in FFX. But since then there hasn't been much of an evolution or development in style. Like I said in my previous post, it's just the same ol' same ol' only a little prettier.
    Sometimes, it is better to be unrealistic under the pretense of the art style of the game. I like the graphical style of the Final Fantasy series and its moves towards realism because they will, eventually, reach a point where the line between fantasy and reality is blurred as technology continues to develop.

I was not a fan of the graphics of Final Fantasy VII even at the time of its release because I had trouble understanding what certain people were doing in the cutscenes besides the full motion videos.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Oh man...

My one real gripe with this trailer is the size of the battle interface. The menu is taking up almost one third of the screen during combat, and the menu seemed to be dominating the action, which, given how much they worked on the cinematic battles and animations, seems a little odd to me. Previous FF games have had menus of a similar size (FFVII, for example), but at least there the menu never interfered with the action. The screen was split into the action at top and the menu at the bottom. In this new system, the action plays out over the entire screen, with the battle menu just overlayed on top of it. The result is that the menu is in the foreground, and the animations are in the background, which is not, in my opinion, a wonderful choice.

There are some other minor things that could be problems, but I don't know enough about the game to form a decision on them yet. We haven't seen anywhere near the game's full range of environments, and the whole "sci-fi instead of fantasy" thing might be restricted to just Cocoon. I also have yet to try out the battle system, so I won't worry about how the battle mechanics are executed yet.

And, as for the "characters returning to their start position after attacking", that didn't bother me at all. The characters moved very fluidly in combat and, when they were retreating to their start positions, at least it looked like they were doing so as part of the battle. Like maybe they were a little too intelligent to just go "Hey, I'm done attacking now, so I'm just going to sit in the middle of this huge group of enemies and hope they don't slaughter me until my next attack".
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Just to say: FFXII was awesome! Only behind the epics that are X & VIII.

Str8 Pimpin'