Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Just to say: FFXII was awesome! Only behind the epics that are X & VIII.
    You're my favorite member now :</>D!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    And, as for the "characters returning to their start position after attacking", that didn't bother me at all. The characters moved very fluidly in combat and, when they were retreating to their start positions, at least it looked like they were doing so as part of the battle. Like maybe they were a little too intelligent to just go "Hey, I'm done attacking now, so I'm just going to sit in the middle of this huge group of enemies and hope they don't slaughter me until my next attack".
    It only irritates me cause it breaks up the illusion of the moment. You get to see a very fluid battle with the character attacking monsters with a very smooth combo style attack and then he basically runs back to his starting position as though he can't attack without the loving support of his friends beside them. Just watching the video, it broke my suspension of disbelief concerning the battle system. I lost focus on the action was constantly reminded this is a staged battle system with lots of menus. A better option would have been if the character just moved out of the fray and basically make it appear your party is trying to encircle the enemy. Instead he goes back to his imaginary base like the old school games.

Its not that I feel SE is trying to cut corners or be lazy, I know they are only do this to appease all the fans that whined about not having the "classic" turn base system. Its nice that SE listened to the fanbase but I feel the fanbase is being truly stupid on this one and forcing SE to hold back on the game; so they don't upset them like they did with XI and XII. I'm more disappointed with the fans than SE.

FFXIII needs a combat system similar to Knights of the Old Republic. It was an RPG that worked in real time that didn't have characters moving back and forth between starting positions. It also transitioned fluidly from fighting enemies to exploring the area. It also had a victory theme when you defeated enemies, for those that missed the FF victory theme from XII.