Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Urban Dictionary your town

I couldn't find Idaho Falls, so I went with my hometown of Rigby.

And all I can say is, WTF? Its not appropriate. Its an action

And now for the State of IDaho.
    1. Idaho 363 up, 140 down love ithate it

One of the best conducted hoaxes in history. Idaho does not exist, nor does anyone "from Idaho" exist. It is suspected Idaho is a black hole.

Idaho is, in actuality, the final resting place of the B-52's. When their career began to decline, they left for Idaho and never returned.
    My grandma's poodle was sucked into the gaping void of Idaho while she was visiting Montana.
    by AngryAmishMafia May 19, 2004 share this add comment
    2. idaho 130 up, 75 down love ithate it

The land of forests and very clean cities where half of the citizens have never even seen a potato farm. Land where Napolean Dynamite was filmed and we're proud of it! It kicks ass, but you never really learn to appreicate it until you move to some crappy town like Spokane.
    IDAHO KICKS ASS and only an Idahoan could understand.
    by IheartZags Mar 2, 2005 share this add comment
    3. Idaho 72 up, 31 down love ithate it

Used to be: Lousy roads, clean air, clean water, farmers, loggers, back to the earth folks. Nice.

Now: Lousy roads with tons of traffic and traffic jams, one of the nine deadliest highways in the country (Highway 95). Home to greedy developers, road-ragers, and skyrocketing property values (forcing minimum-wage locals and (mostly old, so what does it matter?) people who've lived here forever out). Overly promoted by the greedy, can't-get-enough money tourist industry. Home to the Hagamonstrosity. Sheesh. Took 30 minutes to go 8 miles from Sagle to Sandpoint last week, an hour to get home from Coeur d'Alene (30 miles). Go someplace else. GO HOME!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
    Idaho - it's just like everywhere else but with worse roads!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

3. Barrington

An upper-class town outside of Chicago, IL where the average cost of a home is 700,000 dollars. A beautiful Northwest suburb with about 20,000 people. You will find plenty of banks and starbucks in the downtown area and plenty of high schoolers driving new BMW's, Range Rovers, or Mercedes.
    "Dude you live in Barrington?"
    "yea"
    "Dude, you're rich!"

5. Barrington

pronounced Baaarrrrriiinnnnggggtttttooooonnnnnnn, a bunch of rich pricks who are stuck up there own asshole to give a smurf about one another.
    barrington people are bitches

Brentwood is an affluent suburb of Nashville, Tennessee.
    According to Wikipedia:
    (As of 2007) "The median home price in Brentwood is $523,477. The median household income in Brentwood is $130,580."
    Brentwood parents often send their children to the better private schools in the Middle Tennessee area (ie Battle Ground Academy, Brentwood Academy, Harpeth Hall, St. Cecelia's Academy, Montgomery Bell Academy, Father Ryan High school, and Franklin Road Academy). However, Brentwood High school and Ravenwood High school are two of the best public schools in Tennessee. Teenagers typically not only have their own car by 15 or 16, but in quite a few cases, their own expensive/luxury car. It is not uncommon to see many - if not all - girls wearing designer clothing and carrying designer bags (especially Coach, Louis Vuitton, Dooney and Bourke, Juicy Couture etc). Depending on trends, most younger teens are seen wearing Hollister, Abercrombie, or American Eagle apparel. Ralph Lauren and Lacoste polos are a popular name brand among all Brentwood residents. Brentwood was the first place I heard someone coin the term "prosti-tot" - for all the young ( <17-18 aged) girls who dress promiscuously while parading around the few "teen hang outs" in the Brentwood/Coolsprings area. Prosti-tots are apparently jail-bait and present potential trouble for 18+ aged boys who fail to realize they're hitting on a 14 year-old with just too much make-up and cleavage.
    The party scene in Brentwood is not so great unless you're one who always enjoys going to X's house party while the parents are away (or in some cases, while the parents are present) to drink yourself to oblivion only to do the same the following weekend or whenever. In a hasty generalization of the younger crowd (and I do not excuse myself in this negative stereotype): we (teens/college students) are all just a bunch of spoiled and bored people. I still love living here, though. Haha.
    Surprisingly accurate. haha!

...please don't come stalk me.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    1. Phoenix, AZ

The second worse place to live in America. Full of people who think they are better than everyone and who flee their hometowns for greener (drier) pastures.
    Phoenix, AZ is for *******.

2. Phoenix, Az

Baddest Place Eva Built!
    Where They Teach All *******
    How To Smoke!
    Come To Phoenix, Az Youll
    Leave Bein A PotHead!
    Profanity censored out.

Well, despite all that...I still like living here.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Memphis is a ghetto, 93% black part of Tennessee, that has the highest crime rate in the nation. More homocides, rapes, theft, & kidnappings happen in areas such as the Mall of Memphis, & Orange Mound than anywhere else in the United States. Memphis is the city where "Crunk" was first used. It is the most populated city in Tennessee, & the only one that votes democrat. There are many attractions to visit such as Mud Island, Graceland, Beale Street, The Memphis Zoo, the Memphis in May Festival, & the National Civil Rights Museum, but it is recommended you bring mace, because you are likely to get shot by a Blood, Vice Lord, or Crip member, because all three operate their southern gang heaquarters in Memphis.

Pittsburgh, PA

1. An unpretentious city that can be both stifling and inspiring, lively and deadly, hip and stuck in the past - a big village with it's own sort of Yinzer charm!

2. A vast, lively city that is never the same twice. It looks like your typical mild-mannered, politically correct city, but the area's residents know that it is far more. Truly uplifting people, amazing turnouts for sporting events, lots of beer, Pennsylvania's largest concentration of Gothic Lolitas, a wonderful indie music scene, and some great colleges.

Also, there is so much water. Three rivers meet at an area Pittsburghers have come to call The Point, and there's a cool fountain and picnic area there. Pittsburgh is also notorious for flooding.

Finally, Pittsburgh's weather is off-the-wall. It's May as I'm writing this, and we had snow two weeks ago, warm-ish rain last week, and this week we're expecting it to be cold. Still.
    Going on vacation? Come to Pittsburgh. You may have to stay in Monroeville because there aren't any hotels in the city, but look on the bright side--it's only a twenty-minute ride from any of our suburbs to the city itself...!

3. A city in western pennsylvania that loves its sports especially the steelers. Surprisingly beautiful with warm frendly people.

4. greatest city on the planet full of old fat guys who like to drink pabst blue ribbon and watch the stillers. if you dont like pittsburgh, you smurfing suck.
    pittsburgh is where people go to get drunk and pass out in the cold, hence i would give my right nut to never leave.

5. a very cool place to live near
    even if the suburbs of pittsburgh are boring, theres always something to do in the city

6. One of America's great cities; a place with authentic neighborhoods, characterful people, interesting architecture, stunning vistas, a keen sense of history, and a uniqe ability to reinvent itself in a changing economy while maintaing the best of its past. Certainly one of the most beautiful cities in the country, it is without a peer in cities of similar size or, in many cases, much larger cities. A truly special place where people feel comfortable to relax, be who they really are, have good conversation, meet strange people, and generally enjoy a balanced way of life.
    Pittsburgh is one of America's great cities.

7. A pretty place with coal and steel and rivers.
    Pittsburgh was the coolest place to go when we were young and bored and single.

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    HAT MAN.

WAS THAT YOU?
    :Eek:

Blog Entries

1. LOUISIANA
    I'm from LOUISIANA.
    We're as deep south as they come and we have the funniest accent you've ever heard, but you love it.
    We shouldnt even qualify as the south because when you come here, you enter another country. When you ask for a coke we ask "what kind?" and its not a sub or a hoagie, its a po-boy. Our beaches are contaminated and there are 8 different pronunciations of the word "water." Its New Orleans not "New Orleeens" and we use north and south to tell directions, not left and right. No one knows how to use a blinker, and you can't make a left turn anywhere in the city. We love our LSU tigers although there are still some Tulane fans, and Skip Bertman will ALWAYS be our baseball coach, no matter if he's dead or alive. We shoot firecrackers when they say "the rockets red glare" in the National Anthem and the Saints will always be our team (even when they win the super bowl...we'll complain about how long it took). I don't care where you live, you can't beat our seafood (especially the crawfish) and nothing is good without a little tony cacheries on it. I'm from LOUISIANA and no matter if our schools are failing, our politics are dirty, and our biggest city is underwater, there AIN'T no place like home!

2. Louisiana
    a poor ass state that i am proud to call home.home of the LSU tigers and the TULANE greenwave. no other state is like us. we are second in the amount of tourist draw (those dame hawians are first)and in my opinion we are the most cultural state in the union.
    Louisiana kicks the ass of any state.

Both great examples, but I really also like

4. Louisiana
    Where it occurred to me that the finest Hooters in the country are all located in College towns south of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Best Hooters in the world Baton Rouge Louisiana, Worst Hooter in the World New York City.

Sorry New York.

Pontypridd, Wales, UK

"A town in South Wales 30 mins from the Capital Cardiff home town of Ton Jones, Stereophonics,lost profits and some dude from the clash neither of which has been back since becoing famous apart Tom who done a gig for his 63nd birthday in the local park which cost £35 a ticket there's nothing in Ponty but shoe shops and pubs so its not suprising it s got high umemployment and the locals got nothing else better to do but get pissed up drunked up and scrap most of the problems are caused by valley commando's who live in the surounding valleys around ponty the term given to this is the commandos are out on tour they normanly be found out on tour either its Giro day or just been down AKA just got out of prison most commonly the HMP parc in bridgend or USK for the ones under 18 if your unlucky enough to end up in a pub in ponty on the weekend remember keep bank notes well hidden do not make any eye contact with anyone u might get met with ar eu looking at me but and get your face filled you may spot the CCTV system through out ponty and might be fooled into thinking the police respsoned incidents they see typically the police will watch it from the comfort of their police control room and turn up after if your a girl drinking in ponty dont drink pnts dont put your drinks down otherwise u end up date rape and they send pciture back to yor home address of it p's beware of the road driver are commonly drunk, stoned or stole the car or just dont have a licence in the first place
    Im off to pontypridd i'd better get my conbat outfit on and sharpen and oil my flick knife

pontypridd is known locally as the warzone"

Ahahahahahaha. So true.

The fact that everything's misspelled and there are no full stops says a lot.

Blog Entries

Home city.
    1. <b>lancaster</b>.
    Lancaster is a wonderful, friendly historic town in Lancashire, England. It's worth noting that Lancashire is named after Lancaster, and that Lancaster was an ancient kingdom. If you've heard of The War Of The Roses, well, the Kingdom of Lancaster was part of that.
    People in Lancaster are nice and tolerant, and this is said to be due to the fact that the town had maintained a large catholic population despite the English Protestant reformation, so it had ~500 years of "multiculturalism". This said though, Lancaster was recently named the city with the least amount of non-whites in the UK, with less than 1% of its population being non-white. Racism does not seem to be an issue though.
    Overall, Lancaster seems to be a place where people are relatively affluent and well-educated. That said, as with most English towns and cities, it has its share "townies" and hipsters. The townies and hipsters seem to have an enmity between them, but are still civil to each other.
    Oh, and as for soaping the fountain just prior to the 21st of August 2005, we did that! A kid I knew who came from Morecambe poured a couple of 1L bottles from Wilko's into the fountain and it was a blast! Hilarious! Sooo funny!
    Everyone there seemed to have fun that afternoon; you should've thrown someone in!
    And last but not least, I should mention I had nothing to do with soaping the fountain today!
    Lancaster, England is one funky town!
    The city I live in now.
    2. <b>Preston</b>.
    Newest City in England, Next biggest northwest city after Manchester and Liverpool. The university's new spaceage student union, won best student union in England!

Don't bother going shopping there u won't get out alive!

2 of liberty X went to college in Leyland
    Pestonions are great!

PNE rules (for a 1st division team)

Preston Accent: farmerish + manc + scouse, not as annoying as manc or scouse though.
    It should be noted that Kenny Baker (aka R2D2) lives in Preston.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some interesting Ohio ones:
    Ohio

I used to think that this state was propably the most suckish, boring state EVER.
    I think a lot differently now.
    Here are a few things about this Awesome state.

HISTORRRYYY
    This was one of the first states of the Northeast, Established in 1803. The three main cities are Columbus, the capitol, Cleveland, and Cinncinati.
    The Wright Brothers were raised in Ohio.
    So were eight of America's presidents.
    Aaand the first man to walk on the moon.
    Akron was the first town to use police cars.
    Cleveland was the first fully electric powered city.
    Also the first state to use traffic lights.
    And many many other things that I can't remember.

TIPS, HINT, AND INFO FOR ANY TOURIST...

1; STAY. AWAY. FROM. SPRINGFEILD. TOWNSHIP. This is basically the cespoo of Ohio. Unless you are crazy, like everyone else that lives in that weird place

2; ..I suggest dont go to Toledo.

3; If you have the courage to yell, 'I LOVE MICHIGAN' in a public area...You. Will. Be. Eaten. Alive. Unless you're in Toledo.

4; When you hear someone yell, 'O-H', you yell 'I-O'. Dont ask questions. Just do it.

5; Don't. Diss. OSU. You will also be eaten alive for that also. Again, unless you're in Toledo

6; In response to number one, stay away from Ellet too.

7; Our weather is crap and very unpredictable. Deal with it. I suggest bringing snowboots in the middle of summer and shorts in the dead of winter.

8; Only we can diss our state. If you diss it, we'll agree with you for that second, then again, eat you alive.

9; There's a 3/4 chance you will be eaten alive.

So, that's only 1/4 of the stuff in Ohio. Come here to figure out the rest for yourself
    But...Try not to be eaten alive...
    I don't really partake in the rampant OSU pride, but I learned from a young age that you don't go against OSU fans. Ever.

ohio

the most american place in america. its typical mid-america. full of really typical cities, a bunch of colleges, malls and even more typical suburbs. its kinda part of the midwest, but not really. ohio is bitter enemies with michigan, probably because michigan hicks have really awesome accents. the drivers and weather is no worse that where i usially live (chicago semi-suburbs)

all in all, ohio is everything in america jammed together, and its really beautiful.
    The last line is kind of sappy but it's pretty true. In a day's drive you can go from backwoods farming communities to suburban developments to some gigantic economic centers.

Don't believe this one, though:
    1. Do not mispronounce our state name. It's "Ahia" or "Ohiuh" or "Ahio" or "Uh-hi-uh" or some variation of the forementioned (or sometimes, in the southeast, just plain "'hia"). It is NOT "Oh-high-oh". Just... no. This is the easiest way to tell if someone's from out of state.
    Only hicks and old people don't say "oh-high-oh."
    8. We think it's hilarious when you struggle to pronounce names like Tuscarawas, Wapakoneta, Cuyahoga, etc.
    9. Yeah, we have a town called Hicksville. Get over it. Delaware is a city and a county, and Lima (pronounced LIE-ma) and Miami are in Ohio.
    lawl, so sad but true

Everything Urban Dictionary says about the weather is true, also.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Pittsburgh blows and I hate it.

Erie, PA:

The mistake by the lake. The snow capital of the world. Where schools never cancel classes and no one is surprised if the temp changes from 100 degrees to negative 20 in 4 hours. The adults are all either really sheltered or mega whacked out. Kids start drinking, smoking, and ing in elementary school. And you can find a bag of pot easier than you can spot a car. You might live in the city but have 3 farms in a mile radius. Nick Scott is a known hated monopolist. If you go to college, you are probably either a science or communications major. If you once went to college, chances are you did drugs or drank every day, all day, for years, and still do. The millcreek mall and the dollar theater were the coolest places to hang growing up, and the penninsula was so awesome with its nasty infested water. If you ever want to see the most messed up city in all the world, come here. <i>Erie, PA received 10 feet of snow today and nothing closed down except the plowing companies. </i>
    The Booze Capital of the USA. I swear, turn in any direction and spit and you will hit a tavern or beer distributor. There is always a Roman Catholic Church across the street for a bar and a convenience store.
    The city council is know for blowing tax money on stupid-ass ideas, like the Bayfront Convention Center or the Maritime Museum. Also known for a lot of snow in the winter.
    <i>I feel like getting piss drunk on 25 cent drafts ... hey, let's go to Erie, Pennsylvania! </i>
    North Apollo, PA is insignificant and not on Urban Dictionary.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

These are pretty accurate!

Markham

The name of a suburban town just north of the city of Toronto, Canada. A really drab place where absolutely nothing happens, most of the people are ignorant, and bad drivers.

A boring ass town with nothing to do. North of Toronto, it's as boring as the time I watched Glitter on TV. Theres nothing to do. The closest thing to excitement is wasting your weekend to drop off your kids at a soccer game you know they won't win.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't find one for my town, but I found one for the college where all the rich baptist my-daddy-owns-a-megachurch bitches from out of town go.
    Mars Hill College 3 thumbs up
    Mars Hill College - A private college located in the blue ridge mountains of North Carolina. The small baptist college either brings in A) Athletes B) Weird baptists or C) Even weirder townies. The best parties at the college are found at the house of any athlete (lacrosse, baseball, or cross-country). The college is about 20 miles from the crunchy liberal town of Asheville where flocks of Mars Hill students can be found either boozing at bars or dancing to music at the Orange Peel.
    The Cross-Country team consistently wins conference titles, and the women's soccer team is consistently the greatest, and best looking "sorority" on campus. Student's at Mars Hill should never plan on having too much fun, or an inbred cop just may write you a citation for a law you never even realized you could break.
    Bitch don't be talkin about my townies.

Also, here's Asheville.

1. Asheville 63 up, 17 down
    The best city in Western North Carolina. It is totally different from any city in the South. Hippies and Rednecks come together to make this city what it is. It is also known as A-Ville or Ca$hville.
    Hey man want to go to the drum circle in downtown Asheville?

2. Asheville 53 up, 11 down
    The biggest city in Western North Carolina. Asheville is home to some of the most liberal people in the South. Despite having a reputation for poor drivers, homosexuals, and potheads, Asheville is a really cultured place. If you can look past the Biltmore House, Asheville has a lot of very cultural things to do that can change the way you think. A djimbe drum circle meets every Friday in downtown Asheville at Pritchard Park, until it gets too cold. Downtown Asheville is the best part of the city, with many locally owned shops and restaurants lining the streets. Local musicians are plentiful, regularly showcasing their talents to the passerby. Asheville has some of the most diverse music and musicians in the region. Tourists frequent the city for the beautiful scenery, the Biltmore House, and to experience the culture that is Asheville. I wouldn't want to live in Asheville for long, but it is worth spending some time there.
    Ever been to Asheville, Fred?
    No Jim. What is it like?
    It was cold and quaint, but the music was great!

3. Asheville 55 up, 99 down
    A place where homosexuals hang out.
    Asheville, NC is one of the largest homosexual capitals in the south.

4. Asheville 17 up, 78 down
    A redneck town in North Carolina with the education and culture of "Smallville".
    I'm sorry, sir, but you can't buy alcohol on Sunday mornings in Asheville.
    -Why not?
    Family val... I mean, state law.

Signature by rubah. I think.

My town is too small to exist on the Internet, so I did the closest thing that is in there:

Lafayette

Posibly the tiest city in Indiana. Filled with homophobic kids who are ignorant to everything except their small trailers, lack of money, and poor lives.

Wow, that guy is a total Douche. He must be from Lafayette