Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Urban Dictionary your town

apparently I live in the lamest city on earth.

Haha I like my name.

Genie
    1) To achieve enlightenment through the world's first and best vaporizing pipe, the Vaporgenie™.
    2)A healthier, smokeless, sneakier way of getting your daily dose of THC

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Athens, GA is a tiny college town in north eastern Georgia. Until the early 1980's the only thing it was known for was being the home of the University of Georgia and the Georgia Bulldog football team. That is until the B=52's played at a party on Milledge STreet across from the Taco Stand! Then all hell broke loose. Soon other bands like r.e.m., Pylon and love tractor (among others) decided to emerge and some of them even got famous. the rest got semi famous! R.e.m. is probably the most famous. r.e.m. are Rich too. Soon other musicians moved to Athens, clearly hoping there was something in the water to make them rich and famous rock stars too. People started to move to Athens in hopes of glimpsing, or better yet, becoming good friends with members of r.e.m. or at least sleeping with one of them which is, or was, apparently not too difficult to do. Athens is still known for a bustling music and art scene and all types of artistic expression are encouraged and supported. ARt openings are as widely attended as Frat parties, but by a completely different crowd thank goodness.. Frat and sorority members sometimes go to the bars and nightclubs where the artsy crowd goes.. but that is only to catch a glimpse of michael stipe hanging out at the bar - about which they are known to quickly text their friends...the Artsy crowd doesn't return the favor and never go to the frat bars... Athens is also home to Wuxtry records, one of the best examples of a dying breed of record store where you can still buy vinyl recordings and where the staff are all encyclopedia's of musical knowledge. The town is home to strange landmarks like The Tree That Owns Itself and The prince ave. Baptist church and a road called Nowhere Road...Athens is still a wonderful place to live and raise kids. Where, if you can find a job you can afford to live pretty well, among an intelligent liberal progressive and thinking community.
    Why did you move to Athens, GA? Why don't you move to where KISS lives?

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I did Long Island!

Long Island

Look- everyone that is dissing Long Island is making some good points. And some crappy ones.

I'm from Syosset, in Nassau. The people here tend to be snobby rich idiots who don't care about anything besides themselves, money, sex, and when the next time they'll get drunk or high is.

What you are WRONG about-

There is not a damn sane person on Long Island that thinks we are part of New York CITY. We are New Yorkers- because we live in New York STATE. Not because we live in the city. Can you call someone from Florida a Floridian? Yep. Then you can call someone from NY a New Yorker.

And all you people that say Long Island, OR New York City is ghetto needs to get a clue. Ghetto's are extreemly poor areas that were overpopulated to an extreeme because the Nazi's forced Jewish people into them. If you think that wearing baggy clothes, speaking inchoherintly and wearing a huge cross on your neck makes you Ghetto- you make me laugh.

Oh, and why do I not find myself a tourist when I go to the City? I'm there about every other weekend, usually for two days and I spend the night. Me and my friends laugh at all the idiots who walk on the wrong side of the sidewalk and stop to point up and go "woah.. look at the giant cup of noodles! Its acutally STEAMING!" We actually saw someone 3 days ago who was looking for the Rockefeller Christmas Tree in Times Square. That was quite amusing.
    Long island

Long Island consists of Nassau and Suffolk Counties, though the New York City counties of Queens and Brooklyn are also on the Island. Nassau County is the wealthiest county in New York State(not including New York County/Manhattan). It is also the 5th wealthiest county in the country. Suffolk County is known for the exclusive Hamptons beach enclaves, where many actors, actresses, NYC businessmen, etc. have summer estates. Long Island is home to the most expensive house in the United States. Long Island is part of the New York City metropolitan area(which also includes Westchester County in NY, a few northern New Jersey Counties, and Western Connecticut).

Long Island is known for its outstanding schools, many of which are nationally recognized. Long Island is known for its high quality of living, as well as being one of the most expensive places to live in the US. Fire Island National Seashore is also part of LI. Long Island is surrounded by beaches, and residents can enjoy Jones Beach, Long Beach, Point Lookout, Lido Beach, beaches in the Hamptons, Orient Point, etc. Long Island also has the lowest crime rate in the country.

North Shore communities are known for affluence, South Shore communities are known for beaches.

Long Islanders also generally have a distinct accent, usually associated with the New York City metro area.
    Oh you're from Long Island? You must be rich!

Oh you're from Long Island? Please say "Long Guy Land"!

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

All of the Philadelphia ones are disturbingly positive sounding. Not enough hate, in my opinion.

Philadelphia isn't just a city that lies between the shadows of New York and Washington, it is a city where the Eagles are the topic of dinner conversation year round. It is where a meal consists of a cheesesteak, Natty light, soft pretzels,
    and Tasty Kakes for dessert. It is where there is a Wawa on every corner, and you look forward to the 1st day of Spring when Rita's gives out free "wooder" ice. It is where you know it's a hoagie, not a sub and the shore, not the beach. Most importantly, where everyone is brothers and it is ok to say hello to someone you don't know if they are a birds fan. That is Philadelphia, the city of Brotherly Love... Outsiders will never understand

black people are people too

Home Town : Twentynine Palms

A place in the middle of nowhere California full of nothing but Marines, crackheads, Asians and desert rats (also known as 'Cougars,' 'Desert Yetis' and 'That ***** that gave me the clap.' Generally avoided by anyone that has any semblence of a life, and loathed by most that live there. Often subjected to high winds which will hopefully cover it in sand one day.

See also: 29 Palms

Person 1: "What the hell is that smell?"
    Person 2: "That's just Twentynine Palms."

Currently Home : Middlebury

A really small town in Vermont where there's only 7,000 people and it's the biggest town in the county. Where all the hippies trip on shrooms and all the rich college kids blow aderol. Once in a while a redneck get killed in a DUI, keeping the population in check.

I wanna buy some drugs, so let's go to Middlebury.
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I lol'ed the most at Tama's.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

oh sweet, they accepted my definition for russvegas!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I did my hometown.... nothing. So I did my college town... nothing... So I just did wyoming.... and well this explains my problem finding anything.

Possibly the most ignored unpopulated state in America.

Wyoming? Where the smurf is Wyoming?
    and then this one too

The state with the lowest population. Home to towering mountains and spacious plains. Populated pre-Columbus by the Shoshone, Crow, and Lakota Indians. Currently populated with cowboys, roughneck oilfield workers, Indians, and generally nice people who love the outdoors, and hate the way the rest of America lives. 90 percent of said population could probably kick your ass in half. By the by, not a favorite place for homosexuals (remember Matt Shepard?). Yes, everyone in Wyoming has a gun, and really wants to shoot something.

"I love living in Wyoming, its so beautiful and peaceful."
    "Dude, its smurfing empty, no one lives there!"
    "I know numb-nuts, that's what makes it nice."
    True dat and yea.... not friendly to the gays. Poor matt shepard

1. Milpitas

A small town that serves as a speed bump between Fremont and San Jose.
    A: Hey, what's the name of that tiny town in the middle of Fremont and San Jose?
    B: I think it's called Milpitas.
    A: Man, I hate how slow their local traffic is!

Where my brother moved to :
    Berkeley

A politically progressive California city of 110,000 across the Bay from San Francisco.

Home of the Free Speech Movement, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Green Day, Counting Crows, and the University of California (Go Bears!) a.k.a. "Cal".

The elements Berkelium (Bk), Californium (Cf), and Americium (Am), among others, were discovered at U.C. Berkeley.

The cradle of the anti-Vietnam war movement (which led to Goveror Ronald Regan tear-gassing his own citizens). Early opponents to the "Patriot Act" and the Iraq war.

First city to:
    -- divest (remove investments) from South Africa, accelerating the end of Apartheid.
    -- covert its entire diesel fleet to biodiesel fuel.
    -- enact a comprehensive smoking ban.
    -- voluntarily implement city-wide school busing.
    -- implement curb-side recycling.
    -- install curb cuts in sidewalks for wheelchairs and bicycles.
    -- prohibit the sale of ozone-destroying styrofoan fast-food cups and clam-shell containers.

Barbara Lee, the only U.S. Congressman to vote against giving Pretzeldent Bush the authority to attach Afghanistan and Iraq, represents Berkeley.

Home to the "How Berkeley Can You Be" parade each September.

"When something happens in Berkeley, it spreads."

-- Tom Bates

All in California baby.

7. Anderson

1. a popular sirname in the United States

2. a poor city in South Carolina

3. a decaying Rust Belt city in Indiana, 37 miles NE of Indianapolis
    Anderson of anything sucks

Well... I guess it's kinda decaying...

It was the only one there, anyway.
    Yo ho ho ho...!!

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Default lol

Neath

. Say no more, just .
    "I neathed my pants"

The most boring place in the world for the young, fabulous, and broke. For anyone who doesn't live here, I'm sure that Sarasota seems like a beautiful and wonderful place to vacation. But living here sucks. Basically, this is where rich, snotty old farts come to die. And irritate the hell out of the locals.
    On any given day, you can see the blond, rich, family of four that just moved here from Michigan, ruining the sunset on Siesta Key, to take a family portrait in their "Floridian" white shirts and khaki pants. Shopping is a hobby, because there is nothing else to do. And, the shopping malls, now owned by the Texas-based Westfield, are now overrun by bored-out-of-their-minds preteens with Daddy's credit cards in their hot little hands. Buisnesses that have thrived here for 30-plus years are being driven out by greedy speculators. Every other home is for sale, with no one buying them, because the real estate bubble burst. I guess millionares don't feel like purchasing a home on Siesta Key, where driving one block on Memorial Day weekend takes four hours, and you are more likely to have your homeowners insurance taken away than a dog getting fleas. Then, once you're done playing the "hunker-down" drinking game during the latest hurricane, you can go to Walmart for the sixth time this week. The best thing about Sarasota is that is easy to spot tourists. Tourists, if you're at the beach, are the ones who bring two giant coolers, a giant bag of sandcastle building tools, a huge umbrella or tent, and about ten bottles of suntan lotion. And they do this to be at the beach for an hour. Outside of Siesta, they're the ones yelling at waitresses, cashiers, and just about everyone else in the service industry. Then they drive 30 miles an hour on US-41, and call it Tamiami Trail, to go for ice cream on St. Armands circle. They take pictures of the "art" that blocks the view of Marina Jack, without realising that the boats anchored in the bay are inhabited by people whom are considered homeless. Sarasota is the most segregated county in all of Florida, and the city planners are trying desperately to push out anyone who doesn't make at least 100K a year. But then again, they are too busy designing parking lots that are only easily navigated by the secret service.
    Hell's waiting room.
    I should invest in a funeral home in Sarasota.
    lawl

and where I went to school for kicks:

A!
    Had the spaniards known that it would be this bad, they would have bgone bak to Spain.
    Boca raton= A bunch of people pretending to be stars and rich. Hey, I have news for them Alot of the wealthy people walking around don't need to brag and proselytize. They know they have money and therefore don't have to announce. Boca has a bunch of self entitled whining brats who grow up to be bimbos. Thank god they are concentrated in just this area- otherwise the it might be the end of Western civilization.
    Guy drives up to restaurant in a re porsche. Girl( with fake boobs, lips and louis vuitton) sees him and runs out to the parking lot. Wants to have a drink with him, Has a drink , goes back to this apartment and guess what- the porsche is a leased car and he lives in a tiny room. Classic boca raton living right there!
    the mouth of the rat, as coined by spaniard explorers. midsized, concrete and generally peach in color. lacking culture and proper allotment of wealth. featuring many homeless newspaper salesmen and many painfully wealthy and jaded retirees. has a kabballah center, and quite a lot of temples and churches, but no mosques. predominantly comprised of former northerners, usually new yorkers, and is one of the jewish capitals of the US. also a fair share of hispanics, i suppose. but pales in comparison to miami, of course. has many bakeries. located in southern florida near deerfield and del ray.
    You could just pass through Boca Raton, we're late anyway.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    All of the Philadelphia ones are disturbingly positive sounding. Not enough hate, in my opinion.

Philadelphia isn't just a city that lies between the shadows of New York and Washington, it is a city where the Eagles are the topic of dinner conversation year round. It is where a meal consists of a cheesesteak, Natty light, soft pretzels,
    and Tasty Kakes for dessert. It is where there is a Wawa on every corner, and you look forward to the 1st day of Spring when Rita's gives out free "wooder" ice. It is where you know it's a hoagie, not a sub and the shore, not the beach. Most importantly, where everyone is brothers and it is ok to say hello to someone you don't know if they are a birds fan. That is Philadelphia, the city of Brotherly Love... Outsiders will never understand

black people are people too
    Took 4 pages and 28 entries to find even a remotely negative entry.

Where there are more murders than days in the year. Where the people are as friendly as a pack of jackals. Where cultural illiteracy meets a love of guns and scrapple. Philadelphia is a beautiful town of 1.5 million people who are dying to get out, literally. This gorgeous town is surrounded by suburbs full of people who love Philadelphia so much they pretend it is the best place on earth to out of towners and secretly, never, ever go downtown. Philadelphia is the birthplace of freedom - and the place that middle schools obligatorily send students too to learn about a much less violent past such as the revolutionary war. Philadelphia has a rich inventive history, for instance Electricity (Benjamin Franklin) and murdering 14 year old bicyclists (Phil from the southwest- go gangstah! GO!). Ah Philadelphia - smell the cordite, hate, and future depravity! Philadelphia, "America's Next Great City"* (out of order since 1776).
    "Philadelphia, I love cheese steaks wit and double murder please"
    "Rocky says we're great... what do you mean Rocky isn't real?"
    "Recycling... who needs it"
    "Welcome to Philadelphia, can I interest you in an order of being shot to death?"
    "Philadelphia! America's Next Great City! Right after New York, Chicago, LA, San Franciso, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Oakland, Detroit, Houston, Oklahoma City, Lagos, Baghdad, Beijing, and Scotts base camp in the antarctic"
    "Sauron visited Holmesburg and shat his pants"

2. Croatia
    One of the best countries in the world.Great people, great music, great women, great cities, great beaches...great

-this pretty much covers it all...

1. Croatian sex

a variation on the missionary position. The naked, erect male roughly removes her underpants and lays her on the ground or bed; quickly with his hands he places the woman's legs over man's shoulders and mounts her without foreplay. This allows the deepest penetration of all. (The man is likely to find this very stimulating, and get some good orgasms, but he needs to be respectful and considerate of his partner's needs. She may just find vaginal thrusting too painful and stimulating, and need him to back off a little if he gets too excited.)

I had Croatian sex with Mary last night,it's a very satisfying position for both partners if they are flexible enough. This morning she complained with a smile that she was sore.

Fort Worth

Fort worth is the craziest dopest place in Texas, if u ain't from fort worth u ain't pimpin