Thread: Stuff to do before WoR

Chocobo Stuff to do before WoR

'Sup. I'm playing through FFVI again, never completed it but got to Kefka's tower. That was about 6 years ago, so I can't remember bugger all about the game aside from a few bits here and there!

Anyway, just finished Thamasa and the Floating Continent has appeared. I know the World of Ruin comes about after this section, so my question is, what side quests, secrets etc are only accessible in the World of Balance? I don't want to miss anything!

Thanks!
    Kappy

Blog Entries

Mog's Water Rondo Dance and dont forget to wait at the end of the floating continent before jumping off and wait for Shadow.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

Default hmm

you can try to get two espers @ the auction house.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'm pretty sure the espers don't show up at the AH until the World of Ruin, not before.

Golem and Zonaseeker are in AH already in WoB, there are different espers available in WoR.

Beat Intagir to get his rage and beastiary entry if you play GBA version.Also take Strago to Thamasa and talk to Gungho if you want prologue for Hidon guest. You donīt gain nothing from that, its only good for the story.

Golem and Zoneseek are the only Espers available in the auction house, and you can get them whenever you like. As soon as the auction house opens they will be up for auction, and they stay up for the rest of the game until you buy them.

If you're really a completionist, you may want to stop by the large forest to the west of the Veldt and fight around in there for a bit. You can encounter the Grenade enemy there(you may have seen it during the battle with the Flame Eater), and that is the only way to make it appear on the Veldt for its Rage.

- Fight Grenade in Phantom Forest (East of the Veldt)

- Buy Sraphim (Tzen), as well as ZoneSeek & Golem (Auction House)

- Clean out treasure at Imperial Base to the East of Albrook, if it was awarded to you

- Get Tintabar from wounded solider in Mobliz by sending letters & things to his girlfriend in Miranda.

- Fight Intangir (Northeastern-most Island) to make him available on Veldt, as well to get 10 magic points per battle, invaluable at this stage of the game.

- Make sure you get Mog and he learns Water Rondo by going on raft at Lete River or Serpent Trench.

- Get any treasure left behind in Vectaur, the cave West of Thamasa (if it has a name, it escapes me at the moment), Mt. Kolts (as useless as it is by this point in the game), as well as the Returners Hideout. Be sure to look hard for the chest containing a White Cape in the north room.

- Get Hero Ring from house you wake up in on Solitary Island (it's the house of the man who builds the Colosseum)

- Fight any enemies you may have missed to get them on the Veldt, if you're the kind of player who tries to get as many Rages as possible.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Good input Umaro_Smash, but this thread is a bit too old. The person who began it probably doesn't need the help now.