Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dinopark Tycoon (effffffyouuuuuuuuuu)

Default Dinopark Tycoon (effffffyouuuuuuuuuu)

Some of you may remember this game if you were lucky enough to have spent your formative years in the primary education system around the same time as myself. It's a pretty sweet game - and educational to boot. You get the chance to run a Dinopark and manage it by buying land, concessions, hiring employees, buying dinosaurs, making sure they have enough food and managing ticket prices and loans, etc. This couldn't have been extremely easy as a child - and recently I've gone back to this gem through some DOS emulation. IT IS HARD. Jesus. I can't ever seem to get past the first year without tanking somehow.

Do you remember this game? If so, was it not awesome? What about other old school games? (Odell Down Under, anyone?) Also, help me win Dinopark Tycoon!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The big game from my formative years that we played at school was Oregon Trail.
    Figaro Castle

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I remember really being into Rollercoaster Tycoon as a kid, and I've recently been trying to find and download Gizmos and Gadgets to play again, it was one of my favorite PC games as a kid. I also have recently downloaded SkiFree and Chip's Challenge, which I also played a lot.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Dinopark Tycoon?! They have a tycoon for everything don't they?!

As for me I have many fond memories of Transport Tycoon, Skifree, and some old adventure type game that I can't recall the name of. It was one of those annoying ones that had the 'password' to play hidden in the manual. I also remember some old mortocycle game and the old DOS Wing commander game.

Maybe I should fire up SimTheme Park I see the CD case sitting there right in front of the TV... though it hasn't been opened since the week after the day I got it(probably).

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Blog Entries

RollerCoaster Tycoon was the best.

I also remmeber when my pc was limited to Chips Challenge and Ski Free.

Ive played alot of old school games but not in my youth. Ive downloaded quite a few games in attempts to find games that I have forgotten the names of and have consequently found quite a few that I enjoy.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

You can't speak of Rollercoaster tycoon without the mandatory killing of visitors post!

Park visitors are awfully tough don't ya think?

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Dinopark Tycoon was awesome. So was Dr. Quandray's Island or whatever the smurf that was called.

Putt-putt was the best children's game ever though. Fo realz.

edit: And the Incredible Machine. And Chip's Challenge. And Jezzball. And Jazz Jackrabbit . . .

edit edit: Annnnnnnnd that Alphabet Quest game with the butterflies and the goo. Lemmings! Goblins I, II, III. Willy Beamish.

So many good old DOS games.

TIE Fighter, Scorched Earth, Wolfenstein 3D, and Golf to name a few...
    Love is patient, love is kind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    The big game from my formative years that we played at school was Oregon Trail.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by RedWiz View Post
    TIE Fighter, Scorched Earth, Wolfenstein 3D, and Golf to name a few...

I can't believe I forgot Scorched Earth! the amount of my life wasted on that game is probably best not remembered! Only Tycoon was worse!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

The game I played in school was this one where you were a green monster and you ate words and numbers and stuff. It was awesome.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Theme Hospital!

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Odell Down Under was a GREAT game. I loved being cleaner fish.

Also, Oregon Trail is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Theme Hospital!
    OMG JESUS CHRIST THIS. I remember.

Also, Theme Park World.

Jellyfish swim by.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Theme Hospital!
    Also, Theme Park World.
    Is that the one that was called Sim Theme Park in the united states? If so it is a fun enough game. I do enjoy the Tycoon series more though. Chris Sawyer makes many good games!

As for games in school... I remember playing this one game in 6th grade. It was real addictive. Everyone wanted to stay in and play it(even during recess and before and after class... the teacher ended up kicking everyone out!). It was a mac game(heh, the elementary only had macs at that time). Some kinda dinosaur game. Can't remember the name. And in fifth grade I remember having to load games for people during rainy days all the time(apparently I was the only one who knew how to properly use one of the old disc based operating macs). Stuff like Carmen Sandiego, etc.