Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why FFIX is the best!!

FFIX's plot is much more similar to FFIV's plot than it is to FFVII's. I don't really feel like outlining all the similarities, but it was crafted as a conscious homage to earlier titles in the series anyway so the similarities are at least intentional in FFIX's case.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Quote Originally Posted by dragoon1028 View Post
    Finally it has the greatest storyline of all the final fantasies, it brings back the classic 4 crystal collecting, tied into a much more intricate storyline with twists and turns that no other game can match even to this day.
    Like Chrono Trigger, the game somehow puts in almost every RPG cliche and the story still turns out amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Steiner and Barret for example share the exact same mannerisms
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    The most uptight character in the series since perhaps Cyan is the same as the most obvious ghetto black stereotype since Mr. T? Dude, just cause they're both big doesn't mean... oh my God, this is so stupid, I can't believe I have to point out how dumb this is. XD

?

[quote=The Turk;2635142]
    I didn't care for the story. Some people want an VII remake, but they already got one- FF IX. The plot is too similar to VII's imo.
    um how is the plot similiar. In all FF games you need to save the world and yada yada but each game has its differences though. FFIX is my favorite one in the series with VI being second but i really don't see the similiarities between 7 and 9.

lol @ the VI-VII plot being the same. So true. I think VII and IX can be compared too. The game begins with a cocky hero Cloud/Zidane who teams up with a group of rouges called Avalanche/Tantalus who are out to defeat the evil Shinra/Queen.
    Tantalus just wanted to kidnap the princess... not kill the queen or destroy the kingdom. Avalanche did want to destroys shrina though.

Steiner and Barret for example share the exact same mannerisms.
    I dont want to be mean but what the hell are you talking about. do you know what mannerisms mean. I guess they are both big...

Just about EVERY Final Fantasy is a retelling of the last one.

Which is why we love them. x3

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfen View Post
    Just about EVERY Final Fantasy is a retelling of the last one.
    This.

All FFs have similarities. The only difference, is that FFIX was more honest about it than the others(and it had more similarities to previous games than the other FFs).
    FFVII's plot can be compared with FFVI's, but FFVI's plot can be compared with FFII's, and so on. They all have things in common.

However, what is really impressive about FFIX's plot IMO, is that it have all the GOOD elements of previous games, and no bad ones. They were able to pick all the qualities of previous FFs and create an even better game.

Not to mention that I LOVE the world and it's atmosfere. It really gives a feel of fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk
    Sephiroth falls into the same trap Kuja does really. I know he has so many fan-boys that think he's cool because he has a giant sword and wears black but he's not a bad guy at all. He always seemed more confused than evil.
    *sigh*

Why the fangirls insist in making him a victim?

Look, Sephiroth knows what Jenova really is, and what she did in the past. He learned the truth in the Lifestream, and you know what? He doesn't care.
    He still want to take over the planet and use it to travel the universe and crash in another planet to destroy it(rise and repeat), because he thinks himself better and superior than everyone else.

After dying at Nibelheim, there is nothing good or "confused" about Sephiroth anymore. He is just a bastard who want to follow the path of destruction left by his mother. The same mother who had her head decapitated by him, and her headless body being used as a mere puppet to fulfill his ambitions.

Sephiroth is not a victim, okay? Nomura himself said so.
    Last edited by The Crystal; 02-23-2009 at 06:36 AM.

Question: Do you know why Kefka succeeded in destroying the planet?

Answer: Because the planet didn't fight back.

FFIX is my fourth favorite FF, behind VI, VII, and X.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Ah another follower of my FFIX cult. It is indeed the best in the series.

It has the best cast of characters out of any FF which comes with variety and consistency. It has the most touching story and the best music out of the series. Chocobos were the best here too and made them more rewarding in side quests. It's beautiful infinite.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually like that Kuja has a deep and meaningful background. Yes it makes him likable but it doesn't really change the fact that he is an evil and arrogant asshole. His motive is still for self gain and he had to plunge the entire world into chaos to do it. Kuja is much like Xande from FFIII in that respect, I feel his only real connection to someone like Sephiroth is the hair and the fact he's a biological experiment gone wrong. His Nihilism and arrogance is Kefka and Ex-Death, and his ability to manipulate everyone and constantly one up your party in every encounter is pure Golbez. Its why I consider Kuja to be the ultimate villain in the FF series.

For me, IX is pretty much the quintessential Final Fantasy, if you really want to know what the series is all about then IX is the best introduction cause it encompass all that is good in FF. I have a few hang ups with the title but none were real game breakers for me. I can't hate a title that gave me Vivi who still ranks as one of my favorite FF characters of all time. It has wonderful gameplay, excellent pacing, a wonderful cast, an amazing story, beautiful music and one of the best world designs to come out of the PS1 generation.

I would rank IX as the best Final Fantasy in the series, though its not my favorite title I do recognize it as having the most appealing aspects and the least amount of flaws in the series.

Mwahahaha

I can see where The Turk is coming from. VII and IX are quite similar on the surface but with the details changed (wouldnt really be any point in playing both games otherwise).

All FF are Good But FFVII is going to be the best forever think about it they havent made a movie or any other games for FFIX but they did for FFVII so in essence FFVII all Day sorry there is only one good thing that came out of FFIX VIVI that is all
    "Stay Your Hand The Girls Life Is Now Mine"

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Biukin View Post
    All FF are Good But FFVII is going to be the best forever think about it they havent made a movie or any other games for FFIX but they did for FFVII so in essence FFVII all Day sorry there is only one good thing that came out of FFIX VIVI that is all
    Pfffff hahahahahaha~

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Pfffff hahahahahaha~
    Pfffff hahahahahaha~

Just because VII had more games and movies come off from it doesn't mean anything. One of the reasons IX didn't is because there was really no necessary story left to be told. VII's ending seemed like it could be left for more.

IX had wayyyyyyyyy more going for it other than Vivi.