Thread: Why FFIX is the best!!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I rank IX above VII. VII is really only as high because of the nostalgia effect; it was the first game I actually remember playing.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have always, and most likely will always, agree with everything Del says on this game. It has also become apparent that I disagree with The Turk entirely. Sorry man.

Except on the view that 7 is awesome. 6 is on my list, but I imagine I'll probably agree there as well.

All Final Fantasy games suck. I'm gonna go play Ultima II on my Commodore 64.

Pfffff hahahahahaha~

Just because VII had more games and movies come off from it doesn't mean anything. One of the reasons IX didn't is because there was really no necessary story left to be told. VII's ending seemed like it could be left for more.

IX had wayyyyyyyyy more going for it other than Vivi.
    really like what the Knight was the biggest pussy ive ever seen Vivi was the only one with an interesting story to him Dagger was a princess that thought her mom was trying to take over the world so what i would have been like do it ma also the Lancer which is my favorite job in almost every FF Game was a smurfing Rat wtf is that about that is why i dont like it think about it FFVII's Dragoon was sick Cid a Badass mutha smurfa
    "Stay Your Hand The Girls Life Is Now Mine"

Um...okay...

So yeah IX was the best Final Fantasy game. Had the best cast of antagonists and I'd say first or second best soundtrack.

sorry but it is all about ratings FFVII 2nd Best Game in 97 (Behind Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and what did FFIX get in 2000 hm yeah that is right 6th facts suck expecially when they are right my argument is finally over
    "Stay Your Hand The Girls Life Is Now Mine"

its all about the steiner
    and kuja
    and beatrix
    but mostly steiner

Beatrix was the only thing good IX had going for it, i still don't get how people love this game so much especialy Steiner, worst char ever... sure it's a good game but not on par with it's predacessors or sucessors, after all it was just a tribute game to prior FFs... good game, yes, best game, no...
    anyway Biukin, i don't care for IX either but best in this case is actualy subjective, no it's not all about ratings it's about personal opinion, if the question was "best rated" then you would have an argument but it is not, so no, your argument is flawed in this regard, in a question about rating you would be well right but not this time, this is a question of opinion...

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Biukin View Post
    sorry but it is all about ratings FFVII 2nd Best Game in 97 (Behind Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and what did FFIX get in 2000 hm yeah that is right 6th facts suck expecially when they are right my argument is finally over
    FFVII also has the highest amount of annoying fanboys too. How's that for statistics?

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Too much IX hate and VII fanboyism in a threat proclaiming love for IX. Anyway, we all know Mystic Quest is the best.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Pfffff hahahahahaha~

Just because VII had more games and movies come off from it doesn't mean anything. One of the reasons IX didn't is because there was really no necessary story left to be told. VII's ending seemed like it could be left for more.

IX had wayyyyyyyyy more going for it other than Vivi.
    really like what the Knight was the biggest pussy ive ever seen Vivi was the only one with an interesting story to him Dagger was a princess that thought her mom was trying to take over the world so what i would have been like do it ma also the Lancer which is my favorite job in almost every FF Game was a smurfing Rat wtf is that about that is why i dont like it think about it FFVII's Dragoon was sick Cid a Badass mutha smurfa
    I don't see how any of the characters were cowards considering all the trouble and chaos they went through and none of them ran way from it like a normal person or a coward would and freya is the embodiment of all FF female warriors right behind destroy a hundred soldiers single-handedly-Beatrix.

Originally Posted by Biukin ^
    Quote Originally Posted by Momji
    FFVII also has the highest amount of annoying fanboys too. How's that for statistics?
    She's right about that and most of those fanboys also post some of the most unreadable, chopped up, and invalid posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elly
    Beatrix was the only thing good IX had going for it, i still don't get how people love this game so much especialy Steiner, worst char ever... sure it's a good game but not on par with it's predacessors or sucessors, after all it was just a tribute game to prior FFs... good game, yes, best game, no...
    I disperse that. Steiner is another character that I love. Yes, he is cliched, that's one of the reasons I like him, but it's far more than that. He's strong, a man of his word, and a loyal comrade. He's pretty useful in combat as well. The game is not just a homeage to its ancestors. Even creator Hironobu Sakaguchi said that the game represents everything that Final Fantasy is about. I didn't play the other games before this one so those references didn't mean anythingto me at the time.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Subjective opinion is FACT.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon
    Quote Originally Posted by Momiji
    She's right about that and most of those fanboys also post some of the most unreadable, chopped up, and invalid posts.
    A simple profile check would let you know that I am, in fact, not a she.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Damnit, Momiji! Think of the fun we could've had with that!

Momiji is a not-she!?:Eek: