Thread: genji armor in DoS

Default genji armor in DoS

I've been using this FAQ to gather rare items in the bonus dungeons:

GameFAQs: Final Fantasy (GBA) Soul of Chaos Guide by TFergusson

But I still cannot get the combination needed to get the Genji armor. Has anyone else succeeded in getting it in this fashion? Also, I've noticed frustrating patterns in what orders it deals me, like I keep getting Mysidia-->Dwarfen Colony like 3 times already, but I never get Mysidia-->Waterfall Rooms, which is what leads to the Genji Armor. Similarly, I get Earth Tunnels-->Lost Souls several times and I never get Earth Tunnels-->Rooms of Ice, which also leads to the Genji Armor.

So, should I just keep resetting until I get it? Or is there a way to get the map I want? Like, does the random generator use your in game clock or something? I am aware that the War Machine drops Genji Armor, but that seems to be an even more painful method, even with my levels maxed out.

On a related note, no one has the Angel's Ring, correct?

By the way, I just got Mysidia-->Dwarfen Colony again. This is getting very annoying!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I've run into similar problems in the past. When I came across this guide I said, "Hell yes, now I'm going to get all of the awesome items in the game!" but I ended up never obtaining the proper floor combinations, just like you're talking about. I finally had enough and haven't played it since. xD
    Figaro Castle

I posted the exact same question on gamefaqs, and someone suggested I leave and re-enter to get a new pool of permutations, but that hasn't worked for me. I still get Mysidia-->Dwarfen Colony and Earth Tunnels-->Lost Souls way more than 1/128 times. I'm going to try to exit and re-enter every time I load instead of doing it once and saving my game and loading repeatedly.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'm afraid to ask, but are you trying for four suits of Genji Armor?
    Figaro Castle

No, I was going to stop at 1. My party is Kn-Rw-Ww-Bw, so 4 Genji Armors wouldn't do much good, thank god lol