Thread: Whedon's Dollhouse

Default Whedon's Dollhouse

So Dollhouse premiered today. With Dollhouse at 9PM and BSG at 10PM (ET) it's a good thing I fall into the stereotype of a geek not having anything better to do on a Friday night.

That being said, I hope the show lives up to its potential.

It wasn't bad tonight, but it wasn't A+ amazing either. I suppose Whedon's shows always tend to pick up a little when the characters start to develop, but I felt the show tonight was kind of generic.

Didn't mind seeing me some Helo though. Or the Edward James Olmos shoutout.

So who else is watching?

Saw it! and i agree wasnt bad at all but it wasnt spectacular, if anything though Joss showed us that Eliza Dushku is fiiiine!...but atleast it set out the ground work for the season to come!

Heres hoping Whedon gets a chance to tell his story this time around lol!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Banned

I wanna start watching this. What channel?

It is on Fox.

I honestly thought it started out fine. Most of Whedon's shows, with the exception of Firefly, didn't really have strong openings. It is all about setting the ground and explaining what exactly is going on and how things work, introducing the characters and how they function or what they believe in. He did it pretty well but I still wouldn't be all that surprised if Fox canceled it midway through the first season. It is a very out there show.

I thought it was pretty good. Hardly the best thing he's done, but it was laying down a foundation for future episodes. He'll get into a big story arc and deeper characters we can't help but love as time goes on, I'm sure. Heck, I love Angel and all, but the first episode was not that great. In fact, the first season sucks compared to what happened later on.

It was still better than a lot of shows on television.

Blog Entries

I'll probably stream this later, as we probably won't get it for years.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eliza Dushku ruined it for me. She's one of those actresses where you can tell she's acting. You never really quite believe she's the character. All you ever see is Eliza Dusku being a negotiator, Eliza Dushku being a slayer, Eliza Dushku being an emo cheerleader.

I honestly believe that if a more talented actress was playing the part of Echo, it would be a much MUCH stronger show.

I seriously wanted to smack her every time she had that fake "dazed dreamy" look on her face.

Blog Entries

It was a bit all over the place, but I guess that's because it was the first episode and they wanted to get as many characters introduced as possible. I hope it gets better as it goes along.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Could have been tightened up, leave out Paul until the next episode, and as Miriel says had someone more suited to the role in the role.

However, it was better than I expected and I will stick with it and see where it goes.

I forgot this was coming out, I'll have to start Tivoing it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought it was just ok. Dushku sucks. I'll give it a chance because I have Tivo and can just watch it when I want.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

i didn't know that it was going to be on friday cuz ive pretty much stopped watching fox.

i'll have to find a stream of it later

the premise sounded interesting but now that i know eliza's in there its loosing some points
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Haven't seen it, but I'm dying to since I'm a big fan of Joss Whedon and pretty much everything he's ever made.

Also, I like Eliza Dushku as an actress. For obvious reasons I have no idea if she did a good job on this one.

I found this and this interesting:

Whedon's Dollhouse Bombs On TV, But A Hit On iTunes, Hulu (AAPL, NWS)

Why Being A Hit On Hulu And iTunes Won't Save "Dollhouse"

Dollhouse will probably do better in DVD sales than ratings, like Firefly. Hopefully Fox takes into consideration they aired it on Friday at 9:00 after a show that has vastly decreased ratings from season 1 to 2 (although still above 5 million).

Hmm.

It's amusing that most trades can't agree if Dollhouse's ratings were merely decent and might have a small shot of survival or if it tanked altogether and will be canceled shortly, while Fox refers to Dollhouse in this weeks promos as a hit.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain