Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Character?

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

In terms of story, my favourites are Celes, Kefka and Leo. I thought Celes was a really interesting character as you watch how she attempts to deal with her change in allegiance and her blossoming romance with Locke is rather cute too. Kefka is brilliant each and every time he is on the screen. Leo was someone who I wished had been more involved as I felt he gave a humane and decent face to the Empire and I would like to have seen more of his conflict with his beliefs and the machinations of Kefka and Gestahl.

In terms of battle, I actually quite using Gogo and Edgar.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Fav Main Hero male: Locke
    Fav Main Hero female: Celes
    Overall Fav CHARA: Kefka

I'd say Locke, but man... this has some of my favorites in the whole series. Edgar, Shadow, Setzer, Terra, Celes... and of course, Kefka

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    I'd say Locke, but man... this has some of my favorites in the whole series. Edgar, Shadow, Setzer, Terra, Celes... and of course, Kefka
    That's why I just split mine up.

Kefka's always number one, so I give the other's a chance by making favorite categories!

1. Celes (She is one hell of a character, one of my fave ff females)
    2. Setzer (his story with Daryll was sad, and he was cool)
    3. Gogo (for the mystery)
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

In terms of gameplay, I would say Sabin and Setzer. They were always in my party when I played lol

In terms of story, I would say Shadow. I really like his background story.

Locke. I can relato him personality wise, I like his story. I remember first seeing him and grey hair made me think he was some old man but after playing a while he was already awesome but when I got to his scenario and Kohlingen he really became my favorite.

Other favorites include Celes,Terra,Edgar,Setser, Gau, Shadow and Kefka. Well all the other playables are pretty awesome too. FFVI is just too awesome.

From a story standpoint, Gogo is my favorite character in FFVI.
    Save The Goblins.

Locke followed by Sabin.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

As of right now it would probably be Celes and Cyan. I've just gotten Mog and Umaro, who I don't see much for they just came along out of nowhere. Really no character background whatsoever. I think the developers focused too much on putting in as many playable characters as possible and that ended up hurting a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    As of right now it would probably be Celes and Cyan. I've just gotten Mog and Umaro, who I don't see much for they just came along out of nowhere. Really no character background whatsoever. I think the developers focused too much on putting in as many playable characters as possible and that ended up hurting a lot of them.
    Well Mog has some depth since one of those Moogles who help you is actually his girlfriend and that "no encounter"-relic is her relic. Mog could have been also angsty about all his species dying but Cyan´s friends and family were murdered too and Red XIII in next game is angsty about being last of his kind.

Umaro, what do you want from him? He is just beast with childlike mind. He doesn´t have to be some lost prince from outer space whose planet was killed by Kefka and he is on eart trying to stop him but he has amnesia since his ship crashed.

I'd say my favorite character is Sabin because hes so strong in battle. But you're right, Locke is a great character in the story
    so locke is my fav character and sabin will be my best fighter, locke sucks in battle
    7 ATE 9

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    Terra.
    Yes.

I also like Shadow because I like characters with mysterious back stories that are later revealed.

The stock "badass" characters always get me hot and bothered, so I'll have to go with Shadow. Setzer, however, comes in a very close second.

Also, love Zeigfried.

And-

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfen View Post
    It's a tie between Biggs and Wedge from the intro.
    Most tragic death in the game.

I liked the ghost alot

On a more serious note, I obviously think Edgar is the best character in the game. A castle that submerges AND travel to another CONTINENT?! :Eek: