Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Character?

Blog Entries

Default Favorite Character?

I'm surprised no one has made one of these already...
    So, topic says it all. Locke would probably be my favorite, due to the fact that he's so courageous and sweet that it's hard not to love him. ^_^
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

From a story standpoint, Cyan's my favorite. From a gameplay standpoint, Locke's my favorite.
    Figaro Castle

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Terra. Everything standpoint.

Blog Entries

Default heres my say

I'll go with edgar. Mainly because he was one of the characters that never left the main party. So I gained more of a Role play with him.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

There can only be one and he goes by the name of Shadow

I'd have to say Terra. I always have her be the one to obtain X-magic.

She also has a cool story of her own.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    From a story standpoint, Cyan's my favorite. From a gameplay standpoint, Locke's my favorite.
    This

Though I use to be a big fan of Setzer too.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

This is by far the toughest of the series when it comes to me naming my favorite.
    Battle: Edgar's Tools are the most useful attacking skill in the game.
    Story: Shadow's mysterious past or Terra's struggle to understand herself..
    Personal Fav. : Gotta go with the Lady's man Locke.
    The Dude Abides...

Am I the only one who seems to like Celes? After her, it'd be Shadow, then Kefka. Nobody mentioned him, either. .

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Mog n.n

Battle: Celes is my favorite spell caster followed by Strago and Relm. For the warriors I like Sabin and Cyan best. For the others Setzer and Shadow are my other top picks for being able to throw things and Setzer's slot machine. Granted Edgar's tools are indeed more useful, but I just like using Shadow's and Setzer's abilities more.

Story: Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, Cyan, and Setzer - I just like their stories the best and it's hard to choose a favorite because every time I play through it I get focused on a different one.

Personal Favorite Overall:Right now it's Celes. It might change on my next play through, but for now it's Celes. She's my favorite spell caster, and I like her story.

It's a tie between Biggs and Wedge from the intro.

Battle: I love Sabin, but then again I've always been a fan of martial arts type characters that kick ass. I'm not really favouring any magic users simply for the fact that anybody can be made to be an extraordinarily powerful magic caster [I made Gau my highest physical damage-dealer as well as being able to do 9999 with every major spell in the book].

Character Design: Gau looked awesome, and I have a thing for young, tough, wild dudes in hides [even though he's only 16 or something like that...].

Story: I think it's between Terra and Celes. I love them both, and I have a very strong appreciation for females that aren't helpless damsels in distress, especially in the situations they're presented with which probably cause them a great deal of emotional and mental stress [and yes, I'm aware that several of these characters go through that]. Even though Celes hit a breaking point, her character is quite strong given her history, as Terra's is for hers respectively.

Jesus, I don't know if I can choose :Eek:

Personality: Edgar. I'm a sucker for the flirts Besides, I've written a lot of fanfiction about Edgar and I've managed to capture his more emotional and tormented side, which is usualy a hard thing to do with some male characters. Plus, he's kinda good lookin' in the cutscenes Regardless, I love 'im
    Sabin. I have no idea why, but Sabin's always appealed to me as a big cuddley guy who's laid back and just a sweetie. I know what yer'a thinkin, Big strong 6'3 Sabin being portrayed as cute, but that's just my view of him. Maybe because I read a lot of fanfiction about him? Or write it, anyway Sabin x Terra for the win!
    Gau. I've always had a soft spot for poor little Gau, ever since I saw his story when his father abandoned him thinking he was a demon because his mother died giving birth to him. In some ways it reminds me of Mary Shelly's Frankenstein? Anyway, i love how he acts around Sabin, like he's a big brother to him
    Shadow. What can I say? Shadow is just awesome. Ninjas own
    Terra. She is, admitedly, a little bit bland, but she's kind at heart and aparently good with children. Besides, I don't like Celes or Realm, so I guess Terra's my favourite female by default.

Battle: Sabin. The Blitz technique is really brilliant, it's pretty versatile too. Take Edgar's ability for example, Tool. I can't remeber exactly, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think Edgar could only attack or induce status change, whereas Sabin's Blitz could heal, attack and I think he could induce status change too. even if not, Sabin is still my favy for battle.
    Edgar, again. I love his Tool ability, but I don't like it as much as Blitz. His Auto-Crossbow move is extremely useful in the first part of the game, and his Cainsaw move is just class
    Terra. Her magic is so useful and powerful throughout the game, not to mention when she turns in to an Esper she can kick some major backside.
    Locke. I've never really liked Locke, in the first part of the game I swore by Terra x Locke, but then Celes comes in to the picture and breaks poor Terra's heart I dunno if anyone's noticed but I'm quite fond of pairings Anyway, I liked Locke in battle in the first part of the game, since his Steal ability is very useful in the first part of the game, especially when you don't have much money and don't want to bust your money on potions and inns.

Story: Edgar and Sabin's has got to be my absolute favourite. It's so adorable, how Edgar used the double headed coin to spare his brother the burden of the throne, how they're re-united - ugh, I just love it!
    Shadow. Shadow's story comes in as a very close second to the brothers. It's so sad, and I always feel sorry for him whenever I'm reminded of his story. Poor Clyde Interceptor's cute though
    Gau. As I said before, ever so sad Terra. I find her character very bold and courageous, I really like how she's virtually the main character of the game too. I know there is a bit of argument about that, but I love how she's one of the first main female roles in Final Fantasy.

That's about it ! *laughs*

Quote Originally Posted by Arishia View Post
    Am I the only one who seems to like Celes? After her, it'd be Shadow, then Kefka. Nobody mentioned him, either. .
    Your not the only time Celes is one of my all time faveorite game characters and my faveorite ff character from any game