Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Character?

my favorite...Umaro.
    :vivi:
    - - -

Ūmaro...ウーマロウ
    "A yeti with a love for bone carvings. Stronger than a gigas... but a bit unruly."

Ultros because he's so funny I lol'ed when I saw the Royal Octopus line

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

My favorite character in the game was Celes from a gameplay standpoint and a storyline standpoint. I enjoyed the first parts of the World of Ruin that deal with her finding out what happened to all of her friends before the dialogue becomes generic and cheapened, a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalin View Post
    Character Design: Gau looked awesome, and I have a thing for young, tough, wild dudes in hides [even though he's only 16 or something like that...].
    I realize that this is an old post. No one in the thread mentioned that Gau is actually only 13 years old.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I realize that this is an old post. No one in the thread mentioned that Gau is actually only 13 years old.
    Well despite what his real age might be, he's 15~ish as far as I'm concerned. At least from what I remember, the concept art for him makes him look about that age, and he just doesn't strike me as a kid who's 13 in any regard given his circumstances. Relm definitely looks like she's 13 though.

Sabin is probably my favourite character, I just find it easy to relate to someone who wants to run away from a large amount of responsibility that's been dumped onto his shoulders.

Celes and Terra come in joint second, both have tragic and intriguing back stories, like pretty much the entire cast, but I feel there's were the best explored. I'm also a bit of a sucker for Red Mages...
    "How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist..."

If you get a chance please join the W_S project, it's only a small forum so needs all the members it can get!
    z6.invisionfree.com/the_W_S_Project/index.php?

Quote Originally Posted by Unstoppable Pig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    As of right now it would probably be Celes and Cyan. I've just gotten Mog and Umaro, who I don't see much for they just came along out of nowhere. Really no character background whatsoever. I think the developers focused too much on putting in as many playable characters as possible and that ended up hurting a lot of them.
    Well Mog has some depth since one of those Moogles who help you is actually his girlfriend and that "no encounter"-relic is her relic. Mog could have been also angsty about all his species dying but Cyan´s friends and family were murdered too and Red XIII in next game is angsty about being last of his kind.

Umaro, what do you want from him? He is just beast with childlike mind. He doesn´t have to be some lost prince from outer space whose planet was killed by Kefka and he is on eart trying to stop him but he has amnesia since his ship crashed.
    That's one of the reasons MY FAVORITE FFVI character is Umaro. He doesn't need some sort of background in order to be the bad ass yeti that he is (Backgrounds are cool, i'm just sayin'..) I actually find some deepness in him for personal reasons Aside My uncle being a sasquatch hunter. Umaro reminds me of a part of myself. and other stuff i don't feel like explaining .... -plays chrono cross-...My girlfriends favorites are Celes and Mog.
    :vivi:
    - - -

Ūmaro...ウーマロウ
    "A yeti with a love for bone carvings. Stronger than a gigas... but a bit unruly."

Formerly Terra. I understand the game too well to have one. I'm at that point where I don't need one if that means anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Tough call, but thinking back to when I played my favorite characters to use were always Sabin and Mog.
    Story wise though I'm not sure, most of them have pretty good ones.
    Terra is obviously the one who the whole tale pivots around but I never really liked her for some reason. Locke, since he's there from the start as well. Setzer always cheers me up tho...

bah
    too hard

Articles
    Blog Entries

Battle Wise, my favorites are locke and Sabin. Sabin's bum rush is my most frequently use move in the game, and when equiped with a special rune (the Genji Glove I think), Locke can steal twice in rapid succesion, and with the theif's glove equipped, it was useful in early boss fights (attack twice and a high chance of stealing an item, I'm game). Also, Celes' runic is really useful, and I switch between Terra, Edgar, and Shadow as my fav fourth party member.

Story wise; Both Locke and Shadow's stories of redeemption really got to me, but Celes always choked me up.
    Returners Represent!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Kefka cause of his laugh and his sexy body at the end of the game.

Hmm this is quite the choice. I would have to overall pick Sabin. I've always liked how he acted in game and I liked his overall fighting style back when I was a youngin.

i would have to say gau would be my favorite because his leap skill i like using to build him up skill wise and also his storyline is that bad and very amusing. but terra and celes they both are tops as far as using magic.

Shadow FTW!

Even thought I like other characters too... I have a special love for Setzer and Relm... And Kefka is a god! :B
    Kuja, Please, Rest In Peace...
    Dissidia Killed You
    Yeah... the whole game...

Blog Entries

For me it's a mix between Mog and Gogo.
    I guess I just like unimportant characters most.

My fave here? hmm.. It's Terra.. next to Celes

Things to do:
    1. Find a Photoshop(mine has problems @startup dunno why)
    2. Practice some photoshop skills
    3. Make some signatures, banners, etc and share them..