Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Square offer to buy Eidos.

Blog Entries

Default Square offer to buy Eidos.

You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Blog Entries

a guess looking to "broadin their horizons" but dosent edios make like tomb raider and hit man games, stuff of that type. That dosent really seem like thats up square's alley

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Square's been looking to publish more western-friendly titles recently, e.g. publishing Supreme Commander 2, the announcement that FFXIII would come out on the 360 in the west, etc., so it's not terribly surprising. Though really I don't see it doing much for them unless Eidos' studios either put out a great new IP or really do something innovative with their current ones. They did a decent revamp of Tomb Raider but people are showing that they just don't care about Lara Croft that much anymore. Kane and Lynch was a bomb. They have some other fantastic IPs but they just don't really seem to want to work with them anymore - Hitman, Thief, etc.

I dunno, I don't see it being that great of a deal for Square. They get to push some new games through this, but not really anything I'd expect to sell particularly well.

The best game Eidos made was Gex. I really hope they don't do this. They have turned out lower quality products after they merged with Enix and I have every reason to believe their products will become even more Shoddy if they buy out Eidos.

FFXII excluded, of course.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine View Post
    The best game Eidos made was Gex.
    Wrong.

Anyway, I look forward to Square buying them and kick starting the Kain series again with Nomura as the character designer and a wonderful array of belts cloaking Kain's undead form.

Blog Entries

Both wrong. Crystal Dynamics made both. Eidos just published them.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
    Crystal Dynamics is a development team wholly owned by Eidos. Therefore our points stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Crystal Dynamics is a development team wholly owned by Eidos. Therefore our points stand.
    Actually, Balzac's right, Crystal Dynamics was only bought by Eidos after the first of the Gex and Legacy of Kain series were already on the market.

Blog Entries

My Mistake, but I thought Gex was made before the aquisition, I wasn't sure the the release date of Soul Reaver.

Edit: Lol, thanks Chaos Is the Key.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Still, Legacy of Kain is the best IP Eidos has. Shame I wouldn't trust Square to do anything good with it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Still, Legacy of Kain is the best IP Eidos has. Shame I wouldn't trust Square to do anything good with it.
    Imagine Konami buying them and letting Kojima head a new Kain title. It would be more convulated than it already is now.

Seriously, why does it seem SE only wants to buy bad companies, beyond the fact that bad companies are cheaper... :meh:

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Timesplitters, Timesplitters 2 and Warzone 2100 are all fantastic games. I'd agree that Eidos don't stick around for long enough with their better stuff for that reason. Having said all that, it won't hurt SE to tap Eidos' portion of the gaming market. Would this be another name change, though? Will we see SEE soon?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Eidos makes mediocre games for the most part, so this could make them or break them completely.

But seriously, who wants a Final Fantasy Lara Croft? I don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Eidos makes mediocre games for the most part, so this could make them or break them completely.

Well there's always that option of you know, not buying it if they do happen to release one.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post

Well there's always that option of you know, not buying it if they do happen to release one.
    That's precisely what I said, so don't treat me like an idiot because of it.