Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tips :D?

OK. The figaro cave and narshe mines are the first that come to mind with the chest upgrades. especially the rune edge west of the moogle cave, that turns into a ribbon. And because of a glitch in the game any evade bonus means nothing. Also Magic evade % will count towards towards both evade and M. evade... So relics like the beads(20% evade)are useless where whitecapes and things that increase M. Evade are great.
    The Dude Abides...

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Kain ~
    OK. The figaro cave and narshe mines are the first that come to mind with the chest upgrades. especially the rune edge west of the moogle cave, that turns into a ribbon. And because of a glitch in the game any evade bonus means nothing. Also Magic evade % will count towards towards both evade and M. evade... So relics like the beads(20% evade)are useless where whitecapes and things that increase M. Evade are great.
    That's true for SNES/PS1, but this has since been fixed in the GBA version.

Blog Entries

Default I have to start a new game cause I erased my old.

If you can try to say on a low level for when you have proper Espers. I say this cause Espers help your stats at level up, so Behamut levels up HP 50% or something like that. Lower level = more stats when you are sure what you want to level up.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Levelling up HP is worthless, since there's almost nothing that does the full 9,999 damage anyway, and levelling up MP is almost equally worthless since Osmose is so powerful in this game, and thereby renders the cost of spells pretty much irrelevant. Use something like Vigour or Magic Power that can't be raised otherwise for stat bonuses.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Blog Entries

Default reply

yeah I read a guide that states you only have to level up with behamut at level 68 69 70 or some where aroun there. It was an example. I mainly leveled up my strength and magic.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

All characters have roughly 9500+ hit points at level 99 as well.
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Hahaha when I fought that one guy with Sabin on the mountains, I was like WTF HOW DO I BLITZ?! But I got it now

If you're not one of those kinds of gamers, you can go ahead and ignore the dozens of people who talked about not leveling and what the best ways to grow your stats are. What they said is technically true, but this isn't a hard game. You don't need to obsess about your stats and min/maxing your characters or whatever. You can be an 11 year-old with absolutely no concept of how to "build" your characters and still beat the game pretty easily. I beat the game when I was 11 and I didn't even understand that the esper bonuses existed, much less did I obsess over what stats to give my guys. Just play however you'll enjoy it.

But much, much later in a game, should you decide to sleep in a certain castle with a certain swordsman in your party, make sure you have someone who knows the spell X-zone. Or at the very least, make sure you didn't leave the only magicite you learn it from back on the ship with someone else. That's a pretty sucky time in the game to have to give up and restart from the beginning -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Hahaha when I fought that one guy with Sabin on the mountains, I was like WTF HOW DO I BLITZ?! But I got it now
    Yeah same here. Blitz is probably one of my favorite skills in VI.

Banned

Ragnarok Esper is better than Ragnarok sword.

When you get to the Floating Continent, make sure you wait until the very last second before leaving. (SPOILER)Do this right, and don't be a dumbsmurf like Goldenboko

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ragnarok Sword>Ragnarok Esper.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

You don't have to choose any more. Pick up the Esper when given the choice and pick up the sword during the final fight. That being said, the Esper does indeed blow. But you still need it for completion data and its a one time only deal. Unlike the sword, you can challenge the final boss as much as you want. Gotta love Game+.

It's much better to have the sword for the entire second half of the game (well, after you get Locke again) rather than just the final fight. Then again I guess the GBA version's mechanics work differently.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    If you're not one of those kinds of gamers, you can go ahead and ignore the dozens of people who talked about not leveling and what the best ways to grow your stats are. What they said is technically true, but this isn't a hard game. You don't need to obsess about your stats and min/maxing your characters or whatever. You can be an 11 year-old with absolutely no concept of how to "build" your characters and still beat the game pretty easily. I beat the game when I was 11 and I didn't even understand that the esper bonuses existed, much less did I obsess over what stats to give my guys. Just play however you'll enjoy it.

But much, much later in a game, should you decide to sleep in a certain castle with a certain swordsman in your party, make sure you have someone who knows the spell X-zone. Or at the very least, make sure you didn't leave the only magicite you learn it from back on the ship with someone else. That's a pretty sucky time in the game to have to give up and restart from the beginning -.-
    Beating this game is more about strategy than levels.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post

Beating this game is more about strategy than levels.
    Strategy has nothing to do with winning in this game. The Figaro Bros. are a testament to this. Ultima doesn't help the argument either since the rest of the FF series has been nerfing this spell ever since VI

You can either blast through it or go deeper, its one of those type of games that can actually accommodate most type of players. Just take your own pace and enjoy the game.