Thread: Tips :D?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Default Tips :D?

A classmate was nice enough to let me borrow his copy of FFVI, so now I finally get to try this game out xD

Any advice? I don't want to get stuck too often, because when I get stuck on a game I become discouraged, and then I take a break from it. Since this is a borrowed game, I'd like to avoid that x.x

EDIT:

GBA version, if it makes any difference.
    Last edited by Jessweeee♪; 02-18-2009 at 10:59 PM.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Only a couple of things to worry about missing, really. I'm sure most of these make no sense now, but they will once you play the game.

(SPOILER)
    • When you can freely explore Narshe, you'll come across Lone Wolf pilfering the treasure house. Give chase and when you corner him he'll offer a Gold Hairpin (weak) or the moogle (Mog, awesome!). Pick Mog and he'll join your party.
    • Once Mog joins your party, jump back in the Serpent Trench so he can learn the Water Rondo.
    • Hard to find enemies in the World of Balance: Fossil Fang - in the desert outside Kohlington where Figaro Castle sits, Grenade - in the forest to the west of the Veldt, Intangir - on the triangle island in the northeast corner of the world map.
    • When escaping from the Floating Continent, once you reach the end and are prompted to jump, choose to stay and wait for Shadow. When five seconds remain on the clock he'll show up and leave with you. Otherwise you lose him and he's gone forever!

Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

(SPOILER)If your going for an awesome game file, dont level up too much in the beggining, once you get espers they give you stat boosts when you level up. If you just want to finish the game then dont worry about it.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Love it.
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Gonna Overdrive your ass! Siegfried's Avatar

Everyone in Zozo is a liar...
    Dont use Gau...
    When you reach the ice plain battle, let us know, cuz that one is the first semi-frustrating battle of the game...
    Have as much as possible and try out some things before getting too attached...
    Beware of my look a like!

Steal the game and never return it to your classmate

Hmm.. Gau is a great member(stray cat early on). When you get Espers, pay attention to their level up bonus. That is the best way to make your guys stronger. If your not worried about a perfect runthrough(which i am sure your not if its your first time) than i recommend getting Edgar to a high level using bismark(an esper acquired after a trip to the capital)To make his drill and autocrossbow very, very strong. He is a pivitol character in the game and he can attack all enemies w/o the use of magic, thats why I would choose him.
    The Dude Abides...

The only advice I can offer is to savor the game and enjoy it!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

So I'm at the part where the castle thing sinks in the sand, and I'm liking this game so far. I was worried that I wouldn't like any of the classic FFs ._.

Kefka. xD

South Figaro is coming up and their is a ribbon, hyper wrist and running shoes which are great to have early on.... They are hard to find but wil be a great help if you want them. Especially the ribbon which is notoriously great throughout the series.
    The Dude Abides...

You will become one of us Jessweeee♪.

[insert evil grin]
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Blog Entries

Oh dont open all the treasure chests because if you leave them the items change and get better when you pick them up later.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I too am recently starting this game, having finally found a GBA copy for sale, and I'm enjoying the story a lot so far. I am a little annoyed with some of the game mechanics (most notably the requirement to avoid combat/levelling to get max stats and the missable monsters for the bestiary), but the game is turning out quite nice.

So thank you all for the tips as well. But, blackmage, which chests change? All of them? And at which point later should I pick them up?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Protip: Take the sharp pointy end of your sword and jam it into the enemy. Repeat.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Take it. Hold it. Love it.