Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete's fine fineliner thread!

It's been a very long time since I've posted anything new, but it had a good reason. I was working on the biggest drawing I've ever made, which I finished today. I haven't measured it (yet) but it comes close to 2 by 2 meters spread across my wall.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures and the progress video I made! Comments, feedback and critics always welcome!

Progress video (showing the process step by step as well as some more details)

Hi-res picture (so you can check out every single detail if you like)

The attachments show a small-res version, a very important detail and another picture to show the size of the drawing compared to... myself.

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pete for President; 09-13-2009 at 06:30 PM.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dude, that's incredible. =O

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Wow, nice!

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

WOW

I am in awe that is magnificent :o

Blog Entries

Really nice

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I wish my wall looked like that

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Thats great, what did you use to draw it?..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Thanks everyone =)

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> Thats great, what did you use to draw it?..
    I mainly used fineliners, marker, a lot of charcoal and some pencil for sketching.

Other stuff I've used one way or another include a wooden board, plates and bowls, bottoms of spraycans and a chair because I wasn't tall enough
    Last edited by Pete for President; 09-16-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Two new drawings! I've added two versions of the second drawing due to the experimental horizon I experimented with.

Enjoy and criticize!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Excellent and full of life, as always!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In the picture on your wall, who is the man at the top of the building?

And in most of your pictures, who is the man? Does he represent anything? I have my own interpretation of who and what he is, but I'd like to know the creator's.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post

And in most of your pictures, who is the man? Does he represent anything? I have my own interpretation of who and what he is, but I'd like to know the creator's.
    Thanks for noticing! I'm quite curious about your interpretation. I tried to keep it short, but here goes;

For me, the man represents doubt about modern western life and humanity.

For example, he goes to work and builds his career, because that's the standard in the society where he lives in. Even though he knows this will probably lead to a stressful, gray life and probably result in helping ruining the planet, he has a hard time imagining what could be.

Often he longs for a more relaxing life, doing only things he really likes, but he finds himself tied to the standard that has been set in the city.

There are usually two sides in contrast with eachother; -the busy, stressful city with all it's industry- and the sky, usually filled with clouds and a blimp, representing relaxing and carelessness.

The man is in doubt about which side he wants to be in; be a part of everyone, or walk away from everything and start "floating carelessly".

In case of the wall drawing, the man is leaning more towards the sky-side, desperately waving for the zeppelin to spot him and pick him up, so he can start floating away from all the stress and busy life.

I hope that answers your question, but I would like to hear your interpretation aswell!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

You are so very talented. Even your clouds are detailed beyond belief. It was very clever of you to hide that man up there. I mistook him for a beacon at first. Although maybe he is a beacon, in a way?

Regardless, I am greatly impressed and I would pay you to draw on my walls

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post

Thanks for noticing! I'm quite curious about your interpretation. I tried to keep it short, but here goes;

For me, the man represents doubt about modern western life and humanity.

For example, he goes to work and builds his career, because that's the standard in the society where he lives in. Even though he knows this will probably lead to a stressful, gray life and probably result in helping ruining the planet, he has a hard time imagining what could be.

Often he longs for a more relaxing life, doing only things he really likes, but he finds himself tied to the standard that has been set in the city.

There are usually two sides in contrast with eachother; -the busy, stressful city with all it's industry- and the sky, usually filled with clouds and a blimp, representing relaxing and carelessness.

The man is in doubt about which side he wants to be in; be a part of everyone, or walk away from everything and start "floating carelessly".

In case of the wall drawing, the man is leaning more towards the sky-side, desperately waving for the zeppelin to spot him and pick him up, so he can start floating away from all the stress and busy life.

I hope that answers your question, but I would like to hear your interpretation aswell!
    That's basically how I interpret it all too. Though in many of your drawings he also personifies hope. That childish hope we all have that somewhere there is a world of sky and blimps and carefree-ness that we can all easily access whilst still holding onto financial security etc. The fact that the two worlds are often put together emphasises this hope. In my eyes, you can't truly have both. It's one or the other. Yet there he is, trying to straddle them both in the hope that they'll both accept him. It's fantastic.