Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Kimahri.

I once tried to make Kimahri second Lulu but he was weak little kitten. On my second playthrough I made Kimahri Rikku, because he can become one before Rikku joins team so you can steal earlier. He was otherwise pretty good Rikku too.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyxsora View Post

Also a response to the thought of Khimari as a hulking character, he is a very small Ronso, so by their standards it's not that surprising to see Khimari as a mage. But any way you look at it, he is very easy to pass over.
    No, I think that he is constantly portrayed in cutscenes as a physically intimidating character to those that wish to impede the progress of Yuna. I agree that he is small for a Ronso, but, as a whole, we see him wielding a spear and not really using too much of his Blue Magic aside from his first battle.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Blog Entries

I also think his blue magic didnt work well as a Overdrive and wouldve been better as a unique skill. It couldnt have been that hard to give it to him, after all they gave Yuna summon so maybe it was the designers intention to make Kimahri use it as a limit.

I also once tried to make Kimahri a black mage, my thinking was that if he was ever low on MP he could use lancet, He also has an awesome spell casting movement, (Talk to the hand, boom). However he was quite in-efectual and i now use him as a second Wakka.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I think I'm gonna do an all Kimahri challenge. Or at least a playthrough where I power-level him.
    "Guchi-guchi" said the little baby, and his mom mistakingly bought him an expensive bag

I found Kimahri quite useful when i played FFX, alot of players over the years i have spoken with from game sites, didn't like////use him so much, and you uaually get that in games, the one character that seems to get disliked in that way, usually the non human ones, like Quina and Cait Sith from other FF'S.

But he can become strong and a good clone of another character, like say, Auron for Xample,and that's not a bad thing, makes the game so much easier, his Stone Breath and Nova were pretty useful, and i liked using the Self Destruct...He's a good gaurdian, he takes his job seriously, he did hold off Seymour at the Highbridge,for the others at one stage :P

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My probably about Kimarhi was that you needed to get Lvl 1 Locks before you could bring him along someone else's path, so for a while, he was useless.

thats why you figure out whos path hes to go on then you go all the way around his circle and back to the one hes to go through...if you take your time you will have it set good...or just keep him in the party and get alot of AP and when you get a key sphere then your set for a long while

Articles
    Blog Entries

I give him a blend of Wakka and Auron, his long range and strength gives him the Dragoon aproach I felt he was supposed to be.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll say I highly enjoyed training kimarhi as a thief/white mage. White Magic when fighting Evrae, steal with Biran and Yenke, Faster access to upper level white magic, esp Holy, etc.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Masamunemaster View Post
    thats why you figure out whos path hes to go on then you go all the way around his circle and back to the one hes to go through...if you take your time you will have it set good...or just keep him in the party and get alot of AP and when you get a key sphere then your set for a long while
    I prefer not to train a character when he's not going to immediately benefit.

My big problem with Kimarhi is that he doesn't excel at anything, which goes against the entire Sphere Grid. With the exception of Kimarhi's tiny section, the Sphere Grid is incredibly focused, and making a hybrid character is nearly impossible. Whatever section you turn him down is just a copy of another characters, and an inherently weaker version, and moving him around with Teleport/Friend Spheres will have him wind up weaker than everything. He's not "versatile", because he can't switch from one role to another. You can choose one path for him, and the rest is just a straight shot through the grid, picking up whatever he gets from the chosen path, but almost always winding up inferior to the character who is already on that path.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

well my last play through I took my time and acctually made him a lil of everyone, he went one or two circles in each persons then I sent him through the last part of lulus into wakkas

You can do that, but it has problems. First, he spends a lot of sphere points moving backwards to get back to his circle (though you can negate that if you use spheres, I suppose), and second, the first circles of a characters grid are generally the worst. They are usually 1 and 2 stat nodes, versus the 4 stat nodes that are common in the later portions of most of the paths. It's certainly possible, it just doesn't have a lot of benefit to doing it that way.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

well it was mainly meant for supports like cheer focus reflex etc, and Id rather take the time to go to them seperatly to get those few stats than use up and skill spheres

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    You can do that, but it has problems. First, he spends a lot of sphere points moving backwards to get back to his circle (though you can negate that if you use spheres, I suppose), and second, the first circles of a characters grid are generally the worst. They are usually 1 and 2 stat nodes, versus the 4 stat nodes that are common in the later portions of most of the paths. It's certainly possible, it just doesn't have a lot of benefit to doing it that way.
    Going backwards isn't the problem, all sorts of teleporting sphere's allow that to be fix'd simply. If anything, the one way I quickly boosted Kimhari past the rest of my party was saving most of his sphere levels (annoying to keep him alive because it made him weak while we where going through parts of the game but that's his biggest ish), then teleported to the end of people's sphere grids, let him get all the 4's and teleported him to someone's to gather up 4's once again. It took effort which could've just been on someone else though =P