Thread: The Wire

Default The Wire

not sure if I'll get many replies here, but regardless, has anyone here ever watched the Wire on HBO.

I think it's the most realistic show to have been out. It was a show based in Baltimore, Maryland that covered the pd, and the streets(drug dealing and whatnot). It threw in something new every season as well, from the dock workers, to politics, the school system, and the newspaper. It's not your average cop show on tv, such as csi. They actually got experts on most of the subjects so they had a more realistic approach for the show. I believe they had an ex-police commisioner, and a newspaper editor, to help out with the functions of the newspaper and police department in the show. It actually makes you feel for each aspect of the city.

so............... has anyone ever watched it, or does anyone have any questions about it?
    Last edited by Alex151; 02-26-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Haven't seen it but I've heard nothing but good things about this show...particularly how realistic it is! I heard its finished now so i guess I'll be waiting until it all comes out in one package!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

yeah, they only did 5 seasons which dissapointed me, but it ended well. It wasn't the most popular show, which makes me wonder if they'll throw it all in one package, but I imagine they will.

It's amazing - by far the best thing I've ever seen on TV. I've never seen anything else with such well-drawn characters, you understand the motivations and background of everyone, even those with relatively little screen time. And there are so many facets to the story. I'm rewatching it now, and I'm picking out quite a few things that I hadn't noticed first time round.

Basically, it's the best thing ever. I can kind of understand why it didn't get big audiences though: you've got to put a fair bit of work in to follow everything (you really don't want to miss an episode if you want to follow the plot!); it's got a lot of street talk (which the average white person in England... struggles with); and apparently a fair number of people were put off by a cast that was 70% black. Numpties.

Quote Originally Posted by Burtsplurt View Post
    Basically, it's the best thing ever.
    <A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvq3Pf3j61c">You can say that again</A>.