Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy VII!

For those who pay attention, you'll notice that there is no end-quote on that comment, indicating that there is more to come.

I'm a little too paranoid to participate in most of these challenges, but there is one I'm willing to do.

Where be my Kishi Star?

My high score is 9144, BTW. Still haven't been able to break 10k, but maybe if I work at it more. Which I'm not willing to do due to the time constraints.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

That's probably why he said "There's another line."

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That screenshot is totally a fake.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    No actually it's fully possible to get those high scores just look at this screenshot I took.

Why do you always have to make me look like an underachieving chump, Pontus?

I enjoyed Tseng slapping Aerith across the face and Tifa exclaiming, "WTF!" I'm quite immature enough to find something this stupid funny for the rest of the game. Especially once I name Cait Sith STFU.

Edit: I also didn't realize Prez Shinra has a cigar in his mouth until this playthrough.

That is not a fake screenshot. It is not even that hard to obtain, as long as you are able to hit the target that is worth 4960 points: the airship propeller.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to AK plays FFVII!

Commence Chapter 1!

You start off by being showed a cutscene where two gaurds get beat up by girls, while our hero waits until the fight's over. Some black guy shouts at me, so I might as well come out and pillage the corpses.

1. Who am I talking to? The fat twitchy guy in the corner, or the one that looks like a girl?
    2. Why am I even listening?

Brilliant remark there, maybe ask it before you go on the secret terrorist mission next time. It explains why it takes so long to open a freaking door though.

That's because I didn't give it to you. Go away, I don't like you.

Instead of weather phenomenoms, I decide to give him a more down to earth name such a Richard.

..but you can call him Dick.

Where are we supposed to go? There is like 3 feet of space here. Maybe if you didn't have Jessie Mcduds working on the door there, we would've been inside by now.

Strange that the most powerful organisation on the planet couldn't capture this bumbling group of idiots.

I decide to name the Black dude Bert. Because a name with such a gay vibe just sounds right.

After introducing himself, he seems to start telling me how to run. Are you serious? I'm a mercenary that doesn't know how to run? I'm not really growing all that confident about Dick.

So I head inside and get attacked by this crazy octopus-dog hybrid about the same size as Dick himself. I haven't watched much cop shows, but it seems like Dick is going to get ripped apart.

But no! He does 6 damage? 6!?

Obviously, Richard slices the dog in two and cell him at the local chinese take-out for some gil.

So we get inside and Bert starts giving me a speech about blood and some sort of tree sex, and I hear Richard say the first decent thing of the day.

Wtf? Did he just go in me? How did a 6 foot black guy just go inside me?...

...maybe we shouldn't ask that question.

Either Bert is some sort of ghost or I was really right on the money with the name.

You know, I'm all for micro-management, but couldn't you just tell each other the codes?

AVALANCHE doesn't seem to be the smartest group, but what do you expect anyway from a group with such a name.

Make up your mind. Is it a switch, or is it a button?

Bert came out of(or in?) me talking about the time he had a colonoscopy.

After a little talk he suddenly seemed to suffer from an extreme case of Parkinson's disease, while standing in provocative positions.

Don't look Richard! You'll just spur him on.

Turns out Bert has a 50mm chain guy grafted into his arm. How the hell does he even control that? Mind control? Secret button?

Never mind that, where does he keep the ammo?

People bitch about the gunsword, but I find this one to be just as ridiculous.

Anyway, after beating the crap out of the little machines with a 400 pound sword, we save the game.

Next time in Chapter 2: Will Dick escape the reactor in time? Will several soldiers gang-rape him in an alley? Will he enjoy it?

Tune in next time at AK plays FFVII.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    I enjoyed Tseng slapping Aerith across the face and Tifa exclaiming, "WTF!" I'm quite immature enough to find something this stupid funny for the rest of the game. Especially once I name Cait Sith STFU.
    matureness schmatureness, I find it hilariuz, plz keep it up.

oh and I will follow your example but I will use other abbreviations for different dialogue.

I just started it up, and I'm surprised that my scratchiest disc ever is running so smooth.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    That is not a fake screenshot. It is not even that hard to obtain, as long as you are able to hit the target that is worth 4960 points: the airship propeller.
    Did you use the PC version? Pretty sure the PS version doesn't have that target.

Anyway, if you want your salsa you'll have to sort it out with kishi!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

WOOO!

I'm gonna see if I can't do a Maxx Power and Youtube it.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

2nd Boss

Weird dialog

3rd Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Did you use the PC version? Pretty sure the PS version doesn't have that target.

Anyway, if you want your salsa you'll have to sort it out with kishi!

Yes, all my playthroughs are PC versions. Only way I can make screenshots.

My PlayStation version strategy guide says that the propeller is a valid target (although worth ???? points), but looking it up online, it seems that it wasn't a valid target in the PS version due to a glitch in the programming, but was added again in the PC version. Apparently it was a target for the Japanese version as well.

Some people say that it is in the PS version, but nearly impossible to hit in that version due to a change in the screen dimensions. In the PC version, as the coaster moves around, the zeppelin propeller passes at the very lower-right corner of the screen. If you move the target as far down and to the right as you can, and ultra rapid-fire the laser button, you will hit it most of the time (I sometimes miss due to not being fast enough on pressing the laser button). But the only way I have seen it hit is by that method, even though it is on screen for quite a while at other times. It is simply too small and moves too fast to target at any other time. So a shift in the screen aspect when it went from PlayStation to PC might have caused it to line up perfectly in the PC version, which is why only PC players are effectively able to hit it. Anyway, it makes getting the Parasol (which was renamed to Umbrella in the PC version) and the Flayer much easier, as due to poorer controls on the PC version, getting high numbers is very difficult.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I like your menu colors, Vermachtnis o:

Here's what I got as of now

I swear the menu looks prettier when I'm playing xD

EDIT:

I'm running ePSXe right now. D'you think the game'll run faster if I run a downloaded copy, or should I continue with the disc?
    Last edited by Jessweeee♪; 03-03-2009 at 02:04 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Vermachtnis' colors would make me feel like I had a limit all the time

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I love you so much radioactive girl.

Allright geez calm down already

Yes, Wedge, that is indeed how you got to be that way

Cloud signalizes that the conversation is over.

You know, that is a pretty badass way to go. When I'm dying my final words will definitely be AFK.

Nothing more you say? Don't worry, we don't need any more to have you committed.

Miss Muffins! ^_^;;

I had to name someone O RLY, but I have yet to see any specific funny conversation with it.

This is funny to me because I was so incredibly bad at English when I first played this game. I though Hooligan was the name of the guy standing there. They capitalized it didn't they? Why can't I push hooligan? I want to push hooligan!

I'll stop at the ghost trainyard for today