Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy VII!

i just finished ShinRa Mansion and i have Beta on both my current ES Materia, got it on the first right after leaving the ranch, then as soon as i got the buggy i went back and got it on my second...
    you do have to kill the Zolom in order to learn the Beta Enemy Skill you can not run from battle or you lose it, it does not cast the skill untill it's HP reaches 1000... putting the ES Materia holder in the back row and giving them Fire-Elemental in their armor slots helps a lot too also whenever the Zolom gets close to 1000HP make sure the one with the ESMat keeps their HP over 660 and stays in defensive position, when it cast Beta just cast it back and the fight is over... run for shore, heal thyself... it would definately be harder in an ESMat only challenge guess you're out of luck till much later... too bad cause Beta is like an instant "I Win" command early on...
    Last edited by Elly; 04-05-2009 at 05:41 AM.

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Why aren't you guys posting pics? Marshall Banana is the only one truthful to the competition.

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Done.

Silver Star challenges completed:
    - Beat the game
    - Acquire all 4 Huge Materia
    - Breed a Gold Chocobo
    - Acquire Final Attack at the battle arena
    - Defeat Ruby and Emerald Weapon

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Well done, oddler-kins!

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

pics oddler?

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Although I didn't get to participate in this as much as I would have liked, it looks like you guys had a good time. I will be sure to make the tally of who completed what challenge.

Don't forget to check out Eyes on Plays FFVIII.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Default RE: The Beta Question

If you are willing (and a little patient) to go farther in the game, you'll get a Fire Ring, which renders Beta a moot point when it comes to the Midgar Zolom. You're going to get at least 1 character knocked out, so make sure you put Elemental-Fire in the armor of the 2nd one (I used Barret), and it also helps to have Sense (so you can see the Zolom's HP). In addition, having a couple Limit's ready to go will also aid you in this task.

If you are trying to do this prior to going through Junon, good luck. His normal attack is at least 200-300 HP off, and Beta's going to hit even the Elemental-Fire combo for around 500-600 HP (or 900-1100 on a non-protected character. And YES, you MUST kill him. If you simply die and have a person "blown off" so you don't get a Game Over, the Beta will not be there!

Or you can just come back when you are like level 50 or so and wax the snot out of him. LOL