Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saddest Death(s) - spoilers inside

Yes to Xenosaga. That was depressing at the end.

On that note, if it wasn't for the fact the series was over, I would expect to See Dmitri again in the future, but thats an unrelated note entirely.

Blog Entries

Crisis Core:(SPOILER)Zack dying was probably the only video game I have ever cryed at... or at least in the past 5 years or so

Infinite Undiscovery:(SPOILER)Although corny and not nearly as powerful as Crisis Core, the memory left throughout the game of Sigmund and the later realizations about him really are quite sad...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

To me

(SPOILER)Tidus in X

(SPOILER)The Boss because of her whole backstory and what she was fighting for. Also the effect it had on Snake.

(SPOILER)Definitely Vivi. When his kids showed up I was tore up.

MGS (SPOILER)Grey Fox "hit me harder, Snake. Yes, more MORE!!!!
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Suikoden II: (SPOILER)Nanami got me until I realized she could be saved.

FFVII: (SPOILER)As with BoB it's the scene with Nanaki and Seto that gets me.

FFX: (SPOILER)Yeah that ending got to me pretty badly. Sure the Tidus-Yuna thing sucked, but also how he'd never just chill with the Aurochs and play Blitz ever again and stuff.

Shadow of the Colossus: (SPOILER)Yeah when Agro fell... I was sad. It came as a surprised because I hadn't really cared beforehand.

Call of Duty 4: (SPOILER)Yeah so instead of being the all-conquering hero who saves the day... you spend a good minute crawling your broken body out of the wreck of a helicopter, past the bodies of your comrades, to look out upon a nuclear wasteland. And then you die.

Halo 3: (SPOILER)When that little smurfer betrays you and kills SERGEANT smurfING JOHNSON I was mad pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    No doubts there. And then there are the final sequences of the game, both of which are fairly heart-rending individually, and create a damned tragedy when brought together.

Shion: "It isn't something to be 'sad' about . . ."

You know, it kind of is. >:O

And secondly, (SPOILER)the entire ending sequence where KOS-MOS' disembodied components are seen drifting in oblivion to the final line of dialogue "Good night", and the track "Maybe Tomorrow" starting up is painful, frankly. Rather a ruthless little plot, that game had.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker
    On that note, if it wasn't for the fact the series was over, I would expect to See Dmitri again in the future, but thats an unrelated note entirely.
    Yuriev ruled, in certain ways. Nothing on the sheer deranged power and style of Albedo, in my eyes, but Yuriev's ambitions of godhood were considerably better orchestrated, as far as subtlety goes. Fighting just about anything to the strains of "Godsibb" promises to be quite intense, but a battle with a prospective deity in his beastly E.S. craft is just flawless. :laugh:

On an even further removed note, Albedo's re-entry into the plot of Episode II, in the cutscene immediately before the battle with the Patriarch has to be one of the most anticipated and dramatic entrances in video game history. *_* They definitely toy with the player's hopes of actually using Albedo in battle until the final minute or so of the scene. Shame that they had to be dashed . . . =\

Quote Originally Posted by Vice Nebulosa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    No doubts there. And then there are the final sequences of the game, both of which are fairly heart-rending individually, and create a damned tragedy when brought together.

Shion: "It isn't something to be 'sad' about . . ."

You know, it kind of is. >:O

And secondly, (SPOILER)the entire ending sequence where KOS-MOS' disembodied components are seen drifting in oblivion to the final line of dialogue "Good night", and the track "Maybe Tomorrow" starting up is painful, frankly. Rather a ruthless little plot, that game had.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker
    Yuriev ruled, in certain ways. Nothing on the sheer deranged power and style of Albedo, in my eyes, but Yuriev's ambitions of godhood were considerably better orchestrated, as far as subtlety goes. Fighting just about anything to the strains of "Godsibb" promises to be quite intense, but a battle with a prospective deity in his beastly E.S. craft is just flawless. :laugh:

On an even further removed note, Albedo's re-entry into the plot of Episode II, in the cutscene immediately before the battle with the Patriarch has to be one of the most anticipated and dramatic entrances in video game history. *_* They definitely toy with the player's hopes of actually using Albedo in battle until the final minute or so of the scene. Shame that they had to be dashed . . . =\
    I hearby declare the saddest death in video game history the death of the Xenosaga team.

EDIT: Yeah, Xenosaga. (SPOILER)Albedo's death was really touching for me, how he just wanted to be destroyd by his brother. Also, another nasty death was Canaan. He reveals his true purpose... then immediately sacrifices himself. Ouch.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Xenosaga was a great series and I really wished it got a little more love. Even its own fans turned on it after Eps.II which is sad, cause the whole second disc kicked ass and Ep.III was damn near flawless in everything.

Albedo is easily one of my top fave RPG antagonists and Yuriev rocked. I also loved Voyager but regretfully his story never saw release outside of Japan which is sad cause I feel Pied Piper was easily the best written piece in the series and easily made Ziggy my favorite character.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Xenosaga was a great series and I really wished it got a little more love. Even its own fans turned on it after Eps.II which is sad, cause the whole second disc kicked ass and Ep.III was damn near flawless in everything.

Albedo is easily one of my top fave RPG antagonists and Yuriev rocked. I also loved Voyager but regretfully his story never saw release outside of Japan which is sad cause I feel Pied Piper was easily the best written piece in the series and easily made Ziggy my favorite character.
    I agree with absolutely everything said here. Have a cookie

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

*munch*

Aeris' death in FFVII was utterly tragic. She was the only character who, in battle, played any differently from any of the other party members. After she died, all the other characters were virtually the same except for two secret characters who were guaranteed to be fully effective from the back row.

So yeah, the death of any variety between characters in FF7 was my saddest death. Still my favourite game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    (please don't mentioN Aeris/Aerith..)
    Technically I mentioNed the variety in gameplay mechanics, so I'm okay.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 07-06-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

In Baldur's Gate II, working so hard to build up a realistic relationship with a lover of your choice, only to kill him/her when they turn into a vampire is pretty goddamn depressing.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

MGS3 and Shadow of the Colossus. If you've played them, you'll know which ones. God damn.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, my saddest experience was in ff6

(SPOILER)The death of Cid. Not only was it MY fault for not getting the damn fish, but Celes and Cid just became a family, and just to add more salt to the wound, Celes' Theme starts to play (a rather sad track imo), then she attempts suicide. I mean, when Celes enters the hut, and Cid just lays there motionless, I feel like the biggest ass ever for letting him die.

That's the second time I think I got teary eyed from playing a video game. It was just so sudden and unexpected.
    Returners Represent!