Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saddest Death(s) - spoilers inside

Default Saddest Death(s) - spoilers inside

Which passing in a video game did you find the most depressing?

(please don't mentioN Aeris/Aerith..)

My top one is easily Emma Emmerich from Metal Gear Solid 2. People yap about how sad it was for Wolf and The Boss but they were soldiers. They were going to die sometime. Emma was an innocent traumatized girl who was killed by a crazed madman and who died without her last request being granted (well it was but she was dead by then). Otacon's reaction doesn't help...I can't watch that scene without feeling horrible.

EDIT BY BoB: To avoid problems, please can everyone mark spoilers for any game released on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii or any other game released in the last 3-4 years.

Mine's not even a death, but it's supposed to look like it when the scene occurs. It's in Shadow of the Colossus (SPOILER)when Agro (the horse) falls to it's 'death'. Your trusty companion throughout the whole is suddenly gone*sobs*
    "Guchi-guchi" said the little baby, and his mom mistakingly bought him an expensive bag

Blog Entries

Oh Tamagotchi, why oh why did i forget to feed you
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Not exactly an in-game death (or death at all), but Red XIII's Dad is the only one that gets to me every time.

I was happy when Aeris died. She had it comin'.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Jecht before the final summoning, that got to me. Dunno if you can really call him alive at the time though.

Str8 Pimpin'

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Alys in Phantasy Star IV. I remember thinking the first time, The Labs didn't work?

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Oh Tamagotchi, why oh why did i forget to feed you

Aeris' death wasn't sad. I was all 'WOO YOU JUST GOT IMPALED why the hell isn't anyone going after that White Materia it's bouncing so slowly just catch the damn thing so I can end this smurfing game on disc 1 aaaargh you idiots you let it fall'

Crisis Core: (SPOILER)All the emotion and drama leading up to the eventual death of the great Zack.

"Did I become a hero?"

Project: N00b

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)Shinjuro and the Minato in Persona 3. Just watching the events leading up to either of them and their emotional impact cause you've played the game for so long. You feel just as devastated as the characters. This is the other thing that blew me away; how your party reacted and dealt with their deaths. It felt more realistic and now its difficult to watch other Video game deaths cause they all feel cheesy and unrealistic.

The Boss and pretty much the entire revelation about her in the ending of MGS3 is still one of the most powerful gaming moments for me. She sacrificed everything for a country that didn't care about her. Even lost her life to the only person she cared about still. Snake learns he's just been a pawn and a tool as well as the Boss. The fact you have to pull the trigger to kill her is heart wrenching.

Vivi in FFIX. He's my favorite character in the game damn it and not only did the game give Zidane his backstory and then practically reduce Vivi to a side character; the game then has the audacity to kill him off offscreen. It just isn't fair...

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Half-life 2: (SPOILER)Eli Vance. It's bummed the hell out of me both times I've played Episode 2. Ughhhhhhh, he's like the best character of the series.

MGS3: (SPOILER)I agree with The Boss. The whole ending sequence after Eva leaves is just heart breaking. Another ughhhhhhhh because it just killed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Vivi in FFIX. He's my favorite character in the game damn it and not only did the game give Zidane his backstory and then practically reduce Vivi to a side character; the game then has the audacity to kill him off offscreen. It just isn't fair...
    He did get the epilog though.
    "Guchi-guchi" said the little baby, and his mom mistakingly bought him an expensive bag

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I'm playing through .Hack//G.U. and it's not really a death per se, but in Disk 2.

(SPOILER)When Alkaid gets hit by AIDA and vanishes. She was my favorite character. I had plans of using her for the rest of the game. And what she was saying really tugged at my heart strings.

"Boys...don't...cry..." I didn't feel like playing for the rest of the day after that.

(SPOILER)Vivi hands down.

Its the only one that affected me as a person O_O
    "When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all.""
    -God-

Any Xenosaga enthusiasts on the premises? Well, despite the fact that the entire scene was tainted by damnable Western censorship tendencies (:frust, the death of Jin Uzuki at the blades of swarming Gnosis (while chaos and KOS-MOS handled affairs of their own, blissfully unaware or unable to assist) was a fairly brutal thing. The fact that Jin seemed to see his demise coming and met his fate regardless certainly does nothing to lessen the impact when that bizarre hook-sword pierces his shoulder and (if memory serves) leg. Freaking MOMO would have been a considerably less difficult lamb to witness being sacrificed , although admittedly it would have little to no dramatic thrust.

Also, for those of you who have completed and enjoyed Chrono Cross, the death of Miguel in the Dead Sea is a considerably more poignant occurrence if you subscribe to the theory that Miguel may in fact be Crono. Mitsuda and his "People Seized With Life" piece lend enough to that kind of mood to make even the plight of the bumbling dwarves in the Hydra Marshes somewhat touching, so even if the Crono theory is incorrect, Miguel's final moments still create a remarkable scene . . .

SH :Covenant - (SPOILER)Yuri dies...noooo,the best character ever!
    Suikoden II - (SPOILER)failing to save Jowy & Nanami:weep: