Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruby/Emerald Weapon Strategy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    with 8 Mastered Knight of the Round Materia,
    Am I missing something here?
    That must be the most tedious grind in the world ever. But so are all these challenges. How much AP does Mime require to be Mastered?
    Mime's only 100,000.

And mastering 8 KotR Materia is much faster than Vincent's 65k kills. Facing the Movers and Magic Pots with Triple growth weapons (Apocalypse and Scimitar) can get you that fairly quickly.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ruby Weapon? My standard strategy is to fight with Cloud alone. W-Summon KotR, but target Ruby's tentacles. Thereafter, simply Mime for great justice. As soon as the tentacles are dead, the summons will target Ruby itself. As soon as the tentacles revive, Arthur and his hombres will deal out some Holy and smack them right back down again.

Sure, takes a little longer than other strategies, but it's one of the most fool-proof methods I'm aware of. As long as you remember to have full status immunity (either a Ribbon, or armour with Added Effect + Hades), and keep Final Attack + Phoenix in reserve, just in case, you'll be fine. Oh, and make sure your MP are maxed out with MP Plus materia too. You might just need those, if things get hairy.

8 KOTR's takes an age to master.

A quicker tip is to get 3 mastered KOTR's and then in the fight give Barret 4 Hero Drinks and cast Berserk on him. That will be enough to kill Emerald in one hit.

I killed Ruby by starting with just Cloud and the other two dead. Then when Cloud died I had Final Attack-Phoenix which brought the other two back alive. Then it was just a case of the usual combinations of KOTR, Mine, W-Summon, MP-Turbo, MP absorb etc.

Ribbon's on all three party members is obviously a BIG help.

I am currently trying to beat both just with Enemy Skill's, but I don't think it's possible. At least not yet anyway. Maybe if I can use Chocobuckle to power Lucky 7's I'll stand a chance.

wow...i need to go back and play this game again...its been about 6 years...or longer...i dont think i ever got 8 KOTR...nor did i understand how to utillize barrets ultimate with those materia...u guyz are insane...i need to try this ONE HIT EMERALD trick...

BEST WAY TO KILL EMERALD WEAPON

1. get some one with 9999 max ho and equip 2 materias to them so when emerald uses aire tam storm it will do 2222 damage.
    9999-2222=7777

2. For the rest of the battle just heal when u get attacked and since emeralds attacks are quite powerfullimits are within easy reach.

Ok Guys to kill emerald u need the hp plus materia for all three characters and be high enough level to get 9999 hp the trick is to only equip 2 materia to each character becaus emerald's air tam stomp does damage based on the # of materia. if u only have 2 equiped he will do 2222 damage. the only thing u will have to worry about is keeping ur hp at 9999 until he uses air tam stomp. when it hits ur hp will be 7777. the top of the screen will say all lucky 7s. at this point ur characters will go into a frenzy and attack until he is dead
    The Darkfall, many fear its name.

Lucky 7s doesn't continue until the enemy has been defeated. If you used it at the beginning of battle against Emerald it'd be left with 502,272 HP.