Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (4 Months Later) By The Way, My Name Is...

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    I tell my name to people. Then I tell it to them again because they don't get it. Then I have to keep reminding them how to pronounce it everyday. I really don't get why it's so hard for people to pronounce... goddd
    I know how to pronounce your name!

If someone asks for my name, I will give it to them. I don't really care.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Wink I already know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Give me your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Give me your name.
    Lance Urwhil. Alex for short.

Banned

Since I have to be professional sometimes I usually go by Elizabeth and then to friends or good acquaintances it's Liz.

Blog Entries

I prefer not to give my name out to people i dont know but when strangers ask me in real life for it I get abit nervous and dont have the social manueverability to not tell them or think up a fake name quickly enough.

I also dont like my name used online.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

When I meet people I say something along the lines of 'Hi I'm James'.

It's kind of what you do when you're in social situations

there was a picture here

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

My name is Peegee.

People who know my real name are probably in facebookland or have a good reason to know it (ie they asked me and I wasn't like 'my name's PG duh')

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I forget about the name thing all the time. Sometimes I'll know someone for like, six months and we'll be like "wait, what's your name o_o"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    I always feel goofy introducing myself as "Stu," so usually I introduce myself as Stuart. Then, if they're around friends/family, it gradually will transition to Stu. So how people refer to me is a pretty decent implication as to how closely they know me.

I'm the opposite, I don't like introducing myself as Stuart, I think it's too formal and I'm not a formal kind of guy.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Even if quite a lot of you think my name is neat, I'm still not wanting to reveal it publicly since I prefer people calling me by the name Evastio.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    Curse you! You ruined my plan!
    Your birthdate is much more useful, but having both is good. Like, destiny-determining good.

I offer my name if prompted, but I neither expect anyone to remember, nor do I bother to remember theirs unless I talk to them more often.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I'm really bad at remembering names, referring to some people as "hey girl" or "Here, you". (I don't know if it's 'Here' you, I tend to just go 'EE'AREEE, YOU').

I don't really introduce myself, not because I'm rude but people just don't. After a while I may smile and go 'Sorry, what is your name?' and then introduce myself after they've said their name.

Since the "lounge people not knowing my name" situation that started this thread has changed, I guess I kind of have to update you guys, now that a few of the lounge people just found out my name today, thanks to my carelessness leaving my stuff out in the open, with the side that has my name on it face up. (yeah, my paranoia isn't just an online thing)

...well, one of them actually said my name was cool. They were all quite suprised that that was my real name though.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Hi, I'm Arthur. We don't know each other, but all my other friends are in lessons so I figure I may as well hang out with you lot."

I do that a lot. It probably wouldn't work if I wasn't insta-jaculate sexy.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have no problem giving out my name to people irl; especially if they'll be seeing me quite a bit. It annoys me though when people pronounce my name incorrectly, or call me something completely different like Kimberley after I've told them my name several times. This is why I prefer to tell people my name in person because they can get a better idea of how it should be pronounced.