Page 1 of 18 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XIII Signups! Presidential Edition.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Mafia XIII Signups! Presidential Edition.

There is a secret tradition among presidents, a very secret tradition. Upon each president's inauguration there is a meeting of all the former presidents for a huge, hot... poker game. With the inauguration of the 44th president the time has come again for a meeting of our finest. However something has gone horribly wrong this time...

It's back baby. Mafia XIII, this round’ll be hosted by your very own Bahamut2000X and Goldenboko! Signups for the thirteenth edition of mafia has begun. Please make sure you read the rules, as there will be rules specific to this game.

How to Play Mafia

The Basics. If this is your first time playing, read up, and if you just need a refresher, click away!

Common Mafia roles.

If you decide to sign up you shall be given a private message when the game starts with a username and password. This will be your anonymous account that you will use to play in the game thread.

Rules specific to EoFF Mafia
    Borrowed from a long list of people
    • Unless specifically mentioned in your Assignment PMs, all Mafia related discussion must happen in the Official game thread. Please do not discuss the game using instant messengers, IRC, Private Messages, voice chats, phone calls, snail mail etc. etc. No, we can't enforce this because we can't spy on you, but we would appreciate it if you followed this simple rule.
    • Do not reveal your role privately to each other. You can of course role claim as part of your strategy in this thread. Just don't do it outside the game.
    • Play nice. Even if you are using second accounts, don't resort to flaming and whatnot. Kill each other without resorting to being mean.
    • Please make all posts in the Game thread under your specific Mafia accounts.
    • Play fair. Also known as the "don't be an ass" rule. Being an ass includes cheating, diverging completely from your assigned role, going back and deleting or editing all your posts, using asshole-ish methods [M] to find out information about other people's roles, etc.
    • Do NOT use your Mafia accounts to post in any non-Mafia related threads.
      Regarding roles and accounts
    • All of the roles were assigned randomly to a player and then those were randomly assigned to the character.
    • Don’t roleplay, it’s annoying. I know it is. Play your character how you want though. There will be no penalty to anyone who does role play.
    • Don’t share with others who you are or what your password is or what your role is. This makes it lose its fun-ness. Think for your selves guys! You don’t need anyone else.

Rules Specific to Mafia XIII
    • Do NOT discuss during the night phase. The game thread will be closed, but the signups will be left open if you continue to discuss in the signups you will be warned to stop. 3 strikes, your out. Get it?
    • Each role will be custom. What does this mean? Vanilla Townies, will not be called Vanilla Townies. Cops won't be called cops. Etc. etc. There will also be some... different roles. Be prepared.
    • If you don't think you'll play, don't sign up. I'd rather have 12 players who play the entire game, then 17 with 5 who barely post.
    • You must make 15 posts every two game days. Fail to do this, and you shall be replaced (not modkilled).

If you wish to sign up, Private Message me, Goldenboko, or post here. If you don't wish to have your name listed, Private Message me and ask specifically to be anonymous. You may sign up to be a replacement.

Players List
    1. ????
    2. Del Murder
    3. Caraliz & Bert
    4. Sir Lancealot & Blue Harvest
    5. Laddy
    6. Timekeeper
    7. ~*~Celes~*~
    8. leader of mortals
    9. Jiro
    10. Sagensyg -SEEKING LIFE PARTNER
    11. Tama2
    12. f f freak
    13. Jessweeee(musicnote) & Death By Moogles
    14. ???? & ????
    15. The Summoner of Leviathan
    16. ????

Replacement List
    1. ????
    2. ????
    3. Miriel
    4. Shiny
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 03-22-2009 at 03:11 PM.

*Raises hand*

Me! Me!

Wait...

Let me think about this.
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It would be fun to play as Nixon, or Regan(Regan SMASH!).

But no.. I vowed not to play this game anymore.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    [*]You must make 15 posts every two game days. Fail to do this, and you shall be replaced (not modkilled).
    15 posts seems too much even for every two game days. You'll get a bunch of spam instead of good stuff because people will want to fill up their post count.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Mafia! I'm in.

I also think 15 is a lot.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh gawd you guys made this complex didn't you?

It's been like 3-4 months without a mafia, people will finally wanna try to play this again and you have to make it complex so they get sick of it and quit playing.

15 posts a day? That's a lot. o.o How active do you think the forums are in early spring?

Some Mitten Lover Sir Lancealot's Avatar

I'll only play if I can partner with someone. I don't have as much time as I'd like.

Banned

Let me play!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I guess 15 in 2 days is a bit overkill. 15 in 3 then, and I fail to see anything "complex".

BTW Tama is that a yes or a no? xD

EDIT: Forward all complaints to Bahamut2000X ;P

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I am a huge smurfing idiot.

So

uh

I might have accidentally deleted everyone from the mafia social group. Might have. In an accidental manner. As in, not on purpose.

Although it's not like you can prove it was me. You'd be thrown out of court!

In conclusion, you may wish to rejoin.

Danley, if you have Ben Franklin as a president, I will hunt you down and murder your face.

You've been warned.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

What is the projected start date, as well as the time limits on day and night phases? Because depending on them I might be able to play around my midterms.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Forward all complaints to Bahamut2000X
    All complaints get a courtesy cracker and a boot to the head.
    This space intentionally left blank.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I want to join, but if it starts the week of St Patty's day then I will be too busy with school and work to join.

I'll partner with Lance.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow