Thread: max job levels

Default max job levels

Ok so I have a few questions on the DS version.

I don't think this is too original but there seems to be a quick way to max job levels. Guard or steal/study/defend/etc. 4-5 times then attack...sure fire way to get a job level every battle.

Anyway my question is this,

Let's say for example the Jlvl 99 gear for a thief is the Gladius. Simple enough go talk to that chick that wanders from town to town from forest to forest so on.

Ok, so Luneth is Jlvl 99 and gets the Gladius, now I raise say Arc's Jlvl for thief to 99, will he get the Gladius as well and will i be able to equip the second one on Luneth?

Now for question two. I've been wanting to try this ever since I heard about it. Try beating the game with the 4 weakest jobs. Can anyone give me a hint as to what just might be the weakest of the 23? As in Onion Kight is on one end of the spectrum what are the top 4 on the other? I was kind of thinking white mage would be number one...but that would be insane with all the white magic keeping everyone alive and kicking real fast-like...So any input on that one? Thanks

PS I really enjoy the environment on this forum compared to others. Just FYI. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by captkrill View Post
    Ok, so Luneth is Jlvl 99 and gets the Gladius, now I raise say Arc's Jlvl for thief to 99, will he get the Gladius as well and will i be able to equip the second one on Luneth?
    You can only get one of each Job Mastery item, but anyone can equip it as long as they are in the corresponding job.

Quote Originally Posted by captkrill View Post
    Now for question two. I've been wanting to try this ever since I heard about it. Try beating the game with the 4 weakest jobs. Can anyone give me a hint as to what just might be the weakest of the 23? As in Onion Kight is on one end of the spectrum what are the top 4 on the other? I was kind of thinking white mage would be number one...but that would be insane with all the white magic keeping everyone alive and kicking real fast-like...So any input on that one? Thanks
    Levelling up with Scholar will get the lowest HP increases. Sages are the slowest and have lowest physical attacks, but you may be tempted to use offensive magic and summons.

White Mage/Devout will limit your offensive capabilities the most, but you could get around that by using Rods as items.

Freelancers, Red Mages and Evokers don't fare too well at high levels so you might consider them, too.

Damn, OK thanks.

Think ill try freelancer or red mage.

OnionKnight has the worst stats in the game until they hit level 95, finally surpassing the Freelancer's stats. However, the OnionKnight can use all magic and armor in the game, whereas, the Freelancer can only use level 1 Magic. So, the Freelancer might be the more difficult of the two.