Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 591011121314151617181920212535 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XIII: Game thread! - GAME OVER - Hail to the Town!

Alright, Reagan, I'll bite. If you've been gunning for me so hard, let's take a look at you, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ronald Reagan View Post
    I'm looking at FDR right now for deleting a possibly suspicious post. But the first person to vote usually isn't mafia since it makes them stand out right away. Ike's post case in point. So I dunno.

#Vote: Abe Lincoln

Ike made a silly roleclaim and Abe followed it up maybe trying to fit in. Reaching here but at least it's better than making some comment about which president you are.
    You also voted very quickly what seemed like to be no reason at all. Maybe trying not to bandwagon as to seem less suspicious.

Overthinking is better than not thinking!
    You said this and yet accused me of overthinking or posting too many times. Overthinking is never a good thing. That's what Mafia do. The best is to take what you can at face value and look into them a bit deeper when necessary, not just jumping on everything that "doesn't look right"

Quote Originally Posted by [M] FDR View Post
    Eisenhower is bugging me. His vote on Roosevelt is just to save his skin, and that seems odd seeing as he seems bent on contribution. Perhaps instead of panic voting, it would be wiser to look at other members and provide your opinion on them? Asking for contribution but not providing much is scummy, but there must be more reasons to lynch than that.
    I disagree with most of that. If I was in the lead votewise I'd do the same thing. Saving your skin is a perfectly acceptable move by a town player. It was a little too early to do that but it doesn't seem odd to me.

Quoting people throwing out random votes and asking why is what I meant by trying too hard. Trying to hard to look like you are trying. The earliest votes are random, plain and simple. But I hesitate to vote for someone who is actually stimulating discussion, which Ike is doing.

I was going to make a post similar to FDR's latest one. Clinton has just been joking around and not doing much of anything worthwhile. The other active players are at least trying to form opinions. Clinton may be trying to get his posts in without getting on anyone's radar. Let's try this and see where it goes.

#Unvote: Lincoln
    #Vote: Clinton
    Joking around is hardly grounds for putting someone up. Your constant vote changing makes me wary.

Well this is a fine mess we're in. Now if Clinton is town the mafia doesn't have to make peep for the rest of the day (which I guess isn't that much longer).

Bandwagoning is never good because once the town starts gunning after someone the mafia can just sit back and let it happen. Unless we are very sure of a person's guilt we don't want to do this.

Teddy, that was a foolish thing to say. Also, it's quite clear that part of the reason you voted Clinton was to save your own butt. While this is a reasonable action for a town or a maifa, you didn't even mention it. Mafia are more likely to try to save their hide without trying to seem like they are!

I could be on to something, or I could be on to nothing. But ending the day with a simple Clinton gang up would be too easy for them.

#Unvote: Clinton
    #Vote: Teddy R.
    Bandwagoning, though the term is not the best, is the most we CAN do. Otherwise we're into sudden death mode. Yes, the mafia can just sit back once there is a bandwagon but changing your votes 26 times throughout the course of this game isn't going to get you many points either.

I'd have to say that Reagan is either mafia or cult. I don't trust this guy, and not only because he's gunning for me so bad, but because of his long rambling posts and vote changing. I'm not sure I can trust someone that's paranoid.

Eh, no point in prodding them. The mod'll take care of those below the limit, and those just above the limit will probably be lynched starting day four. That's how it usually goes anyway. As far as Carter's assassination goes, I think the mafia just figured it'd be the death that causes the least amount of trouble for them.

Also: Do not lynch Bill. I mean, I'm no cop or anything, but I'm pretty certain he's not mafia. It just feels like all those other times we vote off Townies for dumb reasons

, and he needs to sexplain his vote.
    Sorry but that made me laugh a little xD Freudian slip!

Back on the proper train of thought, Jefferson, how do you "know" Clinton is innocent?

or, rather, what makes you so certain?

Yeah, I want to know as well. Seems odd that you would be so certain.

I agree. How can one truly know unless you are working together?

Taft and Nixon seem like good ideas for an early vote though. Nixon's only contribution is an unexplained vote in the early stages, and Taft seems dodgy to me. He bandwagoned after Roosevelt did, and then promptly left. I feel these two may have been overlooked, and maybe we should focus, at this early stage on people like them.
    I bandwagoned because I didn't feel like anything that had happened on Day 1 would have given me a better reason to vote someone else. Are you trying to say what I did was just as scummy as being voted because someone believed I was in possession of Weapons of Mass Destruction?

But really, I agree with you on that I'd like to hear what Nixon was thinking when he voted for Bill Clinton. Seriously, if you're town, didn't it ever cross your mind that doing something like that would seem really scummy?

I haven't checked the earlier posts yet. I will if I get bored enough later. It's more fun to react to things as they happen.

Let me respond to Teddy real quick. Ted, you are either really bad at this game or I have figured you out.

1. My vote for Lincoln was mostly random, and I changed it later. I feel the best way to get people talking in the beginning is to get a vote out there. At that early stage Lincoln was as good a bet as any for me. You can't read too much into what happens early on day 1, unless of course you are a mafia trying to spread lies.

2. I don't think I ever accused you of overthinking or posting too many times. Please point out where I did.

3. I changed my vote twice on day 1. That's not 26 times, and that was DAY ONE. The day with the least amount of information to go on. Of course people are going to change their votes then!

Here's the kicker:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Theodore Roosevelt View Post
    Joking around is hardly grounds for putting someone up. Your constant vote changing makes me wary.
    You agreed with me right after I posted that, and, in fact, voted the same way! How can you accuse me of something you yourself did? At least I came up with my reasoning myself instead of playing follow the leader.

Gonna vote Teddy now because there is way too much inconsistency here. I'll unvote later if I see the need to, but this guy needs a vote on him.

#Vote: Teddy R.

Also let's keep an eye on Bush Sr. Calling out Jefferson for being so certain about Clinton smells like a mafia trying to flush out a cop. And my favorite Teddy bear also followed suit. I highly doubt both TJ and Clinton are scummates and if they were I don't think he would make that comment. That would be the only reason I see to call attention to it.

Not sure how I feel about FDR. He's playing a good game, but posting enough that he'd slip up sooner or later. No reason to get into it with him at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Taft View Post
    Taft and Nixon seem like good ideas for an early vote though. Nixon's only contribution is an unexplained vote in the early stages, and Taft seems dodgy to me. He bandwagoned after Roosevelt did, and then promptly left. I feel these two may have been overlooked, and maybe we should focus, at this early stage on people like them.
    I bandwagoned because I didn't feel like anything that had happened on Day 1 would have given me a better reason to vote someone else. Are you trying to say what I did was just as scummy as being voted because someone believed I was in possession of Weapons of Mass Destruction?

But really, I agree with you on that I'd like to hear what Nixon was thinking when he voted for Bill Clinton. Seriously, if you're town, didn't it ever cross your mind that doing something like that would seem really scummy?
    Okay, well I'm happy that you responded!

Reagan, are you sure you aren't being a tad harsh? Roosevelt is inconsistent and flippy floppy, but I don't get bad vibes from him. I suppose we're entitled to opinions though, and I can't say he's acting like a great town right now.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Votecount

Theodore Roosevelt (1) - Ronald Reagan
    Richard Nixon (1) - FDR

Give me something better than inconsistent and flippy floppy to go on and I'll hear you out!

How about Jefferson, who has yet to answer the Roosevelts and I about our question regarding Clinton? You don't find that dodgy, Reagan?

I actually found it worse that you guys jumped on him right away for that. Why would a mafia ever say something like that?

Because sometimes people are spontaneous and don't think properly. If Jefferson is going to claim something like that, we will want an explanation, otherwise we could just be led into a trap.