Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 192933343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XIII: Game thread! - GAME OVER - Hail to the Town!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] John F. Kennedy View Post
    It's interesting that as soon as I bring this up, you guys all together to prove me wrong...
    I'm sorry, I thought we were entitled to defend ourselves? Not only that, but I didn't see us band together to disprove you. But that's your theory, innit? That we're distancing ourselves?

Holding on to a half-hour tie is pretty damn scummy when they end up on town. And you did hop on a bandwagon, almost insantly with each other, pulling Teddy with you! And guess what? He was the Mafia leader!
    So you're saying if we jumped straight on Teddy we would look innocent? Not jumping on Teddy doesn't make us scum, it makes us cautious. You can't assume we all have the same suspicions either.

Changing votes is normal and in fact, to some degree, preferable. Some positive logic could easily sway a vote, and not changing when significant evidence in front of you is foolish. I'm not saying there was significant evidence for Eisenhower, but I'm only bringing that up.
    There's a good point, not changing your vote when significant evidence is present is foolish. But what if you don't think the evidence is significant? You can't assume all our minds work the same way as yours does. There's nothing to say our suspicions are better or worse than yours.

I have a little theory. I think JFK is somewhat right in his theory. I think that this "Trio of Evil" actually does contain mafia, but it also contains town. In my opinion, only one of us is mafia.

If one of us is lynched and turns up scum, the other two will look like scum too. JFK had no real reason to lump us in together. My opinion is that JFK is scum.

##VOTE: John F. Kennedy

Ok, just got home and now I have to go out again...
    But it's great to hear the last night went well!

I'll read what I can while I can, but I doubt I'll be contributing today. Which is also great that I have a replacement!!

Sorry, that's partner, not replacement

Good try Reagan, if I had more time I would love to comment on every aspect of what you said, but unfortunately I am unable. I will say this though - you have got the wrong end of the stick, and I will refuse to allow you to think I am mafia.

First, my vote yesterday was not a mafia ploy. If I was Mafia, our number one priority would be to save Roosevelt because he was a Leader, and there was still ample opportunity to save him. I sealed his fate when I voted for him, and you cannot say that would be a Mafia like move. I honestly thought Roosevelt was innocent throughout day one, and through the first half of day two I still failed to see any decisive evidence. It was the final stalemate yesterday where I saw where people were coming from, but I had to make the vote because it would give us some good information either way. Roosevelt was an important player because of the interaction he had. If he was town, it would be disappointing, but it would give us a good indication of who could have been Mafia, or it could of at least given us some vital suspicions. But no, he was Mafia, and I think voting for him was a brilliant move, and if you seek to lynch me for that then you need to rethink.

Connections? No. I did not directly defend Roosevelt at any point, but I will admit to giving hints. This was not to save Roosevelt, but to make sure the town were aware they were sure of lynching him. I did not want the town to lynch Roosevelt because of his less advanced play style, and I needed people to make sure they had looked at the other aspects of him. If I had such connections with Roosevelt though, I wouldn't of let him get into that trouble Day 1, and I certainly would of assured his safety earlier yesterday. Maybe things between us looked odd, but nobody can play a good game without trial and error. I feel as if you are making a bigger deal out of this than necessary, and I hope you re-evaluate your suspicions.

And that was just a quick five minute statement before I go off to do something. I can come back later and prove you more wrong, if you wanted.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

That was actually a decent defense, Lincoln. I'm not so sure if I'll be voting for you today after all, and that pretty much means that I'm all out of suspects for Day 2. While I don't know who my enemies are, I think I do know who my friends are. I'm pretty sure Reagan is town, as he was the second vote for Roosevelt. Without a second vote, a single vote is pretty useless, so that was a big step up for that bandwagon. I think I would like to test Reagan's theories today.

##Unvote: Lincoln
    ##Vote: FDR

I'm still suspicious of some of the ones who voted Jefferson, mind you.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Andrew Jackson View Post
    Alright JFK. If I may ask a hypothetical question.

You have a gun, one bullet. When you shoot someone, they die. Myself, Lincoln and Obama are all dead, everyone else is alive. Who would you kill? Also assume that the town would not know you killed this person and it was a random night action.
    I'd kill Bill or Nixon, both are inactive. Do what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] FDR View Post
    First, my vote yesterday was not a mafia ploy. If I was Mafia, our number one priority would be to save Roosevelt because he was a Leader, and there was still ample opportunity to save him. I sealed his fate when I voted for him, and you cannot say that would be a Mafia like move.
    There was four minutes left when you voted for him and at that time he already had a 4-3 lead over Jefferson. Since you had already voted for Jefferson you could not have forced a tie. Therefore your vote on him turned out to be irrelevant.

hmmm I seem to be in a bit of a difficult situation here.
    I do not know if I was replaced or partnered. The fact taht I am now posting makes me think I was partnered hah!

anyway, the real problem here is that I disagree with myself

My partner has appeared to vote for Lincoln because of his vote towards Jefferson (for being all crazy like) apparently contradicted the beliefs he had put forward about Clinton (because Clinton was being all crazy like too)

But they were acting differently, Clinton was just role playing and being stupid (on day one), whereas Jefferson was confusing and distracting, no one knew what he was doing (which lead to the suspicion of jester and mafia claiming jester).

I think Lincoln wasn't totally wrong in his vote for Jefferson that day, he was a distracting player that wasn't helping the Town, because he was infact Self-Centered.

Of everyone I see JFK and FDR as the sus ones.

JFK seems to be gunning wildly for his 'Evil Trio' thing there, sure it could be a good idea, but it is a bit of a stretch and I would put an idea like that forward, but not use it as my basis of accusation. Obama made some good points above that I am too tired to repeat...

and FDR, you seem too organised with what your ideas and what you have to say, there's all that Reagan said (again, too tired to copy) and then your five minute statement that seemed far too official and planned out. Yes, you did put the final nail in teddy's coffin, but was it really needed? You also put the final nail in on day one too. Seems like a good move to avoid suspicion by saying that you were the one to make that final move...
    finally
    (yes I am still tired, but this was really worth noting)

Quote Originally Posted by [M] FDR View Post
    Connections? No. I did not directly defend Roosevelt at any point, but I will admit to giving hints. This was not to save Roosevelt, but to make sure the town were aware they were sure of lynching him. I did not want the town to lynch Roosevelt because of his less advanced play style, and I needed people to make sure they had looked at the other aspects of him.
    Why would you test the town to make sure they didn't lynch Roosevelt because of his less advanced play style? He didn't seem all that amateur to me, I usually find that new players are much less talkative (this is purely going from what I saw in his gameplay I don't know how bert or liz have played previously). Also, why wouldn't you just say your thoughts to the town?? Rather than hinting that someone you must have thought was mafia, wasn't, in order to test the town?

Seems rather odd to me.
    Also a nicely written out scapegoat for what seems to be all your suspicious actions. Quite suspicious in itself.

Anyway, I would like to vote, but I don't know who wears the trousers in this partnership.
    Instead, I'd like to encourage you guys to take in what I have said and that my partner read this post and possibly rethink and explain his/her vote. I might vote later, depends if I get on hah!

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote Count

Barack Obama (1) - JFK
    Abraham Lincoln (1) - John Adams, George W. Bush
    FDR (2) - Ronald Reagan, John Adams
    Taft (1) - Nixon
    JFK (1) - Barack Obama

Not voting
    Bill Clinton, Andrew Jackson, Taft, FDR, Abraham Lincoln, George Bush Sr.

Day 3 ends at 4 PM EST, which is about 4 hours from now.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ronald Reagan View Post
    Alright JFK. If I may ask a hypothetical question.

You have a gun, one bullet. When you shoot someone, they die. Myself, Lincoln and Obama are all dead, everyone else is alive. Who would you kill? Also assume that the town would not know you killed this person and it was a random night action.
    Who would you kill? Still don't like me, my friend?
    Already answered the second question Mr. Reagen. most of the post is cut out for the sake of saving space.

Hence my day 2 vote, which was for Reagan, who I found to be the most likely to be mafia. Now I have relooked at his posts yet again, and I think I was wrong about him, and I'm paranoid so I look into everything and mixed up his play style with scum tactics. So I made a mistake and overthought his post. Nobody is perfect, I admit it.
    As to your first question, as of right now I would knock out Taft. Where did he go? I miss his mustache.

I am adding a +1 vote to all the novote people. Just to see where the vote count is after the +1 no vote rule. Also I reordered the votes so the highest is on top. Majority lynch is 6.

Vote Count (Expanded)

FDR (3) - Ronald Reagan, John Adams + novote
    Abraham Lincoln (2) - John Adams, George W. Bush + novote
    Taft (2) - Nixon + novote
    Barack Obama (1) - JFK
    JFK (1) - Barack Obama
    Clinton(1) - + novote
    Jackson(1) - + novote
    Bush Sr(1) - + novote

Not voting

Bill Clinton, Andrew Jackson, Taft, FDR, Abraham Lincoln, George Bush Sr.

Go ahead, lynch me. You'll be the real losers. I have absolutely nothing to hide, and you're all falling for Reagan's trap. He is trying to control you like puppets, and if you want to vote me, one of the most important members of town off, then I have no problem. I am one of the most honest and fair people here. When I make a mistake, I gratefully accept corrections, and when I am called out I reply calmly and helpfully. Go on lynch me, I'm town, and a townie doesn't care about himself, a townie cares about the town.

But there is one thing, and that is Reagan. Reagan is manipulative, and blindly following him will lead to your loss. If I go down today, I'm not leaving without facing up to Reagan. Come on Reagan, give me all you got, because I will go to any length to prove my innocence.

Vote history time! All dead people are colored by alignment.
    Day 1 Voting
    FDR - Jefferson
    Reagan - Lincoln
    Adams - Clinton
    Jefferson - Eisenhower
    Adams - Teddy
    Obama - Eisenhower
    W. Bush - Taft
    Clinton - Obama
    Eisenhower - Teddy
    Reagan - Clinton
    FDR - Clinton
    Teddy - Clinton
    Carter - Clinton
    Taft - Clinton
    Bush Sr. - Clinton
    Reagan - Teddy
    Jackson - Eisenhower
    Carter - Teddy
    Nixon - Clinton
    Lincoln - Eisenhower
    Teddy - Eisenhower
    Eisenhower - Clinton
    FDR - Eisenhower
    Day 2
    Jefferson - FDR
    FDR - Nixon
    Reagan - Teddy
    FDR - Jefferson
    Adams - Teddy
    Teddy - Nixon
    Bush Sr. - Clinton
    Jefferson - Clinton
    Lincoln - Jefferson
    Obama - Jefferson
    Taft - Jefferson
    Reagan - Teddy
    Taft - Nixon
    Reagan - Jackson
    Reagan - Teddy
    Jackson - Reagan
    Obama - W
    Clinton - JFK
    W - Teddy
    Jefferson - Teddy
    Jefferson - Clinton
    Jefferson - Teddy
    Teddy - Jefferson
    FDR - Teddy

But there is one thing, and that is Reagan. Reagan is manipulative, and blindly following him will lead to your loss. If I go down today, I'm not leaving without facing up to Reagan. Come on Reagan, give me all you got, because I will go to any length to prove my innocence.
    Excuse me sir, Reagan is putting a case against you. But saying he's manipulative? I'm thinking just presenting a case. And blindly following him? One other person voted for you. Otherwise it was a novote for yourself. That is hardly us following him. Paranoid much?

Excuse me sir, Reagan is putting a case against you. But saying he's manipulative? I'm thinking just presenting a case. And blindly following him? One other person voted for you. Otherwise it was a novote for yourself. That is hardly us following him. Paranoid much?
    I was not suspicious at all before the case was made, and now I'm being voted for without a chance to defend myself. Reagan says something, and other follow without giving me any opportunity to explain.