Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2737414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Mafia XIII: Game thread! - GAME OVER - Hail to the Town!

Hmmm, it seems I am too tired to wait any longer for the amazing thing to happen, so I guess I will go with my inkling that it is daddy.

##Vote1: George Bush Sr.

I doubt I will be on in time to change this vote, but I've got a partner out there somewhere and he can make changes if anything pops up.
    I have also decided that it'd be fair to let him/her decide the second vote, that way we're both happy and then there's also the fact I have no idea for a second vote

Goodnight

Ok, FDR has his 6 votes. I didn't want to work on my second vote until I knew what FDR's role was. Washington didn't bother to answer my question that if we get a majority lynch it happens right away. Obviously whether or not we see FDR's role is vital to who we decide to vote for in our second lynch.

I'm guessint the Martyr was added as a 'pro town' role. But I don't see it that way at all. It pretty much guarantees we get a townie in one of the lynches. The mafia wouldn't be dumb enough to get two of their members voted out at once. The town goes in blind for every vote they make. Forcing us to vote twice just makes us extra blind. So I'm hoping we can get this bit of information since we have the majority lynch on FDR. Not to mention the fact that inorder to activate this role a pro-town has to die. It's a fun idea, I'm just saying it's not really the best thing for the town.

I'm saying this because we need to start thinking about what pro-town roles are in play. All we know so far is that we have a doctor. There is most likely an investigative role too but we haven't heard peep from them yet. If Boko considers the Martyr as a pro town role, then that makes 3 and that might be it. But I wouldn't count out one more. Whatever it is, it hasn't come to light yet.

I never thought Clinton was mafia, besides during the day 1 nonsense. I didn't think the mafia would try to quickly vote out one of their own on day 1, but I could be wrong about that. It would make for an interesting strategy, and I would definitely have given less consideration to voting out Teddy and FDR after that.

The other people I'd consider right now are Taft and Bush Sr. Bush Sr. only if FDR flips scum.

I habe to go back to work, and IE is a pain and deleted the post I made because it didn't want to load the page. =/

All I have time for is the vote I made. I'll try and type up the post again later if I have time!

##Vote1: Taft

I feel like dead weight next to my awesome partner! W2's vote goes to Obama because he seems to be saying a lot while not actually saying anything at all.

##Vote2: Obama

Farewell.
    Last edited by [M] Anise; 03-27-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Looks like I forgot to vote earlier.

##Vote1: FDR

I have no preference who to vote for as Vote2, so I'll leave that up to my partner if he gets here on time.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Votecount

FDR (7) - Reagan, Nixon, Taft, George Bush Sr., Barack Obama, JFK, John Adams
    Clinton (2) - George Bush Sr., Barack Obama, JFK
    John Adams (1) - Bill Clinton
    Taft (2) - Bill Clinton, Andrew Jackson
    George Bush Sr. (1) - George W. Bush
    Barack Obama (1) - George W. Bush

So are we getting FDR's role before we make the second lynch or what?

There's absolutely no case against me whatsoever.

Clinton, I think you're town. But you're also a very mistaken member of the town. I honestly cannot even begin to fathom how you came to the conclusion that I am mafia based on that. You yourself say your theory is crazy - I agree! I had suspicions about the color of FDR's role and so I asked Adams about his. There's nothing more to it than that. I WILL vote for you in order to save myself, but I'd rather both of us survived, so I'm asking you not to force me to do that.

Now, someone who has very much earned my suspicion Andrew Jackson for voting for me - right after Obama and Clinton expressed doubts - for absolutely no reason at all. Yeah, you might type up a post later, how very convienient. I'm gonna take a long hard look at you and see what other crap you've tried to pull.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Well, I think that bill needs to post more, but he isn't suspicious to me...

Taft seems pretty medium to me...

I don't really think FDR would say that he protected a fellow mafian when he is so close to death, but I could be wrong. George Sr. is also pretty medium to me...

Overall, I think George is the most suspicious and so I will vote for him because I don't think I would be back from school in time...

And now that I looked, I think people who hesitated in voting for Lincoln would be Mafia because they had to think it through, they are FDR and Sr.

##Vote2: George Bush Sr.

Wacko Jacko -

Firstly, as I have already mentioned, that bizarre hit-and-run vote on me out of nowhere was, in my opinion, ridiculously scummy.

Made a huge deal about how high posters are often mafia and then got into some confusing mess about how they weren't always mafia when called on it. Interesting that Jackson had made a small amount of posts - trying to do the exact opposite of what they thought would be perceived to be mafia.

Now, a common theme with Andy here is playing it safe. Trying to appear helpful, trying to make it seem that they have the towns best interests at heart, without actually providing anything substantial that nobody can argue against - who can fault criticism of inactives? Well, I can and will! Fluff posts stating basic things are always suspicious to me.

Like FDR, did a useless color chart which offered no analysis whatsoever. Thanks for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko
    Important message!
    ALL INACTIVE PLAYERS! GET ACTIVE, POST MORE AND STOP LURKING! WE ARE ALMOST INTO DAY 5, AND AS THE TOWN GETS SMALLER, YOUR SILENCE MAKES THE MAFIA'S JOB EASIER. SO IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING SAID BY ANYONE, PLEASE SPEAK UP!
    Important message!
    THANKS, GOLDENBOKO.

Another common theme with ol' Jackie Brown is this. He's said it more than once.
    make of this as you will.
    Stop saying this already! How about you show us what you make of it for a change instead of waiting to see what other people think and reacting to it?

Here's my favorite AJ quote, and I do hope you like it as much as I do.
    Whoever has an investigative role. Make of all three days as you choose to, and no matter what, make your choice as you feel is correct.
    Combines Jackson's favorite things: A fruity new variation of the catchphrase, and fluff. Hey, investigative roles? Investigate who you think is bad! Yeah, thanks. I think the cop could have figured that one out themselves. I don't know how many more times I can say "Trying to appear helpful when not being helpful at all" without getting bored, but it's not a lot!

Now, this is the crunch. Had a "Big 3" of Reagan, Teddy, and FDR. I have already said that I think Reagan is Town and FDR is mafia, and I am confident of my opinions, so I will be working on the idea that this is town, mafia, mafia. Jackson earns some innocence points for this. I will admit, this has stopped me in my tracks when a vote would ordinarily be very easy to make.

Why would a mafia do such a thing? It's feasible that a mafia member would name two of their team mates to distance themselves. In fact, it is a very good and clever move. Likewise, if you are town, it's very good to spot two mafia members!

So what confuses me is why has a good player been making such amateurish moves? Or maybe you have just got lucky? I don't know. What throws me even harder is that you have backed off FDR today, when if you were a mafia member sacrificing him, you'd be all over that right now. But on the other hand, perhaps your mafia team mates are the brains of the operation, thought of the overall strategy and you're just the lackey carrying it out. I really don't know.

I have thought about it, and although there are some confusing issues, this is my only course of action.

##vote2: Andrew jackson

In conclusion:
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Jackson
    Rushing votes is a bad way to play.
    Uh...Andrew? Hate to be the one to break it to you, but, uh...

Good stuff by Taft. Some of it had already come to my attention but I sort of lost sight of it with the doctor roleclaims and multiple lynches.

Of the three Jackson mentioned, he decided to go after and vote for me. Of course once we got Teddy out he changed his tune since I was one of the main people voting for Teddy.

After Teddy went down I've found Jackson to be a little more helpful. So I've left him alone for the time being. Since I don't think we'll be getting FDR's result before we make the second lynch I will have to look at the information we have and make a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Taft View Post
    Wacko Jacko -
    Tafty Wafty ~

Made a huge deal about how high posters are often mafia and then got into some confusing mess about how they weren't always mafia when called on it. Interesting that Jackson had made a small amount of posts - trying to do the exact opposite of what they thought would be perceived to be mafia.
    I said that it would be good to look at the people who are posting a lot, because the mafia have one goal. Not get lynched. So they have to get suspicion off of themselves and onto another town member. I don't post a lot because I have school and work for school.
    Now, a common theme with Andy here is playing it safe. Trying to appear helpful, trying to make it seem that they have the towns best interests at heart, without actually providing anything substantial that nobody can argue against - who can fault criticism of inactives? Well, I can and will! Fluff posts stating basic things are always suspicious to me.
    Yah, there is nothing substatial about the above thing you quoted from me.
    Like FDR, did a useless color chart which offered no analysis whatsoever. Thanks for that.
    All for you. Happy Birthday Taft!
    Important message!
    ALL INACTIVE PLAYERS! GET ACTIVE, POST MORE AND STOP LURKING! WE ARE ALMOST INTO DAY 5, AND AS THE TOWN GETS SMALLER, YOUR SILENCE MAKES THE MAFIA'S JOB EASIER. SO IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING SAID BY ANYONE, PLEASE SPEAK UP!
    Important message!
    THANKS, GOLDENBOKO.
    Why did you have to quote that?
    Another common theme with ol' Jackie Brown is this. He's said it more than once.
    Stop saying this already! How about you show us what you make of it for a change instead of waiting to see what other people think and reacting to it?
    It means to think for yourself. Again following one person is a bad idea, no matter who that person is.
    Whoever has an investigative role. Make of all three days as you choose to, and no matter what, make your choice as you feel is correct.
    Combines Jackson's favorite things: A fruity new variation of the catchphrase, and fluff. Hey, investigative roles? Investigate who you think is bad! Yeah, thanks. I think the cop could have figured that one out themselves. I don't know how many more times I can say "Trying to appear helpful when not being helpful at all" without getting bored, but it's not a lot!
    Again, think for yourself, and don't just listen to everyone else.
    Now, this is the crunch. Had a "Big 3" of Reagan, Teddy, and FDR. I have already said that I think Reagan is Town and FDR is mafia, and I am confident of my opinions, so I will be working on the idea that this is town, mafia, mafia. Jackson earns some innocence points for this. I will admit, this has stopped me in my tracks when a vote would ordinarily be very easy to make.
    Ah, the concession. this is the piece that makes an attack strongest, by saying there is a piece of doubt in your mind.
    Why would a mafia do such a thing? It's feasible that a mafia member would name two of their team mates to distance themselves. In fact, it is a very good and clever move. Likewise, if you are town, it's very good to spot two mafia members!
    Well, you complimented me, so thanks.
    So what confuses me is why has a good player been making such amateurish moves? Or maybe you have just got lucky? I don't know. What throws me even harder is that you have backed off FDR today, when if you were a mafia member sacrificing him, you'd be all over that right now. But on the other hand, perhaps your mafia team mates are the brains of the operation, thought of the overall strategy and you're just the lackey carrying it out. I really don't know.
    Yeah, here is my chain of thought on FDR.
    FDR is suspicious, posting a lot and the like.
    Doctor claim. I'll wait it out to see what happens
    Counter Claim. This is getting interesting.
    Sleepy Time.
    FDR Debunked.
    FDR has 5 votes. He is dead. A vote on him is pretty much wasted now
    In conclusion:
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Jackson
    Rushing votes is a bad way to play.
    Uh...Andrew? Hate to be the one to break it to you, but, uh...
    You made my case against me for you. thanks. Look at all the fun stuff I pulled out of that post. You don't like Fluff Taft, so lets pull that right not now. As well as pulling out the concession, so we can see only the real attack.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Taft, without all his own fluff View Post

Firstly, as I have already mentioned, that bizarre hit-and-run vote on me out of nowhere was, in my opinion, ridiculously scummy.

Another common theme with ol' Jackie Brown is this.
    How about you show us what you make of it for a change instead of waiting to see what other people think and reacting to it?

Combines Jackson's favorite things: A fruity new variation of the catchphrase, and fluff. Hey, investigative roles? Investigate who you think is bad! I think the cop could have figured that one out themselves.

Why would a mafia do such a thing? It's feasible that a mafia member would name two of their team mates to distance themselves. In fact, it is a very good and clever move.

So what confuses me is why has a good player been making such amateurish moves? Or maybe you have just got lucky? I don't know. What throws me even harder is that you have backed off FDR today. But on the other hand, perhaps your mafia team mates are the brains of the operation, thought of the overall strategy and you're just the lackey carrying it out. I really don't know.

I have thought about it, and although there are some confusing issues, this is my only course of action.

##vote2: Andrew jackson
    I just took out the direct chunks. Taft has also said things that are quite wordy, and wordiness is the fluff that is the most dangerous. Taft, a good attack on me would have no fluff at all, especially if you are attacking about Fluff. Best two pieces are the colored post link and the inactive call. Those had nothing to do with the attack.

So to close this post which is way too long already, Taft made the move I was hoping for. The really drawn out attack. With plenty of cushioning to make it look really pretty.

Oh yeah, forgot to add this.

Taft, that vote for you was provoking an attack.
    I was very happy that you were going to look into by post.
    By looking at your attack, I could see if you truly thought I was scum and you are simply town, or simply trying to scrap together a lynch on an innocent.

Your response leads me to think you are simply Mafia trying to throw suspicion on me, a Town member. Why?

1) The fluff to make it really long. Long posts = good argument on EoFF.

2) Concession. You claimed that you have a couple doubts. So when i flip Town, you don't look too bad. you can look back and say well I said there were other possibilities!

Ok these are just going to be random thoughts so sorry if it doesn't seem organized. No one person is in my sights here, but the three I was looking at the most were: Jackson, Bush Sr., and Taft.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Theodore Roosevelt View Post
    Obama seems suspicious. Presidential stuff? :rolleyes2

also taft has said very little in the way of his suspicions. but does that mean we need to go and lynch him right away? I think not.
    Teddy defending Taft. Also Teddy suspecting Obama. This is from day 1 so I don't think this was a planned deception by Teddy, but it could have been.
    I won't take the vote that was placed on me seriously for obvious reasons mentioned by W.

Excuse me for following the Presidential bandwagon (see what I did there?) but I'm going to have to place my vote on Clinton. I can understand a few nonsensical posts, but I think you may have gotten yourself looking scummy and it doesn't look like anything you do in the next 60 minutes can save you.

##Vote: Bill Clinton
    Taft's bandwagon post. It seems far fetched that three mafia would all bandwagon at once (Teddy, FDR, Taft).
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] FDR View Post
    I believe Taft also bandwagoned, am I right?
    FDR said this when people started suspecting Teddy. So if FDR turns scum like we all think, this may clear Taft as FDR would want the suspicions to go to Taft instead of Teddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Andrew Jackson View Post
    Ike, just for reference, lets look at posts in this thread so far.

[M] Dwight D. Eisenhower 35
    [M] FDR 19

Those are the two top posters. The more you fuss, the more attention you bring yourself. If you truly want us to think you're innocent you wouldn't try to snip at any and every comment. That makes you suspicious, frantic. To me, it seems like you're digging a deeper hole for yourself.
    I really hate the most posts in the thread = suspicious argument. Not sure if this makes Jackson mafia though.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] George Bush Sr. View Post
    I really don't see the problem with FDR. Maybe I'm just overlooking something, but it looks to me like he's just smart. *shrugs* I don't see a problem with keeping an eye out, but don't you think a vote for him this quick is a bit hasty?
    Bush Sr. defending FDR. If FDR is scum this makes him look even worse.
    How about Jefferson, who has yet to answer the Roosevelts and I about our question regarding Clinton? You don't find that dodgy, Reagan?
    Bush Sr. trying to get me to look more at Jefferson and forget about Teddy.
    I don't really understand the big fuss over Teddy. If anything we should worry more about Reagan. In eoff member mafia #2, a similar relationship occured, only it was Del Murder vs Neo Tifa. Del got everyone to lynch Neo Tifa and she turned out to be town, whereas Del turned out to be godfather. I'm starting to think Reagan is pulling similar here, so I'm keeping my eye on him.

Teddy sounds more thoughtful than anything. That could be me missing out on something in the posts, but I'll need to see more action before I say anything more.
    More love for Teddy from Bush Sr.
    Yeah, the role of survivor really is the only one that makes any kind of sense.

Alright, I'm giving up on Clinton. I still say he's a bit fishy because of his lack of anything of importance period to say, but it's not enough, to be honest.
    He says he's giving up on Clinton but he keeps mentioning him and voting for him (see below).
    I'll be honest, Reagan is making pretty good points against you, Lincoln.

Nixon, what do you think? I don't believe you've ever told us who you believe is scum yet.
    Honestly, I thought my stuff on Lincoln was pretty weak, which is why I didn't vote for him (until he pulled his little stunt). I only went ahead with it because I had already started and I wanted to see the reaction.
    You know what guys? I KNOW I said I'd back off of Clinton but damn, ever since I stopped getting on him about his posting he hasn't been here, and otherwise, I'm just completely torn on everythin'

##Vote: Clinton

Probably another waste of vote but really, it's all I've got for now, other than a vote for Taft who has been even quieter than Clinton. But, we'll see.
    Says he's giving up on Clinton but here's another vote for him.