Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131727 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XIII: Game thread! - GAME OVER - Hail to the Town!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Barack Obama View Post
    or if I get stuck in some backwater place with reversed time zones (Australia).
    The Australian P.M is visiting you, and you have the balls to say that

##Vote: Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by [M] George Washington View Post
    Maybe if you weren't so quick to try and correct me you'd notice I edited it in before you posted. Doucher

Be back later in the day~
    Still got Barack Obama's and George W. Bush's vote the wrong way around

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Thomas Jefferson View Post
    Oh wait, you do have some hair there in the back of your head. You're still the baldest, though.
    At least I don't wear a wig for it to seem otherwise.

Oh my, it seems I have the most votes! What ever shall I do?

I will vote for Theodore Roosevelt, I get the impression he is trying to lead us on to the impression he is active and contributing, when he actually did the least of both.

##Vote-Theodore Roosevelt

Eisenhower, what do you mean? He hasn't really said anything yet besides a small opinion about a vote. I don't see how he is trying to show that he is contibuting...

I have a confession to make. I did have sexual relations with that woman, and I damn well enjoyed it! But can you really blame me? Just look at Hillary. I only married her because her daddy held a shotgun to my head.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] John Adams View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dwight D. Eisenhower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] John Adams View Post
    No point in getting inactives in Day 1. If there's any they'll be replaced in the morning.

The most important thing today is to stimulate discussion instead of being silent smurfers. So yeah, even if Reagan is dead wrong, I think he's doing the right thing.

##Vote: Bill Clinton
    Why Bill?
    Oh, no reason at all. Not even the reason he figured it would be himself, I just picked him randomly.

I think today I will go for someone who's trying to sneak past Day 1 with little activity, I'll call them lurkers for now. Not someone who's completely inactive though, as those will be replaced. Lurkers are just as likely to be mafia and I want to give the loudmouths a little more time speaking so I can figure out if they're good or bad. I can't do that with lurkers.

I'll go for Theodore Roosevelt for now, the day isn't that close to ending so that might change. He confirmed and he has stuck around a bit, but hasn't shared his suspicions yet.

##UNVOTE:
    B. Clinton
    ##VOTE:
    T. Roosevelt

I find it hard to have many suspicions this early on. I need to see a few trends first to really feel comfortable putting a name out there.

Eisenhower is bugging me. His vote on Roosevelt is just to save his skin, and that seems odd seeing as he seems bent on contribution. Perhaps instead of panic voting, it would be wiser to look at other members and provide your opinion on them? Asking for contribution but not providing much is scummy, but there must be more reasons to lynch than that.

Not to say I'm not suspicious of Roosevelt though. I will keep my eye on you.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bill Clinton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Barack Obama View Post
    or if I get stuck in some backwater place with reversed time zones (Australia).
    The Australian P.M is visiting you, and you have the balls to say that

##Vote: Barack Obama
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] George Washington View Post
    Maybe if you weren't so quick to try and correct me you'd notice I edited it in before you posted. Doucher

Be back later in the day~
    Still got Barack Obama's and George W. Bush's vote the wrong way around
    I have a confession to make. I did have sexual relations with that woman, and I damn well enjoyed it! But can you really blame me? Just look at Hillary. I only married her because her daddy held a shotgun to my head.
    I don't mean to be a bore, but maybe some more useful points would be nice.

Obama seems suspicious. Presidential stuff? :rolleyes2

also taft has said very little in the way of his suspicions. but does that mean we need to go and lynch him right away? I think not.
    Last edited by [M] Eizen; 03-23-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] FDR View Post
    Eisenhower is bugging me. His vote on Roosevelt is just to save his skin, and that seems odd seeing as he seems bent on contribution. Perhaps instead of panic voting, it would be wiser to look at other members and provide your opinion on them? Asking for contribution but not providing much is scummy, but there must be more reasons to lynch than that.
    I disagree with most of that. If I was in the lead votewise I'd do the same thing. Saving your skin is a perfectly acceptable move by a town player. It was a little too early to do that but it doesn't seem odd to me.

Quoting people throwing out random votes and asking why is what I meant by trying too hard. Trying to hard to look like you are trying. The earliest votes are random, plain and simple. But I hesitate to vote for someone who is actually stimulating discussion, which Ike is doing.

I was going to make a post similar to FDR's latest one. Clinton has just been joking around and not doing much of anything worthwhile. The other active players are at least trying to form opinions. Clinton may be trying to get his posts in without getting on anyone's radar. Let's try this and see where it goes.

#Unvote: Lincoln
    #Vote: Clinton

I understand, but there is still time left in the day. I suppose it is a clash of opinions more than anything else though.

I agree that I think Clinton is trying to make some posts and stay under the radar but I'm still not sure how feel about him.

Voting to save your skin in this early stage of the day is not a very town-like move. If he had any reason at all to say that, however, then he may be voting to save his skin but at least he is trying to convince us. Eisenhower seems to be working alone, since he chose not to try to convince any of us. This is a bit of a stretch, but what if he is telling his mafia buddies what to do in the forum and not telling us what to do in this thread. Maybe he is only trying to convince his fellow mafians.

Hi all, I'm back. I notice that ol' Bill seems to be making some rather stupid posts. I understand that it's Day One and everything, but that isn't helping the town out a great deal. I'm not going to vote for a few more hours, but if I were to vote right now, it would be for Bill.