Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819202434 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XIII: Game thread! - GAME OVER - Hail to the Town!

I do think a vote this early is quick but, it may bring out his true colors.
    I also don't get bad vibes from FDR but then again I thought Eisenhower was mafia so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Theodore Roosevelt View Post
    ...at this point in time we need to start somewhere and focusing on one person may bring out their true colors.
    This kind of bugs me though, because it was said on day 1. Unless they're either a crap player or they're new, no one is going to crack on day 1 and "show their true colors." That's just how day 1 goes, it's a day for throwing votes around and prompting some discussion just to see what happens. Focusing in on one person is unnecessary unless you either a) know something we don't, or b) the person in question has said something absolutely positively scummy and believable.

Teddy saying what he said kind of sounds like a mafia ploy to me, trying to make an excuse for what he's doing. If it would have been said on, say, day 3 with only a couple of players left I could see why this technique would be used. However, circumstances make me want to question him for this.

However, it's too soon for me to tell. So, with that, I will read back more thoroughly and let y'all know what I think when I'm through!

That is very true. But you never know peole can mes up and if you can read between the lines, you can pick some information out. I don't mean that someone is going to come blatantly out just for having votes but, they may role claim or such and hopefully could be disproved. It's far too early to really get a good grasp of everyone since almost half the players are hardly posting

Alright, where are Taft and JFK? So far I haven't seen all that much activity out of them...

I was half kidding when I voted you FDR, you're awfully defensive xD

As long as we don't do something dumb like speed lynch then it's no big deal. I'll probably change it later, someone's bound to say something odd. Unless that person is you, then it won't be changed.

And, you make a good point, Teddy.

Come on guys. The posting on day 1 = mafia argument again? I'm not saying that there wasn't reason there, Laddy is suspicious no matter what role he has, but let's come up with some better reasoning.

I'm still suspicious of Teddy. Here's why. I wish I had time to post this yesterday because I think we could have spared poor Ike.
    ##Vote: Bill Clinton.

I'm going to go with Bill also. I think Reagen is on to something.
    I think it's good to bandwagon at this point. If Bill is mafia he's going to try and do something. this way we can sort of flush him out I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ronald Reagan View Post
    Teddy, that was a foolish thing to say. Also, it's quite clear that part of the reason you voted Clinton was to save your own butt. While this is a reasonable action for a town or a maifa, you didn't even mention it. Mafia are more likely to try to save their hide without trying to seem like they are!
    We can't spend the entire day dicking around. There's going to be a bandwagon and someone has to start it.

Someone has to go.

Reagan you're coming on a bit strong as well with your long posts... maybe you're the mafia trying to save your own hide.
    Notice how he originally says I was on to something but then turns on me once I vote for him. And how can I be trying to save my own hide when I hadn't been voted for or suspected at all yet? And we also see the posting = mafia argument, which is plain stupid. Next:
    I feel like he and reagen are following each other in votes to protect themselves or someone working with them

I could be completely wrong and they may be masons or something. But it seems scummy to me.

I was going to keep my vote on bill for self preservation but I felt that one of those two is scum and we need to get rid of them.
    Two things. One, Ike and I were obviously not working together since a VT doesn't know anything else about other roles. Second, he's all of a sudden using the self-preservation argument only after I mentioned it.

I voted for Clinton yesterday because his acting like a fool made me think he was trying to post without contributing. I don't suspect him now. Why? He had ample opportunity to change his vote to Ike to keep himself in the game, but he didn't. Also his posts after getting the heat put on seem sincere and don't appear panicky. Scum or not, he needs to post more.

Why was carter killed? Could have been random, or could be trying to kill off voters for Teddy setting up the Clinton lynch for today. Clinton is too obvious and we need to broaden our horizons.

I also suspect George W. He made a lone vote for Taft and didn't do much otherwise. Mafia tend to spread out their votes on day 1. We have at least 3 scum in a 16 person game, possibly 4. Only JFK didn't vote so its pretty likely that the mafia spread their votes between Clinton and Ike and possibly one other.

That's enough for now.

Since I think I've said enough on Teddy, I'm going to go through the posts from day one with the knowledge that there were to townies among them, and see what I notice about other people. Might be a while before I get back to this, but I'll have some time later to play.

*needs to up post count to keep the quota satisfied*

Well you do have a point about Teddy there, and same with George W.

Who do you suspect the most right now, Reagan? Obviously you hold something towards Teddy, but is there anyone else that comes to mind?

Well, get back to me on that when you've read through, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Da Main Man
    Accounts in play:
    Bill Clinton
    John Adams
    Andrew Jackson
    Taft
    George W. Bush
    Theodore Roosevelt
    Jimmy Carter - Innocent Bystander - Black Hole'd Night 1
    FDR
    Ronald Reagan
    Barack Obama
    Dwight D. Eisenhower - Innocent Bystander - Elephant Gunned Day 1
    Abraham Lincoln
    George Bush Sr.
    Richard Nixon
    John F. Kennedy
    Thomas Jefferson
    Alright this is the list so far.

Out of all of those mentioned, the following haven't posted all that much period:
    George W.
    JFK
    Nixon
    Obama

Out of those, Obama has posted the most. George W., Nixon, and JFK have posted a maximum of about 2-3 times each.

I'm not going to pin the inactives as mafians just yet, but we need to prod them into posting more so they can contribute so we can get a better general consensus of who needs to go next. Hopefully we'll actually get some scum this time

Also, if I recall, John Adams hasn't said much either.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't forget inactives will be replaced.

[quote='[M] Bill Clinton;2649353']
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] FDR View Post
    It's not too late yet, Bill. Personally, I wouldn't mind killing Eisenhower, mainly because I think he is more scummy than anybody else right now.

Just to make a point more obvious, I said this hours before the final lynch. I don't want people to think it was completely out of the blue.

Also, I do apologise for being defensive. It was the first vote against me, and that's enough to make anybody feel a little taken aback. I endorse voting earlier and looking for a final vote later, it makes more discussion and allows us to avoid non-voters.

John Adams, however, voted for Roosevelt and said he would come back later and re-evaluate, which he never did. All I want is for him to come back and say something about it, because it's scummy to not touch upon things such as that. It was close to affecting the final day result as well, which is not a good thing. I could forgive him because of timezones, but he is aware of the time in his area, and should of given us some warning if he would be unable to get back on.
    I will leave him for now though, as long as we get an explanation of some sort as to why he couldn't come.

Reagan seems to know what he's doing, and I think he will be a pivotal member to the town, if he is so aligned. However, the paranoid side of me says this could be a ploy, and Reagan is distancing himself from Roosevelt. I'm more inclined towards thinking it is genuine suspicion, but when playing a game such as this everything must be taken into account. I only bring Reagan up because he seems like a powerful player, which is good, as long as he's town.

Taft and Nixon seem like good ideas for an early vote though. Nixon's only contribution is an unexplained vote in the early stages, and Taft seems dodgy to me. He bandwagoned after Roosevelt did, and then promptly left. I feel these two may have been overlooked, and maybe we should focus, at this early stage on people like them.

I will vote Nixon, just because I want more activity from him, and he needs to sexplain his vote. I know inactives get replaced, but a mafia member could be inactive on purpose, and Nixon's sneaky vote could of been planted by the mafia. I will likely switch, but this is my best bet right now.

##Vote: Nixon.

I will watch and see what else unfolds before us. I am open to questions, for I have nothing to hide.

my main focus at the moment would be Clinton. I know I'm really riding him hard (lol) about his style of posting day 1 but I believe it to be some sort of ruse, and that just plain unsettles me. I can't say much for certain because hey, it's just the beginning of day 2 yet and there are only a couple of us really active in the thread right now. But I just can't help the vibe I get off of him.