Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 616202122232425262728293031323646 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XIII: Game thread! - GAME OVER - Hail to the Town!

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ronald Reagan View Post
    Nixon's story sounds ok but he still hasn't followed through with any of his
    promises to expand on his thoughts on the game. He doesn't need to go through the thread with a comb or quote a bunch of stuff but at least show that you are paying attention and trying to win.
    I didn't realize I made any promises. But I have done everything I said I was going to do.

Regardless, I understand. I should be more worried about figuring out who is Mafia than defending myself. Distracting Townies is a good way to win I suppose.

Then tell us what you think, you seem to be avoiding that.

Not saying the mafia must be inactive. I am saying that people seem to equate activity with being scum. Simply posting a lot does not make you scum. It is the quality not the quantity of the posts that matter.

It's true that sometimes the mafia take over the town and lead them astray, and this is something to watch out for. But saying 'this person is smart he might be a scum trying to decieve the town' is not a healthy way of going about Day 2. It's always something to keep in mind, but to right away go after the people who are contributing the most could potentially lead to losing good players. Why not wait and see what happens with these people? Rather than call them out right away, try to bait them or see if they get investigated. The smart vocal players are the most likely to be investigated, after all. They are also the most likely to get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Richard Nixon View Post
    I'm currently catching up on everything. I haven't had a lot of time, but I still plan of engaging in the conversation.
    He did just say he was going to "engage" in the conversation, which he did. However, everyone wants to hear more than what you've given us Nixon. Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Richard Nixon View Post
    I didn't realize I made any promises. But I have done everything I said I was going to do.

Regardless, I understand. I should be more worried about figuring out who is Mafia than defending myself. Distracting Townies is a good way to win I suppose.
    I asked you to elaborate on what things made you iffy on Teddy and you said 'all in good time' or something like that. That's all I meant. Don't be ashamed if you don't make 50 line posts. We just ask that you post a little more reasoning behind your thoughts.

I think you're (and by you're I mean Roosevelt didn't notice all you guys posting there) overly concerned with me. I understand trying to get to see what I'm gonna say. But, now you're just trying to pick me apart. I feel like you're trying to get Townies to vote against me. I could be wrong. I could be right.

Or it could be that Taft and Roosevelt there are in this together. I mean this "motivation" Taft was talking about could just be a ploy to trip me up and make me look like a bad guy. But what do I know?

I for one am not trying to pick you apart. The concern started when you just voted without saying anything. You'll have to understand that people would react badly to that. People are just looking for ideas because there is a lot out there right now. We haven't really settled on anything. In terms of votes I'm probably not voting for you today. In fact I have to make my final vote in the next few minutes because I'll be asleep when this ends.

At least you are participating more than W. or JFK. Just try to keep up as best you can.

My main suspicions of you were your vote and leave then it seemed like you were stalling after saying how you would review and get back and things of that nature. I still have my doubts about you, but honestly your stock is rising in my book for whatever it's worth.

Complements don't work on me. You're one my list. But I have no actually proof that you are Mafia. I could point out that you backed off awfully quickly, but that might just be because you don't want people to get the wrong idea of you. ;]

But, I'm fairly sure if you aren't Mafia and you do get Axed, then the tide will turn against me. For it may look like that I set you up. Ho ho ho. Let the games begin.

Time for me to go. Gonna stick with my original feeling and go with Teddy. It's between him and Jefferson. Teddy for the reasons I have posted already. Jefferson because he said he didn't think Clinton was guilty yet his vote is on Clinton. Also the roleclaim. But I'm inclined to believe that he was just giving up and it might be another wasted lynch. I guess the town will decide.

##Unvote: Jackson
    ##Vote: Teddy

I only said I suspect you less not that I don't suspect you at all

Reagen is still my number one considering how aggressive he is at pointing things out about everyone else. I dunno just seems scummy to me.

First off Reagan, in the past games the target of the cops haven't been the loudmouths, in fact those tend to be the least likely to be investigated. Well at first anyway.
    Not saying the mafia must be inactive. I am saying that people seem to equate activity with being scum. Simply posting a lot does not make you scum. It is the quality not the quantity of the posts that matter.

It's true that sometimes the mafia take over the town and lead them astray, and this is something to watch out for. But saying 'this person is smart he might be a scum trying to decieve the town' is not a healthy way of going about Day 2. It's always something to keep in mind, but to right away go after the people who are contributing the most could potentially lead to losing good players. Why not wait and see what happens with these people? Rather than call them out right away, try to bait them or see if they get investigated. The smart vocal players are the most likely to be investigated, after all. They are also the most likely to get killed.
    I’m not saying the more posts you have the more likely you’re scum. What I said was a loudmouth technique. You don’t have to have a massive amount of posts to make you a loudmouth. Quality vs quantity is right. Some loudmouths say more in their posts rather than many tiny posts.
    From the games I’ve played previously, Day 2 is the day to set up anything and everything. If you can get in the good graces of the town now you are set for a while. If you’re mafia, this means you’re more likely to be listened to. If you’re mafia, you’re more likely to get away with what you say in the future days. If you can’t start to make some judgments by day 2, you’re not paying attention.

Day 1 Voting
    FDR - Jefferson
    Reagan - Lincoln
    Adams - Clinton
    Jefferson - Eisenhower
    Adams - Roosevelt
    Obama - Eisenhower
    W. Bush - Taft
    Clinton - Obama
    Eisenhower - Roosevelt
    Reagan - Clinton
    FDR - Clinton
    Roosevelt - Clinton
    Carter - Clinton
    Taft - Clinton
    Bush Sr. - Clinton
    Reagan - Roosevelt
    Jackson - Eisenhower
    Carter - Roosevelt
    Nixon - Clinton
    Lincoln - Eisenhower
    Roosevelt - Eisenhower
    Eisenhower - Clinton
    FDR - Eisenhower

I bolded the final votes. Look for patterns. 15/16 voted so we know at least 2 mafia voted.

Patterns I see: The rush for Clinton started after I voted for him and it started quickly. I think someone in that group is a mafia. That group is: FDR, Carter, Roosevelt, Taft, Bush Sr.

I also think someone who voted for Eisenhower in the end is mafia. Those are: Jefferson, Obama, Jackson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, FDR.

Who are in common here? FDR and Teddy. FDR is smarter than Teddy, this much I know. I also got the sense that FDR has been defending Teddy in his posts. Go read some and tell me if you disagree. What saves FDR is that he was the deciding vote on day 1. Unless Clinton was mafia, which I don't think he is, the FDR would have no reason to stick his neck out there and vote for a town in a tie. Especially since I get the impression he is not new at this.

Teddy might be new at this. I admit I fail to consider that people sucking at this game doesn't necessarily make them mafia. Still all the evidence I can see points to him right now.

All I know is that Jefferson and Clinton are no where near my top suspects at the moment. I'd more likely go for Jackson, Lincoln, Obama, or W. because they have been flying low.
    This sent up a red flag for me. You are spaghetti plating good sir! And that is not the only time either! You just toss out a bunch of names and see who rises to defend themselves. Why should they? You just mentioned a bunch of people. It’s spaghetti plating, and makes me think you are not a good person Mr. Reagan.

Caught in the moment of the post. Forgot this part

##Vote: Ronald Reagen

I'm gonna try to post one more time tomorrow morning. I need some sleep.

Hope something magically unfolds in the middle of the night.

From the games I’ve played previously, Day 2 is the day to set up anything and everything. If you can get in the good graces of the town now you are set for a while. If you’re mafia, this means you’re more likely to be listened to. If you’re mafia, you’re more likely to get away with what you say in the future days. If you can’t start to make some judgments by day 2, you’re not paying attention.

The bold line has an error because Im a moron.

It should read
    From the games I’ve played previously, Day 2 is the day to set up anything and everything. If you can get in the good graces of the town now you are set for a while. If you’re town, this means you’re more likely to be listened to. If you’re mafia, you’re more likely to get away with what you say in the future days. If you can’t start to make some judgments by day 2, you’re not paying attention.

I am sorry for the typo. It's 1:30 here. I'm sleepy.