Thread: Questions

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Default Questions

I feel like a bit of an idiot asking these but ive just picked up the game again to try and get a lot of the stuff i missed so:
    Whats the relevence of Unes Mirror, Rats Tail etc. do you just have to sell them?
    How do you improve your Treasure Hunter rank?
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Une's Mirror and the Rat Tail etc are there to be bought then sold in order to get Excalibur for Steiner on Disc 4. But the names are also references to characters or other things in previous games in the series (below descriptions are taken from a useful FF website):

# Doga's Artifact can be bought at the auction in Treno. Doga is a character from FF3.
    # Une's Mirror can also be bought at the Treno auction. It is named after Dr. Unne from FF1 and Unei from FF3.
    # A Rat Tail can be bought at the auction in Treno. This was an important item in FF1 and a useful one in FF4.

To get your Treasure Hunter rank up you have to find all the Chocographs, all the Bubbles and Cracks - not sure what else.
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 03-22-2009 at 11:30 PM.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

oh ok then, thanks a lot

After you get Rank S, I believe you are given Excalibur from Giglamesh.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by licence View Post
    No, Excalibur is found in Daguerreo I believe, but it's not to do with Gilgamesh. Getting Rank S gets you a Key Item saying you're a Master Treasure Hunter or something, and Gilgamesh (who is unnamed at that point) tells you his name.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

Default RE: Questions

you have to buy the rat tail and the other items at the AH and sell them to the person who will buy them. From there some magical finger is up for buys so buyit and give it to a man in Dargeleo Library. He''ll give you Exacalibur.

Doing the Choco hot and cold helps the rank somuch as doing other side quests do.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

This is the only info I can find on raising your Treasure Hunter Rank, not sure how accurate it is:

Treasure Hunter Ranking is determined by a point system:

:: 1 point for every chest, searched Field icon, and item gained in event sequence, and every rare item purchased in the Treno Auction House (with the exception of Magical Fingertip and Pearl Rouge).
    :: 2 points for every chest found on the World Map while riding Choco. No points are awarded for items found while digging in the "Chocobo Hot and Cold" game or bought from Stiltzkin.
    It doesn't say how many points you need for each rank or anything.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

thanks guys
    i did some chocographs, and my rank went from H to D over the course of doing all the ones from the forest, so i must be on the right track there.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by licence View Post
    No, Excalibur is found in Daguerreo I believe, but it's not to do with Gilgamesh. Getting Rank S gets you a Key Item saying you're a Master Treasure Hunter or something, and Gilgamesh (who is unnamed at that point) tells you his name.
    Hmm yeah I think you've got it spot on. I knew Excalibur was in Daguerreo, just couldn't remember how to get it.