• Its an alright game, worth playing

9 17.65%
  • no it sucks

3 5.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chrono trigger GOOD/BAD???

Blog Entries

Default Chrono trigger GOOD/BAD???

I got this game when i bout the FFC package to get FFIV so i could play on my PS instead of on my GBA of SNES but anyways ive had it for almost a year now and i started playing in got about 15-30 min in and i stopped playing then the next day i got Final Fantasy XII and ive been getting other games since. Im currently beating SH3 and wonder do yall think I should go back and play it when im done whith silent hill.

I wona here some opinons on the game wether good or bad.

It has got to be one of the better RPG's released since it's debut. Definitely give it a play through. It is one of the more revered titles from Square.

Are you kidding?

Here's a list of a ton of reviews:

Chrono Trigger Reviews for SNES - GameFAQs

I counted 77.

Notice how many reviewers gave it 10 out of 10? I counted 60. So more than 2/3rds of those reviews gave it a perfect score. And that's a perfect score, not even counting people who gave it a 9/10. The lowest score I see there is 7/10, and only one person gave it that. That should tell you it's at least worth a try.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I consider it one of the greatest RPGs ever made. It raised the bar on what an RPG is, and many of the early PS1 titles were heavily influenced by it including a certain seventh installment to a certain series...

It has aged considerably well for a 16-bit RPG and for me at least; I feel there are very few titles released even today that can create as much of a joyous satisfaction as this title can. Its a bit slow at first and snow balls into awesome adventure with several possible outcomes.

one of the best games ever, glad it came back to Nintendo so we have the Zabie code back, the PSone port was terrible though i mean i literaly fell asleep a couple of times waiting for the fights to load, playing at 1am didn't help either though... if you can, play it on the DS since it has all the stuff the SNES & PSone versions have and no load times, and the translations better than what Woolsey did...
    Last edited by Elly; 03-28-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Anyone who calls Chrono Trigger a bad game has pretty much discredited his or her ability to evaluate a game. Last time I checked at Gamerankings it had a score of 95%, which was higher than any Final Fantasy title had (or maybe it was Metacritic, can't remember, but the point's the same). I'd say FFVI is better than it, but apart from that I can't really think of any other games in the same genre that compare.

Play it.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Play it. Right now.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

It's pretty good, but I don't claim it really that high, but you shouldn't listen to me because I'm just saying it because I'm frustrated that I can't beat the end boss or any of the secret bosses.

wow, here's a hint, Lavos is not the one in the middle, heh heh... good luck...

I love Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. I can't wait to buy CT DS and I really hope that one day they touch up CC and rerelease it for PSP or something (note: I said touch up not remake, pls).

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Chrono Trigger is pure win condensed into a single game.

Chrono Cross sucked though IMHO.

Cross was awesome, especialy if you caught all the referances to Trigger and understand that it's not a direct sequal, but rather a seperate story set in motion by the actions of the first on two different time lines that splintered off of the original Trigger time line due to the actions of the Chrono team... i too would love to see Cross touched up and ported to the PSP, i love Trigger on DS and believe it belongs on an oldschool feeling Nintendo System, but since Cross was designed on PSX then it's more comfortable on the PSP... also a port of Radical Dreamers would be awesome on the DS as it would be really comfortable to play while holding the DS bookstyle, text on one side, images on the other, maybe DSiWare can do something with that considering it was originaly a downloadable SNES game through the SatellaView system...

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

You'd better be playing it right now.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Lol thanx yall seem to think it is pretty good and if its said on EoFF its got to be true. im gona start playing it tonight.