Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite Aspects of FFVII

For those with attention deficiency disorders, here is a summarized snippet of the general ramblings for you to ponder over -

whoa, I didn't even know that censor was there. Go figure.

awesome thread
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

(Hey, wouldn't it be awesome if there was a FFVII trolling competition so I could get away with posts like this?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaskull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    The materia system was a stupid.

So, by FFVII being my favorite in the series, what have I done wrong? Why can't you let people like the games that they want?
    What have you done wrong? Firstly by buying the game you're encouraging Square to continue making this stuff. There was that tech demo for the PS3 a couple of years ago showing the FFVII opening all done up and nice and it's only a matter of time before they do the whole game this way, because it's a cash cow. Look at all the FFVII related crap they've brought out and made loads of money off? It's just exploiting the mass of idiots that continue to buy this stuff? There are better games out there and by this stuff being popular it just encourages them to rehash FFVII rather than making a new Chrono game. And I, for one, am sick of it and on the edge of my seat awaiting a signal to start a proletarian revolution against Square for being such cold hearted capitalists.

GrantTrainer: Woah, why you be trippin' on my rep, ho? Do you even know who you be dissin'? I be the EoFF badboi, comin' at you from the Final Fantasy VII forum. I is mixin' mad rhymes and servin' you some perspective pie mothersmurfers.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Currently Playing:
    STARCRAFT II: WINGS OF LIBERTY for PC

I like FF7 because its a very deep game, there are tons of sites out there they found tons of cool little facts by going through the game data with different programs. to me that is very interesting.

Default MY FAV THINGS ABOUT FF7

lets see there is alot to love about this game seeing as it was one of the first 3d games to come out on the ps...it had an amazing story but i think my fav part is when cloud tells the story of when sephiroth gose crazy and u go into this battle with a dragon and of course cloud is a panzy and get destroyed in one hit but sephiroth just juns up and with one hit kills it i always thought that was a cool
    [LSF](VOX)B-Random(WLD)[573]

Quote Originally Posted by Rain The Unknown View Post
    and of course cloud is a panzy and get destroyed in one hit but sephiroth just juns up and with one hit kills it i always thought that was a cool
    Then we end up realizing that Cloud owned Sephiroth in that period when he subdued him, ultimately making him fall to his "death" in the lifestream. It was only because of Jenova actually taking a liking to Sephiroth [for his craziness?] that she decided to save him.

Anyways, I don't really see the point in all the silly troll attempts, but trolling is best done when it's more subtle in my opinion. FF VII wasn't that bad to begin with. Granted, it certainly wasn't my favourite FF by any means [I think everyone here already knows all of my chief complaints about this thing], but I still think there are worse things out there. I don't really see the point in trolling the graphics of the game, considering this was in the early playstation era. Also, if Cloud were homosexual then I'd like him a lot more.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Khalin View Post
    Anyways, I don't really see the point in all the silly troll attempts, but trolling is best done when it's more subtle in my opinion. FF VII wasn't that bad to begin with.
    1) This was Heath's thread for the FFVII Troll Competition, that's why.
    2) Yes, trolling is better when subtle, which is why I almost dropped out of the competition.
    3) Soundtrack aside, yes it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    1) This was Heath's thread for the FFVII Troll Competition, that's why.
    Yeah I know that, but I just meant that I don't see the point in some of the overly-obvious trolling.

3) Soundtrack aside, yes it was.
    Haha, I actually didn't like the soundtrack very much, though there are some musics I like to keep on my Winamp list [I love Anxious Heart!]. Most of you have probably seen me go on and on with how much I hate about FF VII [poor characterization, excessive annoying mini-games, excessive ridiculous/unnecessary information, lack of crucial information due to censoring/poor translation/etc. I could actually go on for quite a long time talking about everything I hated in FF VII], and most people probably think I detest the game. Still, I think it had enough positive to make it enjoyable. There are certainly worse games out there that deserve such contempt for sure.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The soundtrack was the *only* aspect of the game I enjoyed. The overworld theme is my favorite song from the entire Final Fantasy series, actually.

It's the irritating characters, plot holes, lame spin-offs, fanbase, and incredibly poor localization that ruined the game for me.

It's the irritating characters, plot holes, lame spin-offs, fanbase, and incredibly poor localization that ruined the game for me.
    Although I still enjoyed the game, I can't say I disagree with you on any of these issues that you mentioned, especially the spin-offs and the fanbase. There are certainly better FF's out there that didn't get such a fanbase, unfortunately.

This game had a good story (coperate control, capitalist greed, other convaluted issues). Cid and Barret are what defined the game's boldness - one guy who pretty much heckles the hell out of his female assistant for her accident and the other a racial stereotype. Damn. MMM Spehy's kickass attitude, especially his one hit kills in Cloud's distorted memories.

What I didn't like are all the crappy spinoffs (but that's for a different thread).

FF7 is not my favorite FF game, but it's still a good one IMO. The materia system was pretty good as was the sound track. I also like story though Sepheroth would've been better if he wasn't made out to be such a "moma's boy". IMO it would've been better if he was just corrupted by Jenova or something rather than going on about how he wants to make his "mother" happy.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I liked the Materia system and I adore a majority of the OST.

[B

I love the Soundtrack, The Story and the Materia system because it let's you be creative (yes overpowered also), chocobo racing, and the use of limits even if it was yet to be pulished, they were great.
    I also love how the game has attitude and is open to exploration.
    There are so many things to acomplish and aquire at the sidequests which have a perfect difficulty level so that you don't get bored and get rewareded with awesome stuff