Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It was pointless to have the Buggy break down...

anyway if the buggy didn't break down for that reason, i'm sure they would have added some lines for Barret to convince the others to go with Nanaki, considering he adores the place as the birthplace of the original Avalanche, so much so he decided to take the name for his own due to a high respect for the original Avalanche, too bad he never realized that Avalanche was partly responsible for the burning of Corel... so i'm quite certain, that would have been a viable option but they went with a breakdown instead as a means to really make sure you're trapped there for some story, instead of just rolling away straight onto Nibelheim...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Besides the Highwind and the Tiny Bronco, the only aircraft we see are Gelnika, which are transport craft, and definitely not designed for comfort. If you're head of a worldwide dictatorship, you should get to travel in style and comfort. Hence the Tiny Bronco.
    I don't think the Tiny Bronco is the type of vehicle to "travel in style" I'm afraid. Its not really about needing it for Rufus himself to pilot but rather they needed it to track down Sephiroth and the Promised land. Shin-Ra has helicopters for this kind of grunt work and besides, they find Sephiroth and the Temple of the Ancients long before your party does. I still feel it stands that this was a silly plot element created to get Cid to join you.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To those who have explained I see what you are saying about the breakdown, it makes sense, so thank you.

Wolf Kanno, I see what you are saying about the Tiny Bronco, and you are right, I can't see why I didn't notice that before...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

Besides the Highwind and the Tiny Bronco, the only aircraft we see are Gelnika, which are transport craft, and definitely not designed for comfort. If you're head of a worldwide dictatorship, you should get to travel in style and comfort. Hence the Tiny Bronco.
    I don't think the Tiny Bronco is the type of vehicle to "travel in style" I'm afraid. Its not really about needing it for Rufus himself to pilot but rather they needed it to track down Sephiroth and the Promised land. Shin-Ra has helicopters for this kind of grunt work and besides, they find Sephiroth and the Temple of the Ancients long before your party does. I still feel it stands that this was a silly plot element created to get Cid to join you.
    The Tiny Bronco is the perfect vehicle for joyriding. Much more so than the helicopters.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Tiny Bronco is the perfect vehicle for joyriding. Much more so than the helicopters.
    Lol! I can see Rufus pimping the Tiny Bronco out.

Yeah, the Highwind was being prepared at that stage, so Rufus did require another means of transport.

If I remember correctly, Nanaki was planning on staying at Cosmo Canyon, to protect it like his parents before him. Bugenhagen convinces him at the time to go with the party. So, if the party didn't break down, he would have just gone in and said "Cheers guys!" They would've left and he wouldn't have been able to catch up.

There you go!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I still don't remember this

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hmm, I really don't remember the buggy breaking down this time around either, I'm pretty sure it didn't. It has happened to me before, though. Maybe it only breaks down if you try to drive past it.

yes that is when it happens, it breaks down just as you pass Cosmo Canyon, if you get out and go into the canyon before ever reaching it then there is no need for it to break down as you're entering a new storyline part the moment you climb those stairs... i wonder if it will break down if you try to leave before going through the Gi Cave, i never tried leaving since the buggy always breaks down on me, i like to park in front of the towns enterances...

Blog Entries

I think theres a guy there to stop you from leaving. He says something like "Stay for a while" or "its too dark to go outside" not too sure though.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

I still have my buggy and I'm in the last place of disk one. LOL, I didn't know it broke down if you ride it into Cosmo Canyon.

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

Default Buggy break down

The ONLY way the buggy will break down is if you drive it into the "shadow" in front of Cosmo Canyon.

Indeed, I rolled right by there and went to Nibelheim first and then backtracked my way down.

It makes going back to Costa De Sol/Junon and getting the Beta Enemy Skill WAY easier if you have the buggy then without IMO.

At least in the US PS1 version, you CAN go right past there. Just avoid the shadow. This is confirmed as I just did it 2 days ago when I was sick. LOL

the buggy doesnt break down until just after you pass cosmo canyon, the first time I played this game I actually stopped by myself and did the canyon storyline normally. There was no reference to my buggy and it never broke down after I finished the storyline.