Thread: Li'l Murderder is one F'ed up monster

Default Li'l Murderder is one F'ed up monster

Okay so I've playing FF4 and I'm on this moon looking for the last boss (*has no idea if she's in the right place*) and I get in to a fight with a monster called Li'l Murderder and this is what happened

-Copypaste from MSN-

it's like *gets thorwn in to battle* ... O mai~ *monster drops down with float already casted on it* ... Okay o.0 *Monster cast scan on its self* ... WTF...? Oh it's weak to lighting

Is this just a monster they put it for a laugh or what?
    Last edited by Anniexo; 04-08-2009 at 10:35 PM.

Casting lightning spells on it will causes it to retaliate with it's own terrible Thunder spell. Use anything else and just beat it easily. It's just there for that chance you'll do that the first time and get killed/decimated by it, hence the SNES name of Tricker.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rase View Post
    Casting lightning spells on it will causes it to retaliate with it's own terrible Thunder spell. Use anything else and just beat it easily. It's just there for that chance you'll do that the first time and get killed/decimated by it, hence the SNES name of Tricker.
    Good job I can kill them off fast then... Oh wells, doesn't matter now since I finished the game, so I guess this can be locked now

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, I fell for that the first time around too. Never again!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

If you're hardcore you cast lightning spells on it.
    Figaro Castle

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It is a cleverly designed random battle. I find myself wishing that more random battles had unique qualities like that in every Final Fantasy game. It kind of reminds me of the friendly monster battles from Final Fantasy IX if we were required to do something more with them than give them the precious stone that they want, you know?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

The problem with the Lil' Murderer is that he just keeps casting Scan on himself until you hit him with a thunder-elemental attack and not doing anything else, making him way too easy to beat despite his somewhat impressive HP. He should stop scanning himself and attack you normally(but not quite as brutally) as soon as you attack him with something other than a thunder spell.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

it's not like there aren't tons of other strong monsters to fight down there. The respite of meeting this little fellow is quite welcome in my book.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Zombie thread, ho! The thing is about the Tricker is that even when I cast Lit on it, it doesn't even come close to decimating my party. Is this something new that's been added for the rerelease or was I just lucky not to get punished by a little orange-clothed imp? I remember actually trying to find out what the heck was up with this monster way back in the day when I first got to the end of the game and nothing ever happened except me killing it eventually after getting tired of wasting time.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Final Fantasy IV was made in a time when Square was still exploring the fun things they could do with their emerging systems. For example, the Toad and Minimum statuses were introduced in FFII, then applied to actual dungeon exploration in FFIII. Likewise, FFIII debuted the Libra spell, and here you have the Li'l Murder. There's also a guy in the Developers' Room who'll scan himself, revealing his various insecurities.