Thread: New game?

Default New game?

Okay so I'm at the Barrier Tower in Galuf world and I feel under leveled, do you think I should just start a new game, or go fine somewhere to level up, so help you pick, here are what levels I'm at

Bartz: Level 28. Knight lv4 Monk lv4 Samurai lv2 Time Mage lv2 Blue Mage lv3 (with the spells Aqua Breath, Aera, Flame Thrower and Missile) Red Mage lv1 and Chemist lv1

Lenna: Level 28. Ninja lv3 White Mage lv5 Time Mage lv3 Summoner lv5 Blue Mage lv1 and Dancer lv1

Galuf: Level 27. Knight lv3 Monk lv3 Mystic Knight lv4 Black Mage lv6 Red Mage lv2 and Geomancer lv1

Faris: Level 28. Monk lv2 Thief lv5 Ninja lv3 Berserker lv1 Time Mage lv2 Red Mage lv2 Beastmaster lv2 and Bard lv1

So what do you think, should I? Or should I just find somewhere to level up?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Your levels are fine. Levels don't do that much in this game, though Job level grinding (for abilities) is really helpful. What parts are you having trouble with?

Blog Entries

Default RE: New game?

You could make it through. If you encounter a red dragon in a chest just have 4 summoners cast titan. Since you can't teleport out of there (I don't think) you should just find a place to level up. I'm playing FFV right now too, and I was level 30's all around by then.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Your levels are fine. Levels don't do that much in this game, though Job level grinding is really helpful. What parts are you having trouble with?
    Well I just got my ass kick two yellow dragons on floor 9 and I guessed I would have had my ass kicked by Atomos if I got to him.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Atomos isn't that bad, as long as you have one person dead throughout the battle (going in with one dead character will help a lot). This is because he can't suck anyone in when four people are alive, and he just goes berserk. Just use stuff like Comet, Titan, 1,000 Needles, Ninja + Focus (basically any of your best damaging stuff at that point) and he should go down before he vacuums up your dead character.

Or you can use Black Spark + Level 5 Death to instant kill him, but you didn't list those as Blue Magic you had.

If you really want to grind, you can go to the basement in Bal Castle and use level 5 Death on the statues, and get crazy AP there. With enough patience, you could master Ninja, Mystic Knight, Ranger, Red Mage, and other jobs effectively making the rest of the game pretty easy. If you don't have level 5 Death you could use Gold Needles, but it's slower.

This is assuming you can even leave the tower; it's been a long time since I've played, but I think I remember being able to leave with the submarine.