Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So Finally, I Have Tried Them

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to assume that the PSX versions having slow loading is an American only thing, because It works perectly fast for me.

Also I think I like FFV and FFVI equally, except they score points in opposite directions, it's hard to expalin to the point.

Final Fantasy V Advance is my favorite version of anything FF. The script is what it was missing in the PSX version (that and the load times). When they were fixed for the GBA version it was perfected!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    All right I made it up to getting Sabin, I got stuck and frustrated in South Figaro when I met an old man who wanted Cider. I found a guy in the cafe who was going to take it to him, but whenever I follow him and go there, he's already given it to the old man and he won't talk to me. I tried following the guy and mug him for the cider, that didn't work, nor did trying to race him to the old guy's house or taking a short cut through the secret passageway. I also tried picking up the cider before talking to him and that didn't work either.
    Patience grasshopper, that becomes important later...

Sabin is Edgar's brother and their is an optional story sequence concerning their pasts that comes a bit later.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Are you reading the dialogue in FFVI? How did you not know Sabin and Edward were brothers?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    I'm going to assume that the PSX versions having slow loading is an American only thing, because It works perectly fast for me.

Also I think I like FFV and FFVI equally, except they score points in opposite directions, it's hard to expalin to the point.
    Why would american PS1s read discs faster than european PS1s? The loading times were rotten on the PAL versions too.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    Are you reading the dialogue in FFVI? How did you not know Sabin and Edward were brothers?
    Who said that I didn't know?

I've gotten to acquiring Cyan at this point, I liked the changing to different events with Mog, that was something different. Cyan's entry was cool and I thought it was funny for a guy that looked like that to be that powerful. Shadow BTW seems a bit too powerful. His dog deals more damage than him. bCyan jumping into the party also seemed a little funny, I guess he needed a place to retreat to, but the game didn't really make that clear in his dialogue. I am also confused about when he entered the room and saw othose people and the little one came out and said Dear?

It felt dark and bizzarre, but if it leaves a surprise later don't explain it to me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This would all make more sense if you were playing the GBA version cause the script clarifies a lot of that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Currently I just played up to the part where I found Terra in Zozo. That place surprised me, because I didn't expect it to be a dungeon and nearly died on my second battle with the dancer throwing knives.

I had Shadow with me too and he stayed until I had gotten a game over and replayed the portion of the game. He left right after a pincer attack. I was like WTH!?

he was with me when my party were alive before the game over in Zozo, but the second time when I was barely in there, he just suddenly decides to leave. Is Shadow going to keep on doing this or will he eventually stay?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He eventually stays, he spends the first half of the game coming and going. There is a way to get him to permanently join you but there is a trick to it.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

Why would american PS1s read discs faster than european PS1s? The loading times were rotten on the PAL versions too.
    Strange. They never loaded bad for me, mind you I used PS2s by the time I had those games, so maybe that gets around the loading problerm?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

My copy of FFVIII is scratched up a bit so some of the FMVs freeze up in the PS1. I have to play past them in the PS2 xD

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Why isn't this in FFVI's forum?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    Why isn't this in FFVI's forum?
    Because it's about both V and VI.

I just got Relm yesterday. She's cute. I didn't expect her to draw in the middle of battle.

I play FF VI on my PS3 via the PSone disc and I didn't even notice the slow loading times until coming to this forum and seeing everyone moan about them and calling it a game-breaker which I disagree with.

Next to playing it on the Snes or an emulator the PSone version is the best option as I wouldn't want to play Diet FFVI on the GBA.

Oh and that damn guy with the cider confused me so much the first time too. I must have spent half an hour trying to give him some to no avail.

You just left Zozo? "Zozo?" Hmmm, never heard of it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm way past that now. This game is giving me the most frustration than any of the others with it's high random encounters in dungeons. I'm trying to get to the floating continent, but I keep on dying on the way there. First time was against the regular enemies second time too, third and fourth against the flying airship. He goes three times per turn and is pretty tough.
    I've put it off for a while because of that. All my characters are in early 20's except for terra.