Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So Finally, I Have Tried Them

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I keep forgetting about the new Leviathan fight.

But the moogle rocks... He kicks ass on the Floating Continent.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am not admin, but I feel this should be put back in the "General Final Fantasy" section. This is about Anthology which is about IV and V, i.e. two FFs - VI has nothing to do with it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

anthology is is V and VI. I have the game right in my living room and I would like to say thank you to Wolf. I finally got past that part and met up with Kefka.

(SPOILER)Dang man I didn't expect for the world to be like this. Just woke up as Celes a year later and found ut that Cid's been taking care of me for a year and that he's dying. man this is some serious stuff

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm happy I could ease your frustration. Enjoy the World of Ruin and feel free to ask for help. There is a ton of stuff to do in this part of the game and its easy to miss a few things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    anthology is is V and VI. I have the game right in my living room and I would like to say thank you to Wolf. I finally got past that part and met up with Kefka.

(SPOILER)Dang man I didn't expect for the world to be like this. Just woke up as Celes a year later and found ut that Cid's been taking care of me for a year and that he's dying. man this is some serious stuff
    Are you sure about that? I have Anthology and it's IV and V, I also as VI as seperate game.

Are there two Anthologies? (maybe a UK/US alternative?)

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is a thread about ff6, so it goes here. The other discussion i ancillary. Not sure about the differen anthologies, but in the US ff5 and ff6 were released together for PSone, and ff4 and Chrono Trigger were released together for PSone as well. If I recall correctly.

The World of Ruin is pretty depressing. I think the game is a bit too dark, although the ridiculous self-help dialogue at the end is even worse. But the game play is great!

Getting Joker Doom is amazing but crappy, as Wolf Kanno noted above.

Also, if you hate the random encounters, use the moogle charm. best item ever! especially useful when you have to split your party later in the game and you haven't leveled up some people.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Are you sure about that? I have Anthology and it's IV and V, I also as VI as seperate game.

Are there two Anthologies? (maybe a UK/US alternative?)
    It's just as you've said: the US Anthology is V and VI, and the UK Anthology is IV and V. In Japan, all three games were released separately over the course of three years before being compiled as Final Fantasy Collection (which is why FFIV's FMVs are so lousy: they're from early 1997).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post

It's just as you've said: the US Anthology is V and VI, and the UK Anthology is IV and V. In Japan, all three games were released separately over the course of three years before being compiled as Final Fantasy Collection (which is why FFIV's FMVs are so lousy: they're from early 1997).

Thankyou for explaining this - I have been wodering why people kept reffering to VI as an "Anthology" game.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I've just gotten Cyan back now and for a while here I'm still wondering what some of the items I have do in the game. I have this Soul Sabre weapon that's useless. It does O damage to the enemey and 0 healing to myself? Atma WQeapon sometimes does good damage and at other times it doesn't.
    I also unlocked that treasure chest in Cyan's room and I was surprised when I opened it. I didn't get any kind of item. Did it do anything, also does anyone have a good stretegy against beating that dragon in the box. I just got my but whooped three times in a row and decided to leave it alone.

In the GBA remake, the chest gives you a book called 'BUshido in the Bedroom', it's more of a joke chest then anything.

Atma weapon does damaged based on your current HP, I don't remember if you need low HP or High for it to do good damage though.

And I don't remember the Soul Sabre at all saddly.

And since you have the airship, I suggest getting Gau Back. Just take 3 members to the Veldt, and eventually Gau will show back up and join you as if nothing happened.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Atma Weapon does damage based on the wielder's HP. Unlike Cloud's Ultima Weapon though, the damage/HP ratio is a bit more direct. The weapon will rarely do damage above the wielder's HP. If they have 1000hp they will do 1000 damage. The damage decreases as they lose Hp but will be restored as they regain health.

Soul Sabre uses Mp to do powerful attacks, once your characters HP hits 0 it does crap damage. Its great for characters like Edgar and Locke who don't really need to use summons or magic to do damage.

For the Dragon, I would Vanish/Doom him since you are playing the PS version. Just don't use Break or X-Zone or you will lose their special item they drop.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Where is Gau exactly? Is he in that cave? I found Relm there and took her back home or is he more like romaing around the savannah?
    I'm unsure where to go to if Gau doesn't give me any hints.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gau is on the Veldt. Just do what you used to, create a party of three and wander around til he appears and rejoins.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Well I was confused on what to do for a while so I had given it up. I later came back and have entered the tower where Kefka supposedly is. I have the three parties split up in groups of 3 except Celes party that has four. I'm thinking I could have gotten Relm and Strago with me, but that boss at the top of the twoer is way too hard. I spent an hour trying to beat him and when I did Meteor put us to death. Now I'm getting frustrated in this dungeon.

I've come to the point where the party splits apart and they all gatherred to the room where two switches have to be pressed and two anvils dropped. I got to fighting the boss in the middle room and I found it extremely hard with my party of Mog, Umaro, and Cyan. What gets me is the enemy's wave cannon move it's far too powerful and kills everyone except mog who absorbs the attack and after that he copies Atma and does that glowy thing. I've been struggling in this dungeon because of lack of save points and frequent boss encounters. I skipped passed Atma and I am here now struggling. I'm afraid to leave and have to do all this stuff over again.

my other two parties are Celes, Locke, Gogo, Setzer, and the other is Edgar, Sabin, and Gau. All members are somewhere in the 40's.

Edit: I also tried the Vanish Doom thing, but the boss can't be hit by Vanish I tried, he doesn't turn invisible.

You're almost there! Don't get discouraged. It's supposed to be challenging. Keep it up!