Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: So Finally, I Have Tried Them

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Well I finally decided to try again this time I used a different strategy. I removed armor and relics off of everyone and just horded the best of the stuff on the party that was going to fight the boss. I barely beat both of those, but still. now I'm having trouble on the Goddess boss. I don't understand how she can be beatable. First she invents some new status ailment that makes party members fall in love with her so whenever I try to attack her, the lovesick member jumps in the way and takes the hit. It's also incurable and shortly in the battle she does this weird version of Doom that turns the whole party into zombies. I thought I could counter this my second time with a ribbon or that relic that prevents zombie, but no, I still get turned into one. Help!

BY THE GODDESS!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The easiest way to win is just to simply spam all high level abilites like Bum Rush and Ultima. If Setzer is in your party and you have the Fixed Dice, I highly recommend equipping the weapon and giving him the Offering. The Fixed Dice negates the Offering's annoying ability to half the attack power of weapons so Setzer can easily his four times with the Fixed Dice with each blow doing damage in the thousands.

If you have Locke with the Valiant Knife, get him low health and let him go to town. Haste2 is going to be your best friend in this fight. Also, if she uses the charm spell, I believe spells like Ultima and using the offering should negate the Charm effect and allow full damage to Goddess.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I don't have Ultima. I didn't even know it was in the game. The most powerful spell I have is Meteor.

Did I mention I had Setzer and Locke in that party? If not then good guess. I have Celes, Locke, Setzer, and Gogo for that fight. Locke knows Fire3, Life2, and Cure 3 as his best. Setzer I think has the Haste2. I'm surprised about the fixed dice. I thought they were useless. I can't remember if I have Valiant Knife, but it sounds familiar. So what should Celes and Gogo do?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You get the Valiant Knife when Locke joins you. Did you go back to Narshe and have Locke open up the locked doors to plunder the town? (SPOILER)If so, the town has a man who gives you a choice between keeping a broken Esper shard or having him turn it into a powerful sword. The Ragnarok Esper teaches Ultima, the Ragnarok sword is incredibly powerful and randomly casts Flare with its normal attacks. It can be bet st the Coliseum to get access to the most powerful sword in the game Illumina/Lightbringer. Also in the town is a man who gives you the Cursed Shield. The shield inflicts the wielder with every status ailment in the game but if you wear the shield through 255 battles, it transforms into the Paladin Shield which has the best defensive stats in the game and also teaches Ultima to its wielder.

The Dice weapon is useless, but the Fixed Dice does incredible amounts of damage but it fluctuates. Sometimes it hits for 800hp damage other times it can do 9999hp damage. Due to its "fixed" nature it tends to roll four digit damage.

Celes should be your dedicated healer if you have the magic otherwise, spam your best all hitting spells like Quake and Meteor if she has them otherwise I would keep her as a defensive unit.

Gogo should be using Tools or Blitz, go into Gogo's status screen and the game gives you the ability to give Gogo three abilities. I would choose Magic, Tools, and Blitz unless you have a preference for something else. He should have access to all the abilites and tools that Sabin and Edgar have access to. His/Her magic is based on the spells known by the current party.

Hope this helps.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Reallly, I didn't know Gogo could do anything other than Mimic. I used the shard to make the sword instead and it looks like I won't be getting Ultima.
    I'll give it a try.

I've always gotten the esper b/c the sword's seemed less useful to me when I can already hit high numbers without it. Plus Kefka dies in 1 turn to Locke w/o the sword, which is another reason I chose the esper.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Outside of netting a few rare items easily without the Coliseum and learning Ultima slightly early, I find I prefer getting the sword over the magicite cause the bonuses and damge are exceptional and it goes well with my favorite character Terra. I generally find attaining the Paladin Shield to be a better means of getting Ultima cause it also nets you an incredibly powerful piece of defensive equipment. I think getting the esper the first time through is a good choice but after finally breaking down and getting the Ragnarok sword in my last playthrough I don't think I will ever go back.

Gogo is a deceptive character and don't worry about not knowing about his status screen set up. I had played through and beaten the game several times before I stumbled upon it myself.