Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biggest pain to beat

Default Biggest pain to beat

Hey all...
    I'm currently on a quest to beat (meaning complete the main storyline) all of the mainline final fantasies and most of the major spinoffs. That means I intend to beat: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VII DC, VII CC, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XI****, XII, XII RW, FF TA2, FF Tactics, and FF TA. Oh...and all KH installments minus Coded.
    **** By XI I mean Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest (just because...:P)
    So far I still have to complete III, V, VIII, IX, RW, and all of the Tactics games. And XI

I guess my point is, which one is the biggest pain in the ^&* to beat? I was playing III for the DS and so far, that has my vote. I also think I'll be suffering through the Tactics installments just because I tend to hate strategy games.

As an aside, if any of you have already achieved this quest I'm undertaking, say so! Maybe I'll give you a piece of virtual cake!
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VII: DoC, VII: CC, VIII, X, X-2, XII, KH, KH:CoM, Re:CoM, KHII, CT

FF VIII and FF X were the biggest pain for me to beat. I just found those two to be so uninteresting and dry that I couldn't stand playing through them. I found myself forcing to push through playing them just so I could get them over with.

Unless you mean which one was a pain in the ass to beat because it was too difficult? If you're going by difficulty, then none of them were incredibly hard to beat. Final Fantasy games in general are pretty easy.

I would say VIII, because it's so boring. It's a horribly developed plot dragged across 4 disks that is only really complimented by the nostalgia of some of the references and a few good OST songs.

8 cause i was at my youngest when i first done it
    not cause of it being boring cause i loved ( almost ) every minute of it

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> FF6 because it was too boring..
    (and I still have not beat it.)
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Of the ones you still have to beat, I'd agree that FFIII is the hardest (and most fun) to get through, being ill prepared for the final dungeon is a pain...

My next choice would be FFTactics cause it has some pretty bad difficulty spikes and some missions that feel impossible the first time through. If you overlevel, the story part is ridiculously easy but random encounters become something to fear (they level with you). I still have nightmares from the all monk or all samurai random encounters *shivers*

IX is probably the next hardest and the rest are pretty dirt easy. I've been playing through RW lately and I find I get killed more from the controls than actual difficulty fighting the monsters. I'm still only a little ways into the game so things might change.

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    Which selection of drugs do you abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    My next choice would be FFTactics cause it has some pretty bad difficulty spikes and some missions that feel impossible the first time through. If you overlevel, the story part is ridiculously easy but random encounters become something to fear (they level with you). I still have nightmares from the all monk or all samurai random encounters *shivers*

IX is probably the next hardest and the rest are pretty dirt easy. I've been playing through RW lately and I find I get killed more from the controls than actual difficulty fighting the monsters. I'm still only a little ways into the game so things might change.
    I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, but could you be more specific? I don't remember having any difficulty in either of these two games, though I will admit that it's been quite a long time since I've played them.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you play straight through Tactics and don't bother to level or understand the system very well, its a mean game and alot of the "protect useless" missions will see you getting the game over screen. Not to mention Weigraf/ Belias fight is pretty hard even if you do overlevel a bit.

As for IX, it has the return of the high encounter rate and if you are silly like I am and level a bit you run into problems if you don't pace yourself. Its not that hard, but compared to TA, TA2, RW, and VIII its a bit more challenging.

I just rated the games she still had left to play.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Khalin View Post
    FF VIII and FF X were the biggest pain for me to beat. I just found those two to be so uninteresting and dry that I couldn't stand playing through them. I found myself forcing to push through playing them just so I could get them over with.

Unless you mean which one was a pain in the ass to beat because it was too difficult? If you're going by difficulty, then none of them were incredibly hard to beat. Final Fantasy games in general are pretty easy.
    Replace X with II and those are my sentiments. At least II is kind of short. Unlike VIII, which drags.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Khalin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    Which selection of drugs do you abuse?.
    >>> The kind of drugs that prevent me from becoming a rabid FF6 fanboy..
    Last edited by black orb; 04-22-2009 at 08:35 PM.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

well in X it's pretty easy to obtain anything that has no encounters for a party member so that eliminates the random encounters part. I think VI has the most development for their characters and honestly the best set of characters from ANY FF game. The storyline wasn't bad either.
    But to answer the question, VIII was kinda a drag and hard if you dont play it right.Well hard for the series
    The Dude Abides...

Tactics is a great game, but the Advance and A2 has this annoying Law system that can be a real pain. Physically.
    "Guchi-guchi" said the little baby, and his mom mistakingly bought him an expensive bag

Blog Entries

IV. I still haven't beat it. :|
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

This is the first time I ever heard someone say that IX is hard, maybe a secret boss in it, but generaly mostly everyone could agree that it's one of the easiest.

Out of the ones I've played IV gave me the most trouble, I would have said XII instead, but most of my deaths in that game came from non- story events. The game is challenging, but I love it.

I think I should point out that I am pretty much god awful at these games. Well, for the most part. I've died SO MANY TIMES in FFIII that I am almost too frustrated to play. Is it seriously just a matter of my being underleveled or unlucky? I don't flee from battles...
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VII: DoC, VII: CC, VIII, X, X-2, XII, KH, KH:CoM, Re:CoM, KHII, CT