Thread: GRRR!

Default GRRR!

For those of you that have played and beat the game, I need help.

I am at the dwarven castle where I am supposed to fight and beat Golbez, but I can't seem to do it! I beat that huge doll-thing (which is a royal pain in the ass), and then Golbez pops out of nowhere and kicks my ass, even with Rydia. Here's why:

-I can't seem to get Rosa up and cured fast enough. I know that she's supposed to duelcast shell and cura but he kicks my ass usually before that point. If I'm lucky, Rosa will be able to do this.

-Here's the biggest problem I have. He uses Osmose and I am out of completely out of ethers. I have to use items in my inventory then, and those are't enough, Eventually, every one gets osmosed and I'm screeewed. It's like 'ok, well f you. Die'.

-Does anyone know how I can easily defeat the doll beforehand without hastle, and does anyone know where I might be able to find some ethers??

Thanks.

Calbrina, the large doll, will appear if you kill off one type of small doll and have at least one of the other type remaining. You can avoid the second part of the battle by using Yang's Kick to damage all the dolls at once. Blink and Protect will reduce the damage you receive.

As for Golbez, there is one method you can use that involves only Cecil and Rydia so you don't waste time reviving the others. Golbez will use Barrier Shift to change his elemental weaknesses. Have Cecil cast Libra or use a Bestiary item to reveal Golbez' weakness and have Rydia summon the corresponding Eidolon. If you're around the Lv30-35 mark you should be able to pull this off.

If you want to revive everyone, try to time it so a Hi Potion is used directly after a Phoenix Down to reduce the chance that the character will be killed by one of Golbez's spells. Once everyone has been revived and Shell'd, use the strategy above of using Libra/Bestiary and Eidolons. Only Rydia should attack -- everyone else should focus on healing.

I can't think of where to get Ethers. Do you have any Dry Ethers in your stock?

Thanks! I managed to beat it cause he never used osmose. *dies*

That sounds weird. Golbez using Osmose made it easier for me to get my party back up. Of course, I didn't use any augments when I played FF IV, so maybe I just got lucky both times through.

Golbez uses Osmose? That's strange. Besides Holdmist (or whatever it was called), all I remember him doing is Elemental Spells and Virus.