Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FFXII has little replay value.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The plot's one of my main reasons for replaying any FF game - seeing again how it all unfolded, this time knowing how it's actually going to turn out. Quite a different experience to that first play-through, when there's still that pall of mystery.

Understanding the gameplay better makes it a more enjoyable experience the second time around too. Knowing how battles, abilities etc all work.

And without the pressing desire to keep advancing the plot, there's more time for exploring and sight-seeing.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    RPGs in general have little replay value unless they pull a Chrono Trigger or X-2. Once you've done everything there is usually no point to replay them unless you liked the plot.
    I've always been baffled by the lack of New Game+ in the regular FF series. Chrono Cross did it even better with the FF button. But I rarely replay games except to get a 'perfect' save or to try out new branches of a storyline (assuming it has any).

I may eventually go back to FFXII, but I'm in no hurry.

For anyone who's interested a little progress report om my second playthrough;

Being only level 28-30-ish I'm on my way to (SPOILER)Giruvegan

Just before I entered (SPOILER)Draklor I went on a little expedition to get the Zodiac Spear and succeeded. This should help my semi-rush through the game.

I'm still suprised by how fairly easy you can run through this game using the right tactics.

I actually thought XII had a lot of replay value, though I have to admit that the primary reason I think this is probably because I just flat out love the game. When I play and beat I still want to continue playing it.

I'm also with BG-57, why in the world has square implemented this into their Final Fantasy games yet. Its not a bad feature and it gives players a little more incentive to play the game over again. This and a few other things that I'm baffled that they haved put into their games yet.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

In theory, no, but this game I liked the more I played it. I didn't like it that much the first time around, but I liked it enough to play it twice. Now I love it xD

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Meh. I think it has quite a bit of replay value- getting all of the sidequests, picking up things you missed *coughzodiacspearcough*, tweaking the characters license boards to see what works best, and just plain having fun with the battle system.

I'm playing it for the third time right now, and just can't believe how much fun it still is. I have been persuaded to start a new game when I remember how much fun the story is for the first part of the game. Everything before the point where you head to Kerwon is just like pure fun to me. Also, it's fun to try to explore as far as you can in the world while progressing the story as little as possible.
    What really makes the game totally replayable for me is just how much fun it is to try to get characters really strong with various weapon/armor combinations. FFXII got this system perfect.
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

Final Fantasy XII is my favorite videogame ever! I've beaten it twice and now i'm playing through it again! Roughly 275 hours (around 11 full days!) of my life have been devoted to this game, and I predict many more in the future.

I think that the most replay-able part of the game is the beautiful battle system! Reassigning characters with different weapons and classes, and tinkering with their gambits is great! Plus, I love playing through the story just to watch the fabulous cutscenes and characters! The scenery and locations are so beautiful, i've spent HOURS wandering around Ivalice just looking at all the details in all the locations.

FFXII is just suuuuch a great game! And oddly, now I feel like crying tears of joy...

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No! NO! No no no no no! Absolutely not! This game sucked butt-cheese in my opinion. Not only that, my memory card was stolen, STOLEN PEOPLE! What kind of monster would do that I ask you? I digress. I had 100 hours into it, almost all of the hunts completed, I even found a hunt that gave a trophy that wasn't in the book! I was well on my way to completing this crappy game 100%. I will never ever play it again... maybe.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I would say no replay value except that I have logged 999.99 hours on it so I wouldn't be believed
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

I finished it once at level 99, but I didn't get everything. Main Replay Reason=Finding out how to get to Shadowseer at level 99 without almost dying. I can only manage 1 floor down.
    Be completely confused, puzzled, bamboozled, or some other word meaning the same as you try to solve these riddles in: http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...les-again.html (Otherwise known as FFXII Riddles). Currently on 6294's:

I'm not the only one of my kind,
    But no others have my beautiful glow.
    The places behind me and you hold danger,
    But you have an enemy on hand to help you.
    And something you have will be ideal to use.
    Who/What am I?

Wow, 999.99 hours?? That's amazing. On a single game or on all your playthroughs combined?
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Its only worth replaying if you didnt get everything the first time, but even though its not a very replayable game I still love it

yeah guardian my memory card was stolen also.... I have actually obtained the status of order of ambrosia twice.... My second time i got it in under 158 hours.
    i liked the battle system and the story(although i thought it took an idea from every game in the series) I wouldnt want to do it all again for a third time though, probably bc i like the classics more.
    The Dude Abides...

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

The hunts and other side-quests should add at least some replay value to the game. Other than that, the game is very long, so even your first time through the game should last for a while. I'd like to play the game again since the gameplay was tons of fun and I found the storyline and the world of FFXII enjoyable, but then again, I only get to play PS2 games when I visit my folks, which is about once in a month. Even my first run through FFXII took me about 10 months, with 99 hours on the clock.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi