Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Britain's Got Talent

Default Britain's Got Talent

Now, as a musician I hate X Factor and shows like it, but for some reason I adore Britain's Got Talent and I'm hooked on it again this year.

So here's the place to discuss you favourite/worst acts, all you Britons (and indeed international fans).

Personally, I'm flabbergasted that 'DJ Talent' actually got voted through.

SUSAN BOYLE

But the dude who was on there on Saturday was a better singer!

Personally, I loved the little boy from Cardiff. What a voice!

I've only seen the performances that the Yahoo! news raves about. So... Hollie Steel, Shaheen Jafargholi and Susan Boyle. All three did exceptionally well but were overdone a bit.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Susan Boyle will probably win, so that's a bit predictable. I don't really like that kid who sang the Michael Jackson song, because it was all a bit of a set-up. He has performed in tours before and he isn't really an amateur like the show tried to say he was.

That guy who sang last Saturday was really good, I agree. I don't know if people will vote for him though, probably because he is a little bit similar to Paul Potts. According to the news his wife died about a year ago, so that is quite sad. Hopefully he'll do well in the semi-final.

I always prefer the acts who aren't going to win, but are good anyway. Good Evans were my favourites from week one, but I think the judges were harsh on the mum, who was actually quite good. Flawless and Diversity were also fantastic, but they won't win because they don't have any sad story behind them.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I never got the whole deal with Susan Boyle. She sings decently. She has a good voice. Which is apparently absolutely astounding because she's not so pretty? I don't know, world. I just don't know about this. (If there are other reasons to why she got all hyped I must have missed them, but feel free to enlighten me)

I agree about Susan Boyle being over-hyped. She was alright, but not great.

And to be honest, Jamie Pugh was a far better singer. As for Good Evans - yeah he was a bit harsh on her, but the boy completely outshone the entire family. What a star!

I love the dance acts this year, as they're so original and beautifully choreographed. I also adored Hollie Steel's voice. She kept her pitch really well. Stavros Flatley was hysterical and god bless the little lad for having the balls to do it.

Not impressed with the saxophonist (seriously, I've heard kids play that song it was so easy) or the violinist (didn't anyone else NOTICE how out of time/tune she was or was everyone else just blinded by the fact she was playing really fast?)

Banned
    Blog Entries

I agree with the saxophonist! What was so special about it? I really didn't understand why everyone was so shocked.

I grant that it's very difficult to keep a soprano sax in tune, and he did a great job of doing so.

But seriously, easiest tune in the universe.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Susan Boyle has a good voice, but I think it's sad that someone performing after being mocked is a news story. I don't think her voice is exceptional, but it was good and I don't think it deserved the hype it got. Were it me in charge of the media, I think my headline for the story would've gone along the lines of "ITV show in 'presenters are gits' shocker."

As far as I'm concerned, anything with Piers Morgan, who is a thoroughly detestable human being and the equally off-putting Amanda Holden and Simon Cowell simply isn't worth watching. In fact, I think the only nice thing relating to Piers Morgan I can think of is a joke made by Stephen Fry on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue during a game that comes up with mock dictionary definitions for existing words: "What's the definition of Countryside? Killing Piers Morgan." Say it aloud.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I'm personally against all of these shows as they are all scams and completely define the phrase "15 minutes of fame". No-one makes a career from winning these shows and are used just so the producers can pocket the cash. Dunno why people even still bother appearing on these shows.

Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson seem to be doing well for themselves.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Paul Potts and Leona Lewis also disagree.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I just hopped in this thread to say that the thread title is an oxymoron!
    Figaro Castle

I remember when America's Got Talent had Regis Philbin and that girl that killed someone in a car accident. Then they replaced Regis with Jerry Springer and manslaugher-Brandy with Sharon Osbourne.

The talent stayed at the same level though: sub-par.