Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Girl types and what to do with them

So instead of, "What do you like to do?"

Say something LIKE, "It's so nice out today, it makes me think of parks."

Then she may say, "I like/love parks." or "I hate parks" or something along those lines of the park subject.
    I am sorry but this is utter bull and any girl who believes this is an awesome or attractive way of doing something should just lock themselves indoors and never talk to another person for the rest of their lives.

Why the hell do most girls find it necessary to bounce around the subject instead of a giving a straightforward answer and save time. This hinting bull needs to smurfing stop.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

It's communication Bunny. It's not just for girls, it is a way to Communicate to people to figure out likes and dislikes if you don't want to be RUDE and ask them out right, if you're too shy to ask them out right, or if you don't want to upset them with a topic.

Sure he could be blatant like you are bunny, but I doubt everyone wants more Bunnys running around.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Have you tried waterboarding them, PG? That'll make 'em crack.

It's communication Bunny. It's not just for girls, it is a way to Communicate to people to figure out likes and dislikes if you don't want to be RUDE and ask them out right, if you're too shy to ask them out right, or if you don't want to upset them with a topic.

Sure he could be blatant like you are bunny, but I doubt everyone wants more Bunnys running around.
    Communication != dancing around the subject.

"What do you like to do?" is a perfectly ordinary and simple question and covers a lot more ground than beating around the bush by dropping hints that make you look mentally handicapped.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Lekana View Post

Any good relationship, not just with a boyfriend or girlfriend, any type of ties to someone else at all, shouldn't have dancing around all subjects. Asking what someone likes isn't rude, it's more proper then not asking someone what they want/like to do. Plus it's painfully obvious when someone is fishing for answers, this is like, middle school way of communication.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Why the hell heck do most girls boys find it necessary to bounce around the subject instead of a giving a straightforward answer and save time. This hinting bull needs to smurfing stop It's a nice day to not hint around.

Banned

Hehe. Again Monda wins.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you have to ask other people what to do with her besides sex then maybe you shouldn't be with her.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    If you have to ask other people what to do with her besides sex then maybe you shouldn't be with her.
    Maybe, but I won't know until I find out she hates a lot of things I do.

Fun fact: you know how I joked (haha yeah..joked) about showing her my prons....

Ashley stumbled upon my prons.

xD

Banned

Eww.

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post
    This new azn girl is asian, likes video games, mango, animu, cosplay, reading, comics, video games, is smart (a pharmacist) and not a girl (ie not a child), but not fully grown too (ie younger than I am).

What do girls like that like to do?
    I think it's safe to say that she'd enjoy going to an anime convention if you haven't done that already. Just throwing that out there for starters.

P.S. You listed video games twice.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Værn View Post
    This new azn girl is asian, likes video games, mango, animu, cosplay, reading, comics, video games, is smart (a pharmacist) and not a girl (ie not a child), but not fully grown too (ie younger than I am).

What do girls like that like to do?
    I think it's safe to say that she'd enjoy going to an anime convention if you haven't done that already. Just throwing that out there for starters.

P.S. You listed video games twice.
    "So babe, if I cosplay as Ash, will you cosplay as Misty?" :freak:

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Relationships are remarkably easy once you figure out the essentials

Blog Entries

Anime convention sounds like a good plan. Also, considering she generally enjoys video games AND anime, it may be a safe bet that she likes video games that generally come from Japan, like JRPGs. Of course, if you figured out she likes Video Games, you probably figured out what kinds she like, too, unless she felt like you didn't want to talk about that or something.

Tell her to join EoFF. :mog:

Edit: About the whole "dancing around subject" thing, I'd have to disagree with Bunny and Boko. "What do you like to do?" is a perfect introductory question after the first phase of introduction has ended ("Hey, I'm Peeg." "Hey, I'm AZN."), but since they already know one another, simply initiating a conversation by saying "Hey, what do you like to do?" will come off pretty awkward, considering they know one another already. I don't really know many people that would pay that much mind, though, and you should feel free to ask anyway. But if I were in that situation, I'd initiate by stating something about myself in relation to the situation at hand, and then infer based on the other person's reaction.

It isn't just a girl thing, really. If I were to walk up to one of my friends and say "Hey, what do you like to do?", they'd probably be lost for words trying to define themselves appropriately, and people who have a blunt definition of themselves are wrong. :3

Edit 2: Oh crap. XD What did she think of your pr0nz?
    Last edited by KentaRawr!; 05-05-2009 at 05:12 AM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I can't ASK a girl it's like

so
    what
    do you want to do?

girl thinks: "what the hell he doesn't know what he wants to do and is asking me??"

girl says: "um..whatever you want to do"

girl thinking: "maybe he's just messing around"

Bad idea to ask her directly, but not bad to ask eoff! This is the basis of my post.
    Do you guys even read a thread? That's why I said what I said. Bah!